Groups

Unlocking 3g Iphone.

My brother in law has had an ipone since they lauched, with 02. He has now upgraded and has offered me the phone.

Can i unlock this to orange as im still in contract? If so can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any help offered.

11 Comments

Do you have a 3g sim currently?
    The iphone can be unlocked no problem, but you need the right sim.

Yes, ask him to request for it to be unlocked via the O2 website... If he has a contract with the, they will do it for free. If not then it will be £15.

But will work with Orange fine once it's done by them.

Yes you can unlock to orange, it's not too hard if your computer minded.

Check out the guides on -modmyi.com-

Original Poster

Babbabooey;8183427

Do you have a 3g sim currently?The iphone can be unlocked no problem, but … Do you have a 3g sim currently?The iphone can be unlocked no problem, but you need the right sim.

No im on just a basic orange contract. Even though hes giving me the phone I dont think ill make use off it. I wont use it for downloading anything and wont use it for web browsing.

leecroot;8183462

No im on just a basic orange contract. Even though hes giving me the … No im on just a basic orange contract. Even though hes giving me the phone I dont think ill make use off it. I wont use it for downloading anything and wont use it for web browsing.

Let me have it then.. I'll make good use of it!! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

mosskeeto;8183513

Let me have it then.. I'll make good use of it!! :thumbsup:

I was thinking off selling it, but my oh would only moan. Her brother has his own business, lives at home, no kids or girlfriend and has shed load off cash. He always gets the newest gadgets and passes them onto us when he has finished. He game me a psp wiht about 50 games and films that i have never used.

leecroot;8183622

I was thinking off selling it, but my oh would only moan. Her brother has … I was thinking off selling it, but my oh would only moan. Her brother has his own business, lives at home, no kids or girlfriend and has shed load off cash. He always gets the newest gadgets and passes them onto us when he has finished. He game me a psp wiht about 50 games and films that i have never used.

Blimey, will he adopt me! :-D

Original Poster

mosskeeto;8183924

Blimey, will he adopt me! :-D

Ha ha.Ill ask him next time I see him!

leecroot;8183968

Ha ha.Ill ask him next time I see him!

All joking aside... use iclarified.com/ent…880 to jailbreak but ask the guy you got it from to get it network unlocked as only the original user can do it with O2. Will cost £15 but worth it. If you do want to sell or swap let me know...

Original Poster

mosskeeto;8184166

All joking aside... use … All joking aside... use http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1880 to jailbreak but ask the guy you got it from to get it network unlocked as only the original user can do it with O2. Will cost £15 but worth it. If you do want to sell or swap let me know...

Cheers. What would it be worth? It will be in mint condition as he looks asfter things. Off to work now so will reply Wed afternoon. Thanks. Lee
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1536
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2589
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1220
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1219

See more discussions