Unlocking Everything in Battlefront II Requires 4,528 hours or £1600

Found 15th Nov 2017
Worth thinking about if you are buying for a child for Xmas...don’t support these practices and avoid the game if you feel you can

Troopers

There are 17 cards for each of the 4 base troopers. This totals 68 cards and will require 32,640 crafting parts. This will require opening 653 loot crates which will require 950 hours of gameplay (238 hours for a single base trooper class).

Enforcers

The enforcer class type has 5 cards. Upgrading these requires 2,400 crafting parts. This will require opening 48 loot crates which will require 70 hours of gameplay.

Aerial

The aerial class type has 5 cards. Upgrading these requires 2,400 crafting parts. This will require opening 48 loot crates which will require 70 hours of gameplay.

Armor

The armor class type has 6 cards. Upgrading these will require 2,880 crafting parts. This will require opening 58 loot crates which will require 84 hours of gameplay.

Speeder

The speeder class 6 cards. Upgrading these will require 2,880 crafting parts. This will require opening 58 loot crates which will require 84 hours of gameplay.

Starfighters

Each of the three starfighter classes has 9 cards. This totals 27 cards which requires 12,960 crafting parts. This will require opening 260 loot crates which will require 378 hours of gameplay (126 hours for a single starfighter class).

Heroes

There are 14 infantry heroes with 9 cards and 9 starfighter heroes with 9 cards. This totals 207 cards. Upgrading these will require 99,360 crafting parts. This will require opening 1,988 loot crates and will require 2,892 hours of gameplay (126 hours for a single hero).

Grand Total

There is a grand total of 324 cards. Upgrading these will require a total of 155,520 crafting parts. This requires opening a grand total of 3,111 loot crates which will require 4,528 hours of gameplay.

Final cost in crystals

The 600 credits received from a hero crate is worth 27% the cost of a hero crate. This is equivalent to 30 crystals. To account for this, I reduced the cost of a hero crate from 110 crystals to 80 crystals. 12,000 crystals can be bought for $100.

Opening the required 3,111 loot crates requires 248,880 crystals. If you only purchase $100 crystal packs, this will cost $2,100.

Community Updates
Misc
51 Comments
deleted800342
Oh
Lol, I hope this is the wake up call it takes for the consumer.
As much as I love the new creed game it's riddled in things to buy.
Granted they are not needed but I dread to think the combined total to buy everything would be.
Then they did a timed event which lasted a week but you had to be level 40, crazy idea as I bet that only put people in a 10% bracket to do it.
It's rumoured that this was to push you to buy time savers items.

There was an online petition for the governent to look into loot boxes etc... As it falls into a form of gambling for children.
Edited by: "geebeegooner" 15th Nov 2017
i think fifa is the worst, there all bad, if i buy a game , i wanna play it as intended , if i wanna pay to play i stick with mobile games.

also apart from gta, all these driving games and most are one players, not 2 player multi local
I hope you pasted that from somewhere and didn't spend all night working it out?
Original Poster
If you played 16 hours a day, and got your daily 8 of sleep, you would only need to play for 9 and a half months straight to get all of it done.
There was a contraversy over this, so they changed the value of things to be cheaper... and changed the drop rate the exact amount so they did ultimately nothing but they're just insulting their audience by pretending they fixed it or listened to their complaints
Yeah didn't they alter all this?

Vader and others all locked and would take 1000 hours to unlock so they over halved the value.

It's worth noting in the single player Vader and all are already unlocked.
joanddan79 m ago

Yeah didn't they alter all this?Vader and others all locked and would take …Yeah didn't they alter all this?Vader and others all locked and would take 1000 hours to unlock so they over halved the value.It's worth noting in the single player Vader and all are already unlocked.

From what I have read, and I am by no means an authority on the subject, they reduced the 'cost' of Vader/Skywalker by 75%, but also reduced the amount of credits earned for finishing the campaign by 75%. Im not sure if they reduced the amount of credits earned through online gameplay though.
Edited by: "RossD89" 15th Nov 2017
The gaming industry amuses me.
On the PC side, so many games are now 'early access' meaning YOU pay THEM for testing their product.
Some games even release paid DLC whilst still in alpha/beta - a decent example is ARK.
Micro-transactions in games meaning that you may be able to choose to pay to win in some games.
With PC games, you can't even sell the game on after you are done with it.

If you recall, the (PC) gaming industry would often cite piracy as a reason for high prices, and yet there's this Denuvo DRM which as I understand it is one of the stronger copy protection methods out there and which prevented early piracy of games such as Total War: Warhammer (the first one anyway) for anything up to a good ten months. But did that cause the price of games to decrease? of course it didn't.

All of this means that the PC gaming industry wants to charge as much as they want, charge you for testing their product; charge you for in-game purchases; and progressively make it harder to pirate the games thus not really having any justification for their outrageous prices.
It’s the way they make money now.
Game trading and piracy always took from the developer. So they diversified and came up with ways to milk us.
Unfortunately there are people who spend £1,000s on games. One mobile game I’m doing FTP on just now. Would cost £91,000 to get a certain benefit. Can’t get there without spending cash either.
joanddan73 h, 2 m ago

Yeah didn't they alter all this?Vader and others all locked and would take …Yeah didn't they alter all this?Vader and others all locked and would take 1000 hours to unlock so they over halved the value.It's worth noting in the single player Vader and all are already unlocked.

Unfortunately, this number takes the 75% hero reduction into account. EA and Dice are doing the bare minimum to try to stop the PR nightmare they have without removing the lootcrates and changing the progression system to a normal game standard.

I’ve read that if you search #Gambling on twitter, EA and Disney are the top results. Disney must be screwing about being associated with that.
Surely no sane person could make it through 4500 hours? If they did I expect they would want to die by the end of it.
Oneday773 h, 25 m ago

It’s the way they make money now. Game trading and piracy always took from …It’s the way they make money now. Game trading and piracy always took from the developer. So they diversified and came up with ways to milk us. Unfortunately there are people who spend £1,000s on games. One mobile game I’m doing FTP on just now. Would cost £91,000 to get a certain benefit. Can’t get there without spending cash either.

Piracy is practically non-existent on modern consoles and I don't believe game trading had that greater real cost. That's a total cop out.

We need to stop making excuses for this kind of crap. I say this as someone who buys multiple copies of games I love to support decent developers. I'm not anti-developer, but this is just pure BS, designed to hurt dedicated people.
MSK.11 m ago

Surely no sane person could make it through 4500 hours? If they did I …Surely no sane person could make it through 4500 hours? If they did I expect they would want to die by the end of it.

I've done a lot more on other games
32441711-ize7S.jpg
MSK.8 m ago

Piracy is practically non-existent on modern consoles and I don't believe …Piracy is practically non-existent on modern consoles and I don't believe game trading had that greater real cost. That's a total cop out. We need to stop making excuses for this kind of crap. I say this as someone who buys multiple copies of games I love to support decent developers. I'm not anti-developer, but this is just pure BS, designed to hurt dedicated people.

Piracy is not as prevalent as it used to be. Also trading has seen a sharp decline, look at what’s left on the high street. Though it still hurts dev margins. They get zero after initial shipment.

I agree that these are just excuses now. However DLCs started it all off when there were problems in piracy and trading. Of course once they saw the gravy train, they were never going to stop it.

Personally I’d rather pay a sub to a game, though wish you could suspend them mid term to have a break.
Biddy21 h, 12 m ago

Unfortunately, this number takes the 75% hero reduction into account. EA …Unfortunately, this number takes the 75% hero reduction into account. EA and Dice are doing the bare minimum to try to stop the PR nightmare they have without removing the lootcrates and changing the progression system to a normal game standard. I’ve read that if you search #Gambling on twitter, EA and Disney are the top results. Disney must be screwing about being associated with that.

Typical, luckily I am only in it for single player - having played trial - I loved it and was plenty for me to enjoy - these crate and Ultimate team type modes luckily are turn off for me and I don't really ever do multiplayer online - not to a serious level anyway.

I guess if the system wasn't so rubbish I might be more keen, dunno.
geebeegooner15th Nov 2017

As much as I love the new creed game it's riddled in things to buy.Granted …As much as I love the new creed game it's riddled in things to buy.Granted they are not needed but I dread to think the combined total to buy everything would be.Then they did a timed event which lasted a week but you had to be level 40, crazy idea as I bet that only put people in a 10% bracket to do it.It's rumoured that this was to push you to buy time savers items.There was an online petition for the governent to look into loot boxes etc... As it falls into a form of gambling for children.

Micro transactions in single player games are a bit different although still obnoxious, with BF 2 you can rule the roost if you cough up the space bucks especially (from what I've heard) in regards to the fighter combat as there are cards to enable your ship to turn quicker, fire quicker & increase damage. It is the pay to win aspect which is most offensive.

Metacritic reviews are pretty grim so far for BF 2 and the best way to show EA is to not purchase the game. The MT in Need for speed payback (great name for this entry in the series) is also pretty bad but no-one cares about that.

Plus as Biddy has mentioned the gambling aspect doesn't reflect well on Disney especially as kids will (probably) make up quite a bit of the player base. Urgent legislation is needed.

PS. I won't be buying BF 2 or N4S and generally try to avoid EA. Ubisoft aren't, as yet, in the same league.
Another reason I won't play multiplayer. I don't think its fair to give some players better weapons/upgrades (whether by buying them or playing long hours). Then people like myself come along with very little time to play the game only to be killed a million times. There's no fun in that for me so I stop playing. I'll play the campaign and hope there is a single/coop classic battlefield mode with bots like the old battlefront games.
joanddan722 m ago

Typical, luckily I am only in it for single player - having played trial - …Typical, luckily I am only in it for single player - having played trial - I loved it and was plenty for me to enjoy - these crate and Ultimate team type modes luckily are turn off for me and I don't really ever do multiplayer online - not to a serious level anyway. I guess if the system wasn't so rubbish I might be more keen, dunno.

splatsplatsplat12 m ago

Another reason I won't play multiplayer. I don't think its fair to give …Another reason I won't play multiplayer. I don't think its fair to give some players better weapons/upgrades (whether by buying them or playing long hours). Then people like myself come along with very little time to play the game only to be killed a million times. There's no fun in that for me so I stop playing. I'll play the campaign and hope there is a single/coop classic battlefield mode with bots like the old battlefront games.

If you’re in it for the campaign, I’d recommend cancelling your preorders (if you have them) as it only lasts about 6 hours. (I think Gameinformer managed it in 5). They’ve also said it’s quite boring. Probably one to pick up down the line when it’s dirt cheap.

It’s going on sale when the new film releases anyway. That’s a definite by the way. EA revealed it in an investor’s call. Yes, they’re that stupid. Or arrogant. Either way, neither is good.
Biddy22 m ago

If you’re in it for the campaign, I’d recommend cancelling your preorders ( …If you’re in it for the campaign, I’d recommend cancelling your preorders (if you have them) as it only lasts about 6 hours. (I think Gameinformer managed it in 5). They’ve also said it’s quite boring. Probably one to pick up down the line when it’s dirt cheap.It’s going on sale when the new film releases anyway. That’s a definite by the way. EA revealed it in an investor’s call. Yes, they’re that stupid. Or arrogant. Either way, neither is good.

I was tempted to use the Sainsbury double thingy and get it for cheap on day of release but yeah I might hold off...

Loved the first three missions and thought the story start was superb.. also loved they have added in battle scenarios for single players.. really enjoyed whacking through them.
Oneday7731 m ago

Piracy is not as prevalent as it used to be. Also trading has seen a sharp …Piracy is not as prevalent as it used to be. Also trading has seen a sharp decline, look at what’s left on the high street. Though it still hurts dev margins. They get zero after initial shipment. I agree that these are just excuses now. However DLCs started it all off when there were problems in piracy and trading. Of course once they saw the gravy train, they were never going to stop it. Personally I’d rather pay a sub to a game, though wish you could suspend them mid term to have a break.

The excuses have been rolling on for years. First it was piracy that was the cause of higher game prices. Then it was people trading in. Now it’s the consumer’s fault for wanting realistic graphics in their games (which is laughable considering there really aren’t that many realistic looking games). The industry likes to try to play a poor little victim to get money out of customers. It’s all nonsense.

The new one is game prices haven’t risen. Yet they have increased £10 every gen since PS2 for us. They’re trying everything they can.

Problem is, we have a generation turning into adults that grew up on F2P mobile games and see no issues with the microtransaction model. They’re used to it. Battlefront, Need for Speed Payback and all future EA and Take Two games will be designed this way now unless customers fight back. I don’t see it happening though. They make too much money now and their attitude is that those of us that grew up without all this nonsense, can take a running jump because they don’t need us anymore.
ItWasNotMe36 m ago

I've done a lot more on other games [Image]

Neither it mind nor body is willing. Hats off to you.
joanddan78 m ago

I was tempted to use the Sainsbury double thingy and get it for cheap on …I was tempted to use the Sainsbury double thingy and get it for cheap on day of release but yeah I might hold off...Loved the first three missions and thought the story start was superb.. also loved they have added in battle scenarios for single players.. really enjoyed whacking through them.

The reviews say it does start well but then goes downhill so that would explain why you enjoyed it on the trial. I’m holding off until it’s a tenner preowned just to blast through the single player. In the meantime, I’ll just play the first Battlefront 2 they released years ago. Still holds up and the online has been reactivated on PC again.
RossD895 h, 4 m ago

From what I have read, and I am by no means an authority on the subject, …From what I have read, and I am by no means an authority on the subject, they reduced the 'cost' of Vader/Skywalker by 75%, but also reduced the amount of credits earned for finishing the campaign by 75%. Im not sure if they reduced the amount of credits earned through online gameplay though.

Just saw this.

32442160-CxOYm.jpg

and this but probably best I only link to it. m.imgur.com/5lK…fh6
Biddy245 m ago

The reviews say it does start well but then goes downhill so that would …The reviews say it does start well but then goes downhill so that would explain why you enjoyed it on the trial. I’m holding off until it’s a tenner preowned just to blast through the single player. In the meantime, I’ll just play the first Battlefront 2 they released years ago. Still holds up and the online has been reactivated on PC again.

Or just give it up and play Star Trek bridge crew in VR instead *raising eyebrows giggling behind hand face*
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is based on the loot system actually being 'random' and not getting any of the cards in said packs?
In game transactions are here to stay unfortunately, the only way to stop it would be for gamers to boycott these games but good luck with that.

What gets me is the games that charge you for additional maps etc. that are already on the disc. Companies planning ahead to see how much cash the can squeeze out the gamer.
MSK.15 m ago

Or just give it up and play Star Trek bridge crew in VR instead *raising …Or just give it up and play Star Trek bridge crew in VR instead *raising eyebrows giggling behind hand face*

32442439-odYdD.jpg

Have thought of trying that though. My brother keeps saying how great it us. He’s a Trekkie though. I’ve always been more into Star Wars.
Biddy251 m ago

[Image] Have thought of trying that though. My brother keeps saying …[Image] Have thought of trying that though. My brother keeps saying how great it us. He’s a Trekkie though. I’ve always been more into Star Wars.

That was a really bad example now I think about it. The marketing that went along with that was awful. You had to earn coins by giving them far too much personal data on their website, annoying your friends and roping people in like a pyramid scheme. If you earnt a billion coins by harassing several trillion other people, you could win a chat with the devs or a headset. Or some b'locks. Not quite the same, but pretty annoying.
Edited by: "MSK." 15th Nov 2017
Biddy258 m ago

[Image] Have thought of trying that though. My brother keeps saying …[Image] Have thought of trying that though. My brother keeps saying how great it us. He’s a Trekkie though. I’ve always been more into Star Wars.

Trekkies are weird biddy
deeky7 m ago

Trekkies are weird biddy

Oi. Trekker, thank you very much!
MSK.1 m ago

(embarrassed)I was just gonna add 'well, some are but some are ace' but I pressed post by mistake then had to nip out
MSK.23 m ago

That was a really bad example now I think about it. The marketing that …That was a really bad example now I think about it. The marketing that went along with that was awful. You had to earn coins by giving them far too much personal data on their website, annoying your friends and roping people in like a pyramid scheme. If you earnt a billion coins by harassing several trillion other people, you could win a chat with the devs or a headset. Or some b'locks. Not quite the same, but pretty annoying.

What a load of faffing about. Wonder how many went through all those hoops.

deeky9 m ago

Trekkies are weird biddy

You’re not one are you, Deek?

32442990-rWxj8.jpg

deeky1 m ago

(embarrassed)I was just gonna add 'well, some are but some are ace' but I …(embarrassed)I was just gonna add 'well, some are but some are ace' but I pressed post by mistake then had to nip out

Yeah, yeah. I'm sure you did
Biddy22 m ago

What a load of faffing about. Wonder how many went through all those …What a load of faffing about. Wonder how many went through all those hoops. You’re not one are you, Deek? [Image]

I can honestly say, hand on heart, that although I know what Star Trek is, I have never sat and watched an episode. Just not my scene at all. I'm not mad on Sci-Fi stuff. I only like Star Wars for the music.
MSK.5 m ago

32443028-zR4oC.jpg

You think you know people.

To be fair, I’ve never put enough effort into trying to watch them. I did enjoy the new films though. (Not sure if that is a risky thing to say to Star Trek fans.
deeky7 m ago

I can honestly say, hand on heart, that although I know what Star Trek is, …I can honestly say, hand on heart, that although I know what Star Trek is, I have never sat and watched an episode. Just not my scene at all. I'm not mad on Sci-Fi stuff. I only like Star Wars for the music.

I like it but not so into it that I’m buying all the comics/books etc. The films and games are enough for me really.

Bloody love Darth Vader and the Empire though. I probablyshouldn’t but still.
Biddy27 m ago

[Image] You think you know people. To be fair, I’ve never put enough e …[Image] You think you know people. To be fair, I’ve never put enough effort into trying to watch them. I did enjoy the new films though. (Not sure if that is a risky thing to say to Star Trek fans.

Don't worry, I've never watched a whole Star Wars either. I just find the look of the characters really annoying. So we can call it even

I haven't seen the very newest one yet (ashamed face) but I'm looking forward to binging some for xmas
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants