Groups

Unlocking Blackberry Curve 9300 3G

Can anyone let me know if this is possible. How can I do it or does anyone know where I can take it to be done. I am moving to Hong Kong at the end of May and would like to use my Blackberry but my service provider does not work out there. Just been on a weeks visit and tried asking the people there if it could be unlocked but they all said it was difficult! Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

5 Comments

Yes, it can be done, very easily. Go on eBay and search "BlackBerry 9300 unlock code". Look at one of the 99p listings... used one of them to unlock my girlfriend's BB the other week - worked fine.

You need to send them your IMEI and another code (can't remember the name of it now..). They usually provide instructions on how to find the info you need to send them

Original Poster

Great! Thanks very much for the information. Will take a look now and let you know how I get on.

Original Poster

Forgive my naiveness but if I get the phone unlocked does that mean I will then be able to use a pre-paid sim card from Hong Kong in it?

kazzer67

Forgive my naiveness but if I get the phone unlocked does that mean I … Forgive my naiveness but if I get the phone unlocked does that mean I will then be able to use a pre-paid sim card from Hong Kong in it?

Yup, should work fine
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions