Groups

Unlock N96

Hi.. I swapped my iPhone for an N96 as it is more practical and is the option that makes sense.

Can anyone point me in the direction of getting the N96 unlocked..

It is surely easier than unlocking the iPhone.

All help is much appreciated and i will add rep.. Sorry if i keep asking too many questions but i need to be 100% sure

31 Comments

Original Poster

Anyone with any info?

Can do it via post FOC theres free s/w but its a killer or take it to your local shop £15 to £20

spitroast

Original Poster

spit roast;5172431

Can do it via post FOC theres free s/w but its a killer or take it to … Can do it via post FOC theres free s/w but its a killer or take it to your local shop £15 to £20spitroast

Re word please mate :? :? lol

399out;5172466

Re word please mate :? :? lol

Theres free s/w out there but its a SL2 killer! can do it FOC just pay for return postage

spitroast

Rather spend 20 then post

Original Poster

spit roast;5172479

Theres free s/w out there but its a SL2 killer! can do it FOC just pay … Theres free s/w out there but its a SL2 killer! can do it FOC just pay for return postagespitroast

I still aint got a clue what ur on about mate. Im completely new to this, i dont understand FOC or SL2 killer? :?

strike;5172492

I was gonna take it into a mobile shop.. like a third party dealer

strike;5172492

And what do you mean by that!

spitroast

399out;5172549

I still aint got a clue what ur on about mate. Im completely new to this, … I still aint got a clue what ur on about mate. Im completely new to this, i dont understand FOC or SL2 killer? :?I was gonna take it into a mobile shop.. like a third party dealer

free of charge

spitroast

Banned

I think you'll find the shops just chip the sim. not sure it can be unlocked other than out of contract from the dealer

sculpturatus;5172579

I think you'll find the shops just chip the sim. not sure it can be … I think you'll find the shops just chip the sim. not sure it can be unlocked other than out of contract from the dealer

Wroung can be unlocked

spitroast

Original Poster

spit roast;5172591

Wroung can be unlockedspitroast

Are you saying i post it to you to unlock?

check the phone first

if it's a branded Orange phone then it's locked. If it's not an orange branded one chances are it's already unlocked. Try another sim in it to see.

Original Poster

dontasciime;5172621

check the phone firstif it's a branded Orange phone then it's locked. If … check the phone firstif it's a branded Orange phone then it's locked. If it's not an orange branded one chances are it's already unlocked. Try another sim in it to see.

I have just tried my orange sim card inside and it is working!!

So no need to unlock the phone!

PLUS REP MATE! seems obvious but cant believe i didnt try that earlier :-D

Banned

spit roast;5172591

Wroung can be unlockedspitroast

I didn't say it cant be unlocked, read my post very carefully again. Do it slowly the old two brain cells might kick in and start working this time :roll:

399out;5172663

I have just tried my orange sim card inside and it is working!! So no … I have just tried my orange sim card inside and it is working!! So no need to unlock the phone!PLUS REP MATE! seems obvious but cant believe i didnt try that earlier :-D

try an o2 simcard as well -if it works it's sim free.

Original Poster

dontasciime;5172826

try an o2 simcard as well -if it works it's sim free.

I got it from the 02 store.. an 02 sim works..

:-D

Ive saved some money there haha..

Anyone know how to get the iplayer app?

Original Poster

dontasciime;5172890

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2008/09/bbc_iplayer_on_nokia_n96_mobil.html

Thanks a lot for everything mate.. have u got an n96?

399out;5172897

Thanks a lot for everything mate.. have u got an n96?

No I decided to not get one as they have slower CPU than all of my n95's.

If I find one cheap enough I might get one but really I got too many phones already and only 1 friend :lol

Original Poster

dontasciime;5172955

No I decided to not get one as they have slower CPU than all of my … No I decided to not get one as they have slower CPU than all of my n95's.If I find one cheap enough I might get one but really I got too many phones already and only 1 friend :lol

Haha, i just got the n96 today and have noticed it is kinda slow. Ah well i dont think it will bother me too much

399out;5172959

Haha, i just got the n96 today and have noticed it is kinda slow. Ah well … Haha, i just got the n96 today and have noticed it is kinda slow. Ah well i dont think it will bother me too much

maybe update firmware and only install stuff to memory card rather than phones internal memory (not sure I mean the 16gb though) maybe stick a mem card in as well and run/install stuff from that. be sure to exit apps properly hold left square button in to see whats running well the equivalent button on n96 left of middle navi

Original Poster

dontasciime;5173003

maybe update firmware and only install stuff to memory card rather than … maybe update firmware and only install stuff to memory card rather than phones internal memory (not sure I mean the 16gb though) maybe stick a mem card in as well and run/install stuff from that. be sure to exit apps properly hold left square button in to see whats running well the equivalent button on n96 left of middle navi

Ye i have been exiting all the apps once ive finished.. and i dunno about the memory card. I mean 16GB is enough and i dont really want to spend anymore money to save a few seconds lol

399out;5173026

Ye i have been exiting all the apps once ive finished.. and i dunno about … Ye i have been exiting all the apps once ive finished.. and i dunno about the memory card. I mean 16GB is enough and i dont really want to spend anymore money to save a few seconds lol

transflash cards are so cheap though it's rude not have a 2 gig one or even 4:lol

handy as well

Original Poster

dontasciime;5173043

transflash cards are so cheap though it's rude not have a 2 gig one or … transflash cards are so cheap though it's rude not have a 2 gig one or even 4:lolhandy as well

Il have a think lol ..

Anything cool that i should be aware of with the n96

399out;5173050

Il have a think lol ..Anything cool that i should be aware of with the … Il have a think lol ..Anything cool that i should be aware of with the n96

accelerometer sensors might be enabled out of the box with the n96 --- n95 had them hidden in firmware . like ipod tilt mechanism for landscape portrait etc.

turn off wifi scanning and bluetooth when not in use --- they kill the battery.

search google for some symbian forums to look for cool apps

Original Poster

dontasciime;5173104

accelerometer sensors might be enabled out of the box with the n96 --- … accelerometer sensors might be enabled out of the box with the n96 --- n95 had them hidden in firmware . like ipod tilt mechanism for landscape portrait etc.turn off wifi scanning and bluetooth when not in use --- they kill the battery.search google for some symbian forums to look for cool apps

Cheers mate.. how long did u charge ure n95 for the first time u charged it?

399out;5173121

Cheers mate.. how long did u charge ure n95 for the first time u charged … Cheers mate.. how long did u charge ure n95 for the first time u charged it?

a few hours till it beeped at least (i think)

Original Poster

dontasciime;5173133

a few hours till it beeped at least (i think)

It has just beeped... but i think im going to leave it for a while..

I usually charge the first charge for over 12 hours

399out;5173176

It has just beeped... but i think im going to leave it for a while..I … It has just beeped... but i think im going to leave it for a while..I usually charge the first charge for over 12 hours

I used to do that to get optimum and discharge but gave up when really did not notice any difference in battery life

charging circuit once beeps are heard really should be off.

Original Poster

dontasciime;5173230

I used to do that to get optimum and discharge but gave up when really … I used to do that to get optimum and discharge but gave up when really did not notice any difference in battery lifecharging circuit once beeps are heard really should be off.

Hmm.. cheers for all your help mate. Ive left some rep :thumbsup:

399out;5173247

Hmm.. cheers for all your help mate. Ive left some rep :thumbsup:

You're welcome and have fun with your mobile find lots of free wifi spots with no WEP.

take out GPRS internet access settings from sim card providers (settings that they may send you or are already stored in phone under access points)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764263
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846184
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31147
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio913

See more discussions