Unlock your iphone 3g for free, no need to pay for any unlocking fees

24 replies
Found 13th Jan 2009
walyou.com/blo…0w/
good luck!

not sure if this is allowied here but...for all you guys...paying for your simlock....nice post!!

admin, this is not my own site, I benefitted from this and I thought others should as well.

23 Comments

you cant make outgoing calls at tims and signal problems arise. avoid this

Banned

breeville;4047048

Dont make calls from Tims then, make them from one of your other mates.....:roll:

copthis1;4047122

Dont make calls from Tims then, make them from one of your other … Dont make calls from Tims then, make them from one of your other mates.....:roll:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH FUNNNNNNNNNNY

This software was very easy to use. I went for this option when the turbo sim I bought couldn't get a signal after updating to firmware 2.2.
I am now using a 3 SIM and have had no signal loss at all. Recomended but be carefull.

Just wondering, is this reversible? Say something happens to the phone and you need to return it for repair I'm guessing it voids your warranty? I know you can restore your phone after jailbreaking it so its default factory settings but would restoring lock the phone back to the original network?

this is safe you just restore your iphone through itunes and it reverts it back to original settings removing unlock and the jailbreak. I'm pretty sure you can't brick an iphone. I don't need to do this cause I'm happy with o2 but know folk who have used yellowsnow and it works fine.

Awesome its handy to know! Same here though I can't see me ever going with anyone other than o2 as the free internet, and other bolt ons are too good. My phones jailbroken and I've had to restore a few times without any problems, so even if it doesn't work very well its deffo worth a try =]

I have a unlocked/jail broken iphone 1st gen. I'm on orange payg, is there any way for me to get internet over phone (tried settings I've seen posted before with no luck or do I have to change my plan)? If not how about other providers that would work? I use it as a phone vely seldomly and payg.

cartman1982;4047246

this is safe you just restore your iphone through itunes and it reverts … this is safe you just restore your iphone through itunes and it reverts it back to original settings removing unlock and the jailbreak. I'm pretty sure you can't brick an iphone. I don't need to do this cause I'm happy with o2 but know folk who have used yellowsnow and it works fine.

Of course you can brick an iPhone
tinyurl.com/8cmmjl

simonbrowne;4047336

I have a unlocked/jail broken iphone 1st gen. I'm on orange payg, is … I have a unlocked/jail broken iphone 1st gen. I'm on orange payg, is there any way for me to get internet over phone (tried settings I've seen posted before with no luck or do I have to change my plan)? If not how about other providers that would work? I use it as a phone vely seldomly and payg.

Randomly googled, try setting these in the settings
APN: orangeinternet
Username: user
Password: pass

The internet works fine on the phone I have unlocked on the 3 network. You need an inclusive internet package and you will also have to set up your APN details. Just do a google for Orange APN Iphone, etc. You find the APN setting in your iPhone by navigating to Settings, General, Network, Cellular Data Network. It's a very easy fix.

Thank for your help I've now got it working, which i never thought i would. Being 1st gen its as fast as a granny going up a steep hill. Pages with graphics taking 30 to 60 seconds to load and not sure what i'm being charged but sure it will come in very handy. Thanks.

reviewz;4047375

Of course you can brick an iPhonehttp://tinyurl.com/8cmmjl

did you read the dates of the searches that came up? all 2007 and for original iphone.
I've never heard of anyone bricking a 3g iphone and as the iphone is now pay as you go and can be bought on other providers from other countries I don't see apple remotely bricking your phone.
When i first jailbroke my phone i installed wrong firmware version somehow and thought this had knackered it but i restored through i tunes and all was fine.

Following on from my last post did a bit of browsing and found it to be extreamly expensive. Not sure if i got charged £1 per time i went on it but over 10 minutes of testing (starting safari a few times etc) it i was £8 worse off on credit.Gulp

simonbrowne;4047638

Following on from my last post did a bit of browsing and found it to be … Following on from my last post did a bit of browsing and found it to be extreamly expensive. Not sure if i got charged £1 per time i went on it but over 10 minutes of testing (starting safari a few times etc) it i was £8 worse off on credit.Gulp

Ouch! bet that hurt :oops:. Most providers normaly have a browsing cap per day that they charge you.
Also if you have trouble with that guide here's another tutorial. iphonedownloadblog.com/200…al/

You need to get yourself an internet add on. I pay 3 UK a fiver a month for their top package which is ample. I would assume that Orange do something similar.
It would be a shame to have your iPhone and not be able to use all of its funtions due to the cost.

Quote:
'8. Now your iPhone 3G is unlocked after switching it on and ready to use the Sim you selected.
However, many people have reported that the unlocking doesn’t happen and only about 34% of those who tried reported any success. So, make sure you are well prepared for the results and do not be aghast if something went wrong. This we say, because it is still in beta stage.'

Looks good this.

I reckon the best PAYG sim card is the ASDA mobile one.
20p per MB for internet, using the vodafone network, with all calls 8p/ min and SMS at 4p each. (from memory)

I use it on my 2G iphone, and its great.

Only downside is there is no option to track your data usage or call costs, except to check your credit and do the subtraction.

How about you all go to [url]www.yellowsn0w.net[/url] instead of this! I would suggest waiting until its officially been released as working as its only beta at the moment! Its went from versions 0.9.1 and its now on 0.9.6 and its working perfectly for me now!

breeville;4047048

This works perfectly! I had never jailbroken or unlocked a 3g iphone before i tried this. It is a simple reversible procedure which if you bothered reading any related forums you would find out. At the moment it is Beta software so its at your own risk, but read the instructions and the forums before you try and i don`t think there would be any problems. I used the instructions on the Dev-teams blog. :thumbsup:

Here a more easier step by step instructions and video: ]http//ww…538

Enable Emotions on iPhone: ]http//ww…331
http://www.iclarified.com/images/tutorials/2331/9726/9726.png

gram333uk;4047868

How about you all go to [url]www.yellowsn0w.net[/url] instead of this! I … How about you all go to [url]www.yellowsn0w.net[/url] instead of this! I would suggest waiting until its officially been released as working as its only beta at the moment! Its went from versions 0.9.1 and its now on 0.9.6 and its working perfectly for me now!

:thumbsup: This is the way to go guys .. a week Now .works perfectly on my Orange contract sim . makes and recieves calls , sms ,and Orangeworld Internet rocks ... cant go wrong with this one .... youtube step by step videos are available and u do not have to be a tech guy to do it ,i mean if i can do it anyone can ... it s a beta version but who cares as long as it works fine ..

thanks for all your help everyone. orange is really expensive if you just go out and use it. You can get what they call extra package where you can browse for a day it seems for £1 (have to look a bit deeper though) www1.orange.co.uk/ser…tml
Will see what other plans are available on other networks, so if anyone has good deals on payg ley me know.
so far
"ASDA mobile one.20p per MB for internet, using the vodafone network"
"Orange £1 per day once you text world 1 to 6620 (valid for a day dont know if 24 hours or till 12 at night"
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3386
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769486
    3. Wow apple you really are bad1521
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226647

See more discussions