Unlock iPhone 7 on Vodafone pay as you go

Found 20th Apr 2017
hi, i have recently bought a iPhone 7 from third party who bought it from Vodafone pay as you go. I have used it for the last 30 days on my Vodafone sim card that i also use. The unlock request i put in rejected saying i should have £20 credit which they will charge for the unlock code - does not say anywhere on their website about this - is this even allowed ?
Community Updates
5 Comments

According to their own support page they won't charge you.

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/38947782/How-much-does-it-cost-to-unlock-your-phone.htm If you’re a Pay monthly customer, a Pay as you go customer, or a small business customer (1-10 connections), we won’t charge you for a network unlock code (NUC).

it should be free. pay as you go customers that have used the sim card in the phone for 30 days or more and pay no they customers after 3 months. are you using the link Vodafone.co.uk/nuc?
Original Poster
kidd_klm

it should be free. pay as you go customers that have used the sim card in … it should be free. pay as you go customers that have used the sim card in the phone for 30 days or more and pay no they customers after 3 months. are you using the link Vodafone.co.uk/nuc?

Yes I am using that link -> i'm surprised where the £20 has come from
From working there in the past they normally unlock phones over a year old for free before then and especially with iphones they will charge £20. Also unless you have a receipt for proof it was bought on pay as you go I would never believe someone who says it was bought on pay as go... it will be a contract one
Think it's due to being an iphone 7 and you're not on a full contract.
IPhone 6 and under and you're good to go.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions