Unlock iPhone on Vodafone ?

Found 16th Dec 2017
Hi,

I have just purchased an iPhone 6 from a friend and the device is locked to Vodafone.

Does anyone know of a way to get this unlocked? - I see the original owner can do this via Vodafone, but this isn't possible at the moment (until after Christmas) and I am wanting to give it as a Christmas present.

Does anyone have any other suggestions ?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskApple
13 Comments
eBay trusted sellers do this cheap used eBay a few times for unlocking
deleted1597344
As far as I’m aware (and I may be wrong) only the originating carrier can unlock an iPhone that is network locked.
You can unlock it for free if you use it on Vodafone for 30 days, Then you can request Vodafone unlock it.

Third party unlocks are risky and likely to be extremely expensive.

They can only be unlocked by accessing Apple servers, Only special people have access.

Why can't your friend do it?

Could you not do it on there behalf?, You only need there Vodafone number.

Assuming they used it for more than 30 days?.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 16th Dec 2017
Very easy to do, either get your friends mobile number or use it yourself on vodafone for 30 days. Done this myself receently and worked fine.

If your try unlock less than 30 days it will ask you to try again after 30 days
Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies. My friend is away until after Christmas and cannot be contacted so it would have to be by other means. I'll look into the options mentioned and investigate further.
darall17093 h, 25 m ago

eBay trusted sellers do this cheap used eBay a few times for unlocking

No they don't, I got ripped off last christmas. The rules have changed at Vodafone. You need to get a sim and use it for 2 months then you can request to unlock it. Look on their website or call into on of their branches for the details.
happymanuk27 m ago

Thanks for all the replies. My friend is away until after Christmas and …Thanks for all the replies. My friend is away until after Christmas and cannot be contacted so it would have to be by other means. I'll look into the options mentioned and investigate further.

No one can unlock your phone except Vodafone.
.MUFC.3 h, 9 m ago

You can unlock it for free if you use it on Vodafone for 30 days, Then you …You can unlock it for free if you use it on Vodafone for 30 days, Then you can request Vodafone unlock it.Third party unlocks are risky and likely to be extremely expensive.They can only be unlocked by accessing Apple servers, Only special people have access.Why can't your friend do it?Could you not do it on there behalf?, You only need there Vodafone number.Assuming they used it for more than 30 days?.

I was told the 30 day rule doesn't apply now, its 2 months.
summerof762 m ago

I was told the 30 day rule doesn't apply now, its 2 months.

Click link it just states "over 30 days".
.MUFC.8 m ago

Click link it just states "over 30 days".

My son must have been fibbing Thanks for the update
summerof762 m ago

My son must have been fibbing Thanks for the update

Welcome, I've unlocked several Vodafone mobiles with out too many issues. Usually within a few hours too! Using online form.
.MUFC.10 m ago

Welcome, I've unlocked several Vodafone mobiles with out too many issues. …Welcome, I've unlocked several Vodafone mobiles with out too many issues. Usually within a few hours too! Using online form.

Tried to unlock an old iphone 5 last christmas, nearly got ripped off for £35 form ebay. I went to a market stall and the guy said it would cost £25 to unlock and if they couldn't unlock it I would get my money back which I did. The stall owner told me that only Vodafone could unlock my phone. Will try again to get it unlocked for my son
summerof7613 m ago

Tried to unlock an old iphone 5 last christmas, nearly got ripped off for …Tried to unlock an old iphone 5 last christmas, nearly got ripped off for £35 form ebay. I went to a market stall and the guy said it would cost £25 to unlock and if they couldn't unlock it I would get my money back which I did. The stall owner told me that only Vodafone could unlock my phone. Will try again to get it unlocked for my son

That's pretty much it, only privileged companies have access to apple servers. Some traders probably know someone who perhaps works at Vodafone or other networks etc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants