Expired

Unlock Samsung galaxy s3 GT-I9305

Found 14th Sep 2014
Hi

I have got a contract phone from T-mobile/EE which is locked with their network. I asked T-mobile to unlock it but they are asking £35 for that. Even after contract ends, I will have to pay that for unlocking it.

Is there any other way to unlock this phone as £35 looks too much for it. Any free way or cheap way to do it?

Phone details: Samsung galaxy s3 GT - I9305 (it's not the regular s3, it's the 4g ready or LTE one).

Any suggestions or guidance will be helpful.

I have seen few on eBay charging between £10-20 but I really want something under £5.

Regards,

G33H1

17 Comments

Original Poster

I have done all possible DIYs. None worked. Mine is Android 4.3 and all of the googled DIYs work on 4.1.1 or below.

sorry didnt read the full question. but those are decent prices. few locals charge upto £20 dont think you will get better than that.

You can either pay or loose all your data by resetting the phone via odin and flashing a 4.1.1 jellybean. Then using the trick then upgrading

Original Poster

freeloader2

sorry didnt read the full question. but those are decent prices. few … sorry didnt read the full question. but those are decent prices. few locals charge upto £20 dont think you will get better than that.

Not a problem. Thank you for looking. I did check in local stores, they do charge £20. I am still in hope to find in cheaper. Found one

ebay.co.uk/itm…AIT

but don't know if it's legit and will work. Have left message for seller asking what he is selling, a code or something else.

Original Poster

oliverkennedy10

You can either pay or loose all your data by resetting the phone via odin … You can either pay or loose all your data by resetting the phone via odin and flashing a 4.1.1 jellybean. Then using the trick then upgrading

I am still in contract so rooting is not an option for me.

g33h1

I am still in contract so rooting is not an option for me.

It doesn't require rooting u just put your phone in download mode and add the required files to odin then flash. Then once you've done that do the thing to unlock your phone then update to 4.4

Original Poster

oliverkennedy10

It doesn't require rooting u just put your phone in download mode and add … It doesn't require rooting u just put your phone in download mode and add the required files to odin then flash. Then once you've done that do the thing to unlock your phone then update to 4.4

You are suggesting, I can downgrade it to 4.1, unlock and upgrade to 4.4 then still phone is as it should be without causing any issue with the contract (i.e. if there is any problem in the phone and I have to ask them to repair, it will not breach contract term that I messed up with the phone myself?)?

Is it true and doable?

If yes, please tell me how I can do it oO

g33h1

You are suggesting, I can downgrade it to 4.1, unlock and upgrade to 4.4 … You are suggesting, I can downgrade it to 4.1, unlock and upgrade to 4.4 then still phone is as it should be without causing any issue with the contract (i.e. if there is any problem in the phone and I have to ask them to repair, it will not breach contract term that I messed up with the phone myself?)?Is it true and doable?If yes, please tell me how I can do it oO

Yes it's true.

You have to download the correct 4.1 jellybean update for your phone and install it via the odin tool you can Google how to use odin to flash sg5

Then you do the thing that unlocks your phone and then you update to the lasteat firmware.

Just make sure that you reset download counter once you've finished

Original Poster

oliverkennedy10

Yes it's true.You have to download the correct 4.1 jellybean update for … Yes it's true.You have to download the correct 4.1 jellybean update for your phone and install it via the odin tool you can Google how to use odin to flash sg5Then you do the thing that unlocks your phone and then you update to the lasteat firmware.Just make sure that you reset download counter once you've finished

I will search and do it. Will keep you posted. Please share any guide if you have or can find to follow. Thanks

Original Poster

oliverkennedy10

Yes it's true.You have to download the correct 4.1 jellybean update for … Yes it's true.You have to download the correct 4.1 jellybean update for your phone and install it via the odin tool you can Google how to use odin to flash sg5Then you do the thing that unlocks your phone and then you update to the lasteat firmware.Just make sure that you reset download counter once you've finished

I searched and found that it will root my phone. I decided to go for code instead. But, thank you so much for guidance and help.

g33h1

I searched and found that it will root my phone. I decided to go for code … I searched and found that it will root my phone. I decided to go for code instead. But, thank you so much for guidance and help.

Flashing the official 4.1 through odin won't void anything.

Original Poster

rev6

Flashing the official 4.1 through odin won't void anything.

I might try one out of contract to check this.

Any updates on this g33h1? I'm in the same position with 4.3 and would prefer a cheap unlock code instead of flashing 4.1

Original Poster

Civilised Maniac

Any updates on this g33h1? I'm in the same position with 4.3 and would … Any updates on this g33h1? I'm in the same position with 4.3 and would prefer a cheap unlock code instead of flashing 4.1

I used ebay for this. I bought the code from complete_comms_solutions.

g33h1

I used ebay for this. I bought the code from complete_comms_solutions.

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions