Groups

Unlocking Iphone

I don't believe this topic is against rules but I apoligse if it is.

Anyone unlocked their own iphone to any network

Pros? Cons?

Ta

6 Comments

Original Poster

tumble weed

Wouldn't unlocking an iPhone be EXACTLY like unlocking any phone?

You really should already know the pros and cons.

Think the tumbleweed is because it's a stupid question.

Original Poster

stupid... was wondering if anyone had tried resent giving apple a further 20 pounds for something that appears free

rinses you're battery life.

/thread

mobter83

stupid... was wondering if anyone had tried resent giving apple a further … stupid... was wondering if anyone had tried resent giving apple a further 20 pounds for something that appears free

Well it's free if you jailbreak, and many don't jailbreak, I'm pretty sure the oficial jailbreak would stick with you when you update the phones firmware, while with a jailbreak unlock you have to wait for the jailbreak to come out for the firmware and even then it might not have the ability to unlock.

A con is it is another 20 quid lining Steves pocket, but you have already given him £400 or so, right?

Original Poster

Lost Symphonies

Well it's free if you jailbreak, and many don't jailbreak, I'm pretty … Well it's free if you jailbreak, and many don't jailbreak, I'm pretty sure the oficial jailbreak would stick with you when you update the phones firmware, while with a jailbreak unlock you have to wait for the jailbreak to come out for the firmware and even then it might not have the ability to unlock.A con is it is another 20 quid lining Steves pocket, but you have already given him £400 or so, right?

Fair point... Just seems a huge charge... Only was unlocking to sell so no dramas... i get an iphone every 12months.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. "Replica" football shirts11
      2. Decent Mp3 Player?66
      3. Info on Browns Family Jewellers22
      4. Do you use a case on your iPhone?77

See more discussions