Sim will only be used to watch Netflix and so
Is this a good deal
Also it’s sim only monthly contract
Any advice appreciated
Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
There will be certainly a fair use policy in the terms what "unlimited" means and probably some wording that does not allow streaming. Long story short, there is a good chance that they kick you out for excessive use.
Edited by: "Buckyball" 23rd Nov
It is a good price if you have a good signal & speed on Three.

This and Smarty are comparable, as they both are Three owned networks.

Should be fine in any device as a hotspot (cheap back of the drawer phone, or low cost SIMO handset from Asda/CeX etc)

Month to month billing gives no commitment so you can move if speeds or pricing improve on other networks.

Fair use policy is around 1Tb but if you can justify non business use, which Netflix should be easy to justify then you shouldn't have a problem. Same policy across all of Three network for route traffic management.
If your going to use that as your internet I would put it in a dongle because if your personal hotspot from your phone to your tv , computer etc. Your phone battery will drain very quickly and it is a bit annoying doing this.
Edited by: "Kamran_Hussain" 23rd Nov
People are saying the voxi sim, can't add up data so they are unlimited and only a 30 day contract so would be perfect for you as a short term solution.... I have no idea if true so do t take as gospel
Kamran_Hussain23/11/2019 09:46

If your going to use that as your internet I would put it in a dongle …If your going to use that as your internet I would put it in a dongle because if your personal hotspot from your phone to your tv , computer etc. Your phone battery will drain very quickly and it is a bit annoying doing this.

I would keep the SIM in an Android handset and tether the phone to a standard router via USB. This effectively provides a bb service with the usual wifi coverage and ethernet capability that would typically be obtained from any wired bb solution. Can likely re-purpose a previous ISP's router for this task, or throw say £10+ at an ebay item that can be configured to provide additional services such as integral / selectable / filtered VPN; example: most Asus routers have USB tether & VPN config options. Plus the USB tether also powers the phone, and you can still use the phone for calls, texts, etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants