Universal Florida Day Tickets

Posted 17th Feb
Hi all we are going to Florida this summer and have 2 Children (10 & 6)
10 yr old would love the HP area but not sure how many rides either would appreciate / be eligible for.

I'm struggling to see a day pass for the 4 of us (2A and 2C) for less than £700! Am I missing something or is that the price I would have to pay?

Many thanks for viewing this!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
If you just want one single day then you might be better buying US tickets in dollars, rather than the UK tickets that are multi-day. These are $100-150 per person per day so you are still looking at £400+
If you want to visit both parks (and ride the Hogwarts Express between them) you need to get 2-park tickets which adds an additional cost.
Careful what you buy because you really need the pass that covers both parks or you won’t get to ride in the hogwarts express. Who did you book holiday with?? People like virgin will do the passes not much dearer than it costs for a day pass once there. Plus in 1 day at universal you’ll get on no rides, we spent 4 days there (between the 2) and even on 4th day we found bits we’d not seen.
Edited by: "toonsquirel" 17th Feb
toonsquirel17/02/2020 13:27

Careful what you buy because you really need the pass that covers both …Careful what you buy because you really need the pass that covers both parks or you won’t get to ride in the hogwarts express. Who did you book holiday with?? People like virgin will do the passes not much dearer than it costs for a day pass once there. Plus in 1 day at universal you’ll get on no rides, we spent 4 days there (between the 2) and even on 4th day we found bits we’d not seen.

I've spent two days there and got on everything I wanted to no trouble at all, it really depends what you want to see, what time of year it is and how busy the park is.

Just the highlights (so mainly Harry Potter plus a few mist-do like Spider-Man) it is possible in a day. If you don't want to get soaking wet and skip the water rides that makes it easy to do it in two days.

Definitly need the 2-park ticket though so you can do Hogwarts Express!
Edited by: "jon81uk" 17th Feb
jon81uk17/02/2020 13:57

I've spent two days there and got on everything I wanted to no trouble at …I've spent two days there and got on everything I wanted to no trouble at all, it really depends what you want to see, what time of year it is and how busy the park is.Just the highlights (so mainly Harry Potter plus a few mist-do like Spider-Man) it is possible in a day. If you don't want to get soaking wet and skip the water rides that makes it easy to do it in two days.Definitly need the 2-park ticket though so you can do Hogwarts Express!

Yeah I’d agree, 1 day you can just blast through but in 2 days you can see most and get on a few chosen rides but with 3/4 days you can see it all and get on a lot of rides and some of the better ones twice. I’d go with a 2 day 2 park ticket minimum. My son has autism so we got on so many more rides without having to wait hours, the flight of the navi at Disney had 5 hour wait on days we were there last May and all the big rides in all the parks had a 90 min+ wait time so without fast pass or disability pass people don’t realise just how time consuming going on a coupe of rides is with the waits etc.
Out of all the parks Universal is by far the poorest value. It's pretty easy to visit Disney every day for 14 days if you want to and Seaworld/Busch/Aquatica is great value. Universal isn't big enough to justify the price and is even worse if you aren't crazy about HP. Hopefully the new park and rides will make Universal better value ?
Azwipe17/02/2020 14:06

Out of all the parks Universal is by far the poorest value. It's pretty …Out of all the parks Universal is by far the poorest value. It's pretty easy to visit Disney every day for 14 days if you want to and Seaworld/Busch/Aquatica is great value. Universal isn't big enough to justify the price and is even worse if you aren't crazy about HP. Hopefully the new park and rides will make Universal better value ?

Yeah I’d say universal is more like 1 massive park instead of Disney having a few separate ones. But universal (counting both parks as 1) is the best of all the parks. Last year we just got 2 week passes for Disney/universal and spent the full 2 weeks just at those since they were pre paid. With the water parks we needed the full 2 weeks and then when we go next year we won’t do Disney and universal and will go to sea world and up to Busch etc. Disney and universal tickets are so expensive and getting 1 day tickets are such bad value you have to get multi day tickets and hammer the places to get the beat value. Our friends who went same time bought the tickets that cover all the parks and they spent about £5000 on park tickets yet out of the 20 or so parks they cover they only went to about 10 and only got to go to universal and magic kingdom for 1 day which just isn’t enough time when you’ve got kids slowing your down.
Thank you for all the advice, so Im right in the price range then of approx £500?
I think 1 day is extremely tight for universal and Islands of Adventure, especially during school holidays. Assuming 30 minutes per ride, you're looking at ~15 rides in a full day.

Unfortunately Universal don't want to sell British visitors 2-3 day passes, they want to sell them 2 week holidays so it's very uneconomical to buy short visit tickets. If you're going to do Seaworld and Busch Gardens, a flexi ticket package may end up being cheaper and give you 14 day access to the parks.

As for rides for a 6 year old, that all depends on his height and adventurousness. 40" unlocks the majority of rides without drops. 44" unlocks all but the worst rollercoasters and forbidden journey.

If he likes full height log flumes he'll be fine on Dudley Do-rights ripsaw falls and Jurassic park (although the latter is also very loud and could be intense on that front). If he's fine with runaway mine trains, he'll be fine with Flight of the Hippogriff and Gringotts bank coaster (this has a drop where the track tips up, has parts where it spins and has a launch but it's all very mild). Transformers, Kong, Fast and the Furious and Spider-man should be fine for children who meet the height requirement as they're all basically simulators (kong may be scary as it's loud but he can close his eyes if it gets too much). You can always work your way up to see what he can take (start Shrek 3D, then Minions, then Spider-man).
the price gets higher by year

when I went in 2013, it was $90 each
Mendoza17/02/2020 16:11

the price gets higher by year when I went in 2013, it was $90 each

Yep Disney the other day increased prices of single day tickets to over $200 . Wouldn't be surprised if universal announce a price increase
Have look at Floridatix or check out thedibb it will have some good tips.. universal has lots of rides that are family suitable and height restrictions should be on the website..

Disney do a 14 days for price of 7 and this actually works out great value when you compare it too tickets bought in the USA when the same money would get you a 5 day base ticket with park hopper so UK tickets can work out better you just need to know what you need.. so possibly plan out what you would like to do.. check average wait times per season ur going and then you will know what you need better..
Mendoza17/02/2020 16:11

the price gets higher by year when I went in 2013, it was $90 each

They want people to spend money in the parks so they target wealthier people by increasing the prices and freezing out the less wealthy. Ridiculous that you can now pick up a bargain 2 week Orlando holiday for the same price as Disney tickets.
just seen a commercial, it said $175 for a 3 day pass
Azwipe18/02/2020 01:56

They want people to spend money in the parks so they target wealthier …They want people to spend money in the parks so they target wealthier people by increasing the prices and freezing out the less wealthy. Ridiculous that you can now pick up a bargain 2 week Orlando holiday for the same price as Disney tickets.

Our holiday in May and as £2800 and our Disney/universal tickets were £3200. Although because we had the tickets fully paid for including transport with free buses we only spent £1000 while there. That’s 9 theme parks between the 2 and some need more than a day.
abigsmurf17/02/2020 15:03

Unfortunately Universal don't want to sell British visitors 2-3 day …Unfortunately Universal don't want to sell British visitors 2-3 day passes, they want to sell them 2 week holidays so it's very uneconomical to buy short visit tickets.

Just buy the tickets from a US seller (in $) or for universal you could even just buy on the gate.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants