unlock code for Samsung s7

Please can someone advise me. I bought a payg handset from the recent 02 deal but can't unlock it unless I use a third party
Any ideas ? Also I don't want to invalidate my warranty
I didn't do refresh deal cause of negative comments about credit rating etc

11 Comments

EBay probably your best bet

Use ebay..unlocked many samsung s7's using it

Original Poster

Will it invalidate the 12 month warranty ?

Original Poster

My friend has a pay monthly account can I lock via her account or will 02 recognise it's a payg handset ? Sorry I'm not very good with these things

shanraja

My friend has a pay monthly account can I lock via her account or will 02 … My friend has a pay monthly account can I lock via her account or will 02 recognise it's a payg handset ? Sorry I'm not very good with these things

No,Yes and also the device would have to be listed on her contract. Also no will not invalidate sim lock/unlock has nothing to do with warranty unless it was removed by unlocking the bootloader and flashing rom. Remote unlock codes from ebay etc will not use this method.

I thought I read somewhere on here the other day you just ring who ever the phones locked with and they unlock it for free under new laws?

Toon_army

I thought I read somewhere on here the other day you just ring who ever … I thought I read somewhere on here the other day you just ring who ever the phones locked with and they unlock it for free under new laws?

Just read that article myself. Not until next April and also only contract not PAYG. Mind you I previously thought every operator did anyhow for free out of contract, O2 and Orange (back in the days) always did for myself.

cecilmcroberts

Just read that article myself. Not until next April and also only … Just read that article myself. Not until next April and also only contract not PAYG. Mind you I previously thought every operator did anyhow for free out of contract, O2 and Orange (back in the days) always did for myself.

I always thought from day one what was the point in locking a phone, I understand they only want you to use there network but its a bit sly of them. Ah so it's next year, my bad! And only contract! What a joke eh

shanraja

Will it invalidate the 12 month warranty ?

no.

Toon_army

I always thought from day one what was the point in locking a phone, I … I always thought from day one what was the point in locking a phone, I understand they only want you to use there network but its a bit sly of them. Ah so it's next year, my bad! And only contract! What a joke eh

Not really, they usually subsidize the mobiles in the hope that you spend money on their network. If they didn't lock them then the prices might be considerably higher.!

Have a look at this - posted 2 days ago. If this is not relevant then just ignore it.

hotukdeals.com/fre…031
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?913
    2. Bed pillow recommendations79
    3. Referbed MACBOOK- thoughts?!11
    4. Tenant rights for failing agreement to replace carpets1018

See more discussions