Unlocking a Nokia 206

Found 2nd Feb 2014
Hi Guys
Bought one of these Nokia 206's for my partners mother who lives in Cyprus.
I want to unlock it from Tesco mobile to all networks so she can use it at home.
Struggling to find someone to unlock it.
The last quote i had was £10+ which seems expensive as its only a £20 phone!
Any ideas?
Iv tried local phone shops an ebay to no avail!
Thanks!
Community Updates
13 Comments
Code #pw+123456789012345+1# type in the following way:
1. Turn on the phone without sim card
2. Select character # on the keypad
3. Characters p, w, + get by choosing few times STAR *
4. Press # button to approve code
5. Message "SIM restriction OFF" appears, Your phone is now unlocked
Don't follow the above
Original Poster
That doesn't look correct Gordon, i don't know where you found that info from but i think my phone has to be unlocked using a unique code generated by its IMEI number.
adamck

That doesn't look correct Gordon, i don't know where you found that info … That doesn't look correct Gordon, i don't know where you found that info from but i think my phone has to be unlocked using a unique code generated by its IMEI number.

It does. The procedure above should be followed when you have that code and not #pw+123456789012345+1#
adamck

That doesn't look correct Gordon, i don't know where you found that info … That doesn't look correct Gordon, i don't know where you found that info from but i think my phone has to be unlocked using a unique code generated by its IMEI number.

Sorry - that's right - enter your own IMEI instead of 123456789012345
Gordonc1960

Sorry - that's right - enter your own IMEI instead of 123456789012345

Sorry but hopefully no one even attempts that as the instructions above are for when you have received your code which has been generated from your IMEI by whatever software hardware combo generates the subsidy unlock code. You then replace the 15 digit in the above example with the 15 digit you receive to remove lock/locks.

adamck

you had any luck with unlocking? I am in your situation now, Cant really find a unlocking site. Could you please tell me where you found a unlocking service.
Ditto here. Where was the site for 10 pounds? Any idea whom can generate the unlocking code?
Cheers
SnowRider

Ditto here. Where was the site for 10 pounds? Any idea whom can generate … Ditto here. Where was the site for 10 pounds? Any idea whom can generate the unlocking code? Cheers

Still couldn't find any, Thinking of going to manual unlocking shops in high street. or else Tesco unlock will cost 20£.
Same here , the shop in the street are not even able to unlock it... The mind boggle, they get into an Iphone but the cheap Nokia is apparently a tough one to get? Odd.
I went everywhere no luck, they all say its not possible or it'll be 10 days and 40 pounds and that at 20 pounds tesco was the best. Amazing aye! They can unlock the Iphones but not the cheap Nokia. Odd...
I returned the phone and got a dual sim from ebay for the same price as the combined tesco phone+ the unlocking code fees.
I've entered my security code,but it can't accept wat should I do?
samchikwa

I've entered my security code,but it can't accept wat should I do?

STOP!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants