Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Unlock Iphone From ID Mobile

Posted 11th Aug 2016
After a bit of advice if poss. My iPhone contract with ID Mobile expires next month, so I phoned up to either cancel it or go for one of their SIM only deals. I asked them to unlock it to any network and they said they can do this but it will take six months from today. I then asked them to change my contract to a SIM only deal and they said that this isn't possible - in order to do this I have to cancel my contract and then take out a completely new one with them. So I asked to cancel my contract and they gave me a PAC code, which I need to use to keep my number. However, they said if I take out another contract with them I can't use the PAC code, and that I will have to have a new telephone number, which I really don't want to do as I've had the same number for 15 years. So now I'm in a situation where I can't move to a different provider because my phone is locked to them, and if I want to keep the same number I have to keep paying them £37 a month for the next six months until they have unlocked my phone. Anybody else come up against anything similar? Is there any other way I can get my phone unlocked? Sorry for drivelling on and possibly making little or no sense, I'm just feeling quite frustrated after just having spoken to them!
Community Updates
Ask
32 Comments
Post a comment