University of Bedfordshire or University of West London

Posted 23rd Nov 2018
So basically I couldn't find accommodation and so I been withdrawn from my current course. I don't want to waste my year and then I found few universities for January/ February intake. Two of them are as mentioned in the title. Which one is better? Or any suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Neither are great universities. Depends what degree you’re doing or if it’s just a Micky mouse diploma.
Neither is a recognised hot house of talent so I woudln't bother with either. Sorry of that smarts a bit.

Get a 1st and that will make a big difference. If you dont have the drive to get a first, get an Apprenticeship and study part time for a professional qualification

Take a year out or go abroad to Uni.
If you struggled with accommodation, then stay away from London, stick to Bedford
deleted341252
Dont come to Bedford, its full of crime. Just announced today that Bedford Police can have extra millions to try and put the place back under control, only been here since March and cant wait to get out. Everywhere is crap - big time.
deleted34125223/11/2018 17:25

Dont come to Bedford, its full of crime. Just announced today that …Dont come to Bedford, its full of crime. Just announced today that Bedford Police can have extra millions to try and put the place back under control, only been here since March and cant wait to get out. Everywhere is crap - big time.

Have you ever thought of becoming an estate agent
deleted341252
ScubaDudes2 h, 33 m ago

Have you ever thought of becoming an estate agent

So long as I dont have to sell houses in Bedford. Lived in different countries and different areas of UK and honestly Bedford is so bad. Once my lease is up I am gone.
ccnp23/11/2018 15:23

Neither is a recognised hot house of talent so I woudln't bother with …Neither is a recognised hot house of talent so I woudln't bother with either. Sorry of that smarts a bit. Get a 1st and that will make a big difference. If you dont have the drive to get a first, get an Apprenticeship and study part time for a professional qualificationTake a year out or go abroad to Uni.

Thanks and what do you mean by Get a first?
If these two are not good universities then any recommendations for January intake university?
Tbh 10 years from now, no one is going to care what university you got a degree from. Not even you
BadMF23/11/2018 15:08

Neither are great universities. Depends what degree you’re doing or if i …Neither are great universities. Depends what degree you’re doing or if it’s just a Micky mouse diploma.

Business Management or Business Economics
Super185 h, 53 m ago

Business Management or Business Economics

Enjoy working at McDonald’s.
Super1824/11/2018 00:11

Thanks and what do you mean by Get a first?

A First is the highest award for a degree. It denotes very serious effort put in by you and very significant mental ability. It isn't like an A* at A level or GCSE. It's like getting 5 A*s at A level or 12 A*s at GCSE which is showing just how capable, hard working and bright you are

May I, I hope helpfully, suggest that you take a step back and chat to a few people including your past teachers and future lecturers about why you are going to Uni to read this subject. To give you a real return on this investment of time and money, you need to have a real passion for your subject. A passion that will drive you out of bed every morning, no matter how good a night out you had the previous evening or the beauty/rampancy of your bed companion.

Above all, be honest with yourself and determine if you will strive to get the highest mark or will lack the self discipline and motivation. Too many young people now leave Uni with staggering debts and bitterness in their heart, both of which blight their futures.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Own it and drive it.
ccnp3 h, 31 m ago

A First is the highest award for a degree. It denotes very serious effort …A First is the highest award for a degree. It denotes very serious effort put in by you and very significant mental ability. It isn't like an A* at A level or GCSE. It's like getting 5 A*s at A level or 12 A*s at GCSE which is showing just how capable, hard working and bright you areMay I, I hope helpfully, suggest that you take a step back and chat to a few people including your past teachers and future lecturers about why you are going to Uni to read this subject. To give you a real return on this investment of time and money, you need to have a real passion for your subject. A passion that will drive you out of bed every morning, no matter how good a night out you had the previous evening or the beauty/rampancy of your bed companion. Above all, be honest with yourself and determine if you will strive to get the highest mark or will lack the self discipline and motivation. Too many young people now leave Uni with staggering debts and bitterness in their heart, both of which blight their futures.Good luck with whatever you choose. Own it and drive it.

Thank you so kuch for your kind explanation and I will definitely double check, but I might stick with Business Management course as I have interest for this course. I've done level 3 as well in Business, Accounting and Law and I liked it. It was really interesting as well. Thanks anyway for taking your time and answering to my question.
ccnp4 h, 24 m ago

hot off the presshttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-46345527

Business and Economics are in the list
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants