Unlimited broadband with anytime calls to mobiles and landlines. Now Broadband via quidco

Posted 26th May 2020
Now Broadband brilliant broadband 12 month contract via Quidco and it works out £10.08 a month after quidco cashback. Sums below:

Brilliant broadband + calls £18 a month
Delivery £5
Quidco cashback -£100
=£121.00 a year, ÷ 12 months = £10.08 per month

Ps you need to take a 12 month contract or it will charge you an extra £60 quidco.com/now…nd/
Community Updates
11 Comments
Mods relocated it dunno why
They claimed it contained a banned word but then sent me just two paras of which the only word they might object to was "greedy". They didn't provide me a way to edit the post but just deleted it and now I have lost the energy to rewrite it.

Why can't they just put the post in a suspended state and let me re-edit it or why not just removed the banned word of greedy (if it is) and then let me re-edit it.

To delete a long post that took a lot of effort to write but not explain why is just totally high handed and unreasonable moderating.

Now I am going to have to copy and paste a copy of any post I make in this forum in case the same kind of high handed modding happens again.

This is the private message they sent me. Can you see any word they might object to there other than Greedy?

Or did they object to ADSL2+, FTTC, FTTP and fibre since those are the words underlined in red. Completely crazy in my view

Here is the PM sent me:-

"We've deleted your comment from the following thread as it contains blacklisted words or profanities. Please note the obscuring of letters is still seen as avoiding our swearfilter.

"Unlimited broadband with anytime calls to mobiles and landlines. Now Broadband via quidco"

"Yes just went for this £100 cashback offer (weirdly they are paying more cashback on Brilliant Broadband ADSL2+ than their more expensive + not available here FTTC products but I...for Anytime Calls) for FTTP and their 24 month contract and their expensive fibre cable will go unused for another year or two until they stop being so greedy.

Here are some links which you might find useful:!

FAQs - hotukdeals.com/FAQ
Publication Rules - hotukdeals.com/pub…les
Code of Conduct - hotukdeals.com/cod…uct"
Edited by: "Capvermell" 26th May
They allege that apparently they objected to my variant of the word sometimes otherwise known as Bar Stewards.. Which does surely seem very old fashioned of them indeed. For instance it wasn't a delicate sexual part of the male or female anatomy or a popular word of 4 letter abuse starting with f or s.

But deleting somebody's whole post rather than just deleting the banned word is ridiculous. Also the part they claimed they objected to was not the part that made reference to the bar personnel so was no help at all in telling me what I had done wrong.

Anyway they have now PM'ed me my deleted post so here it is (minus the bar personnel reference) hopefully not containing another word they object to:-

"Yes just went for this £100 cashback offer (weirdly they are paying more cashback on Brilliant Broadband ADSL2+ than their more expensive + not available here FTTC products but I assume they have managed to get a really cheap deal from BT Openreach or Wholesale) given that I have been paying the Cinderella division of BT (AKA Plusnet) a ridiculous £33 a month for the same 16Mbps ADSL2+ broadband and no calls at all. Now for the next year its £10.08 a month and also includes unlimited Anytime Calls including mobiles. The thieving senior executive management (formerly referred to as Bar Stewards) at BT Retail want £15 a month just for Anytime Calls to landlines and mobiles (now that they have grudgingly finally deigned to treat calls to mobiles the same as to landline but more or less doubled the cost of their Anytime calls package as a result).

Oh also I'm at an address here served by an FTTP cable but that means my only choices are either ADSL2+ on various 12 or 18 month contracts or even a 1 month contract (Now Tv but not as good a deal as the 12 month and their cancellation charges are totally piddly rather than bankruptcy inducing as thieving BT's are).

Anyway I could have had BT Fibre 900 at £59.99 a month but if I wanted the Anytime Calls then it was £74.99 a month. Admittedly there was Full Fibre 50Mbps at £27.99 per month but the lack of any inclusive calls at all and the 2 year contract are complete killers. Can't think how many customers BT must lose to rivals over the stupid 2 year contract. Also their cancellation charges are completely horrendous and include not just the future line rental due at the point you cancel (imagine how much that is 3 months in to 24 months at £59.99 per month) but also paying back the discount on their higher out of contract prices for all these services during the months you have already had. I am a speed freak as such re cars and broadband etc but I am also very penny wise and £10 a month vs £75 per month is too much to pay just to download a few files quicker in the background. As 16Mbps is enough to stream any content live there isn't any actual a real need for 900Mbps unless you are a professional film or video editor pushing massive files around the place all the time. Yes 900 Mbos is nice to have but worth more than £39.99 a month to me and I would expect to get Anytime calls on top for no more than £5 per month given that this is the going rate on a 1 month SIM only mobile contract that also include unlimited texts and usually 500Mb of data.

The cashback was only the same £100 with BT as for Now Tv Brilliant Broadband but the total committed outlay with Now Tv is £121 but with BT on FIbre 900 and Anytime Calls it would be £1800 over the 24 month contract.

So yes while I like nice speedy internet connections there comes a point when it costs too much and is not value for money.

Also its worth noting that with Now Tv if I totally forget at one year in the line rental and broadband is still only £23 compared to just over £33 with Plusnet for exactly the same thing.

As I just had an ADSL2+ modem break (can get another one for £5 to 10 on Ebay) I have been trying out GiffGaff on an 80Mb data plan at £20 per month with unlimited calls and texts rather than my usual 7Gb for £10 a month. However I have had my landline number for ages and don't really want to give up the landline yet and landline call quality is loads better than mobile. During COVID-19 I also keep getting GiffGaff calls on 3G or 4G dropping after 5 or 10 minutes at busy times of day as the local rural cell mast is overloaded (by people making calls working from home) although this didn't happen before Lockdown and O2 is the best of a bad bunch here out in th straw chewing rural wilds.

So BT can stuff it with their totally excessive prices (especially for Anytime Calls) for FTTP and their 24 month contract and their expensive fibre cable will go unused for another year or two until they stop being so greedy.
Zzzzzzzzzzz
joyf453626/05/2020 19:25

Zzzzzzzzzzz

I believe they write a couple of newspapers you may perhaps like that only use short words and sentences. They are called The Sun and The Daily Star.
Price may change during contract in bold...something to think about.
Capvermell26/05/2020 19:30

I believe they write a couple of newspapers you may perhaps like that only …I believe they write a couple of newspapers you may perhaps like that only use short words and sentences. They are called The Sun and The Daily Star.

Prefer War and Peace myself - it's shorter than this claptrap
Gohan12326/05/2020 19:47

Price may change during contract in bold...something to think about.

Allowing the right to terminate early without penalty, which may be convenient if a deal as good as this is ever run on any of the cheaper FTTP packages. Anyhow Now Broadband have been running these prices for ages so I think its highly unlikely. I'm sure they also offset the cheap broadband against the money they make on the demand tv stuff that they sell though the connection.
joyf453626/05/2020 19:47

Prefer War and Peace myself - it's shorter than this claptrap

A former boss of mine was known to refer to some of my emails as being like reading War & Peace...................
Capvermell26/05/2020 20:17

Allowing the right to terminate early without penalty, which may be …Allowing the right to terminate early without penalty, which may be convenient if a deal as good as this is ever run on any of the cheaper FTTP packages. Anyhow Now Broadband have been running these prices for ages so I think its highly unlikely. I'm sure they also offset the cheap broadband against the money they make on the demand tv stuff that they sell though the connection.

Don't know what your on....
Gohan12326/05/2020 20:43

Don't know what your on....

It seems you suffered from keyboard fade and didn't have the energy to type about. May be you are a text speak only kind of person?

Anyway I'm on about the fact that if Now Tv increase the price within the 12 months contract it entitles me to move elsewhere without paying any cancellation charges for early termination. So won't be that bad if they did decide to put up the prices during the contract.

However NowTv broadband has had these prices for several years and the only thing that seems to come and go is the £100 Quidco cashback deal for joining them as a new customer on Brilliant Broadband (AKA ADSL2+ as I have no FTTC in this area due to it being an FTTP exchange).

So anyway as a new customer with the £60 new customer discount on the broadband and line rental and the £96 new customer discount on the Anytime calls plus the £100 cashback this means I'm receiving a £256 discount on a normal annual cost of £372 so a first year discount of 68.8% or more than two thirds. But even their out of contract price at £23 per month is much cheaper than the £33 a month charged by most other rival on ADSL2+ out of contract.

Hopefully by next year NowTv/Sky and/or TalkTalk may actually get round to offering FTTP and at considerably better prices than BT Retail at which point I may consider moving on to that, especially as I won't get the Now Tv ADSL2+ £100 new customer cashback again..............
Post a comment
@
    Text