Unlocking iPhone ID Mobile

Found 5th Jan
Hi
Back in May I jumped on the 26 quid/month deal from iD that included an iPhone 7 that I saw here.

I subsequently read about people having to stay on their contract long after the initial commitment period because iD wanted them to wait for months before they'd unlock their phone.
Because I want everything I can get, and because I'm going to travel soon, I figured I'd ask ahead of time. I couldn't find anywhere on the website where to get in touch with them to know when and how I'd be able to unlock my phone, and what would the cost be (I had previously unlocked an iPhone 5C from EE for something like 8 or 10 pounds).

So, I just asked them by direct message on Twitter, and the guy did it for me within a couple of hours, free of charge, no hassles. The very next day I got a text message telling me it was unlocked, and to put a different sim card in it to finish the process.

Only caveat: you have to have been on the contract for 6 months (if you got the same deal as me, you're good to go).

2871338-okVoU.jpg

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
4 Comments

I too got that great iPhone 7 deal, cheers for the heads up, I'll get mine unlocked now aswell.

Original Poster

INDUSTRYHATER14 h, 42 m ago

I too got that great iPhone 7 deal, cheers for the heads up, I'll get mine …I too got that great iPhone 7 deal, cheers for the heads up, I'll get mine unlocked now aswell.

You're welcome. All I could find were bad experiences, so I figured I could share this in the hope that it would help others.

Original Poster

INDUSTRYHATER5th Jan

I too got that great iPhone 7 deal, cheers for the heads up, I'll get mine …I too got that great iPhone 7 deal, cheers for the heads up, I'll get mine unlocked now aswell.

Hi, did it work?

Despondent1 h, 8 m ago

Hi, did it work?

They said they have put a request into apple for it to be unlocked and it can take up to 28 days for them to do it. I'm in no rush so it's fine
Post a comment
@
    Text