Groups
    EXPIRED

Unlocking motorola F3 - Please rescue my mothers day present

I've messed up and trying to salvage myself. If not I shall have to buy another phone and not get it in time for mothers day. Got my mum a motorola F3 on virgin but I needed to have got it on orange as she is already on orange and has credit on her phone. I have tried to cancel the virgin order minutes after placing it however was told it was too late and I shall have to return it, they cannot however refund the £10 virgin credit. Not worth returning the phone as with quidco it hasn't cost anything. I know I can buy a new phone through TJ Hughs for £8 but was thinking it may be easier to unlock it so she can use the virgin sim aswell.
    Thanks you very much to all who help rescue my mothers day.

13 Comments

If you got the F3 from Carphonewarehouse then it is unlocked already, mine was! Most people on this web site would have either bought the giveaway F3 from Carphonewarehouse (e2save) or Phones 4 U(mobile2yourdoor)

I got mine unlocked via a company on ebay. Cost less than a fiver

Original Poster

No i've had to cancel that one. I did order it first but they are out of stock so ordered one from phones4u. I have spoken to them and they said it was locked:cry:

Original Poster

Are you allowed to tell me the seller you got it from on ebay or post me the item number. I'm a bit wary about that sort of thing without a recommendation.

wookiemummy;1646405

No i've had to cancel that one. I did order it first but they are out of … No i've had to cancel that one. I did order it first but they are out of stock so ordered one from phones4u. I have spoken to them and they said it was locked:cry:

Have you got the phone yet? It may not be locked as I am guessing that the Motorola F3 is a so cheap phone that it was not worthwhile to lock.. anyone bought from Phone4u can confirm? I bought two F3 from e2save and both were unlocked and it may even be used in Heaven's network...am expecting a call from my late dad!

Original Poster

Wow, if my dad phones me I'll buy 1,000,000 could make a fortune!!!

Original Poster

realblender;1646511

if you give your mum an F3, then you dont love her.

That's very unfair!! It is just part of a gift and it was what I could see is the most basic user friendly that I could find. Are we in a playground where you need to make insults about my relationship with my mum?? If you have nothing constructive to say then please don't say anything

I received an email from money saving expert yesterday which gave details of a website that told you how to unlock phones. Here is the page, I don't know how to do a proper link so you'll have to copy and paste: moneysavingexpert.com/pho…one
    Good luck, I hope this helps!

Oh it looks like I did do a proper link!!!

Original Poster

Wow, great thanks. Should arrive tomorrow so will check first to see if it is unlocked. If not will try that. Thanks a million

Good luck, I did read in the past that F3's are unlocked anyway. It was manufactured this way. F3 is a fantastically well designed phone for those who demand basic features and high contrast display no matter what the condition is.

splender;1647060

Good luck, I did read in the past that F3's are unlocked anyway. It was … Good luck, I did read in the past that F3's are unlocked anyway. It was manufactured this way. F3 is a fantastically well designed phone for those who demand basic features and high contrast display no matter what the condition is.

I'll second that, I bought my dad one last year and he says it's the best phone he's ever had. It's perfect as the digits are big enough for him to see easily, the battery life is great and he never texts so ithe limitiations of the large text doesn't matter a bit to him! If your mum just wants it to make calls then she'll love you for it, mate! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Well it came this morning and......... it works with my vodaphone sim so assume it is unlocked!!! Horray, panic over. Thank you all for your help, rep left for you all. Hope she likes it, with quidco it's only cost me £4.95 for the phone and the £10 worth of credit the phone is quite nice aswell. I know whet you mean about the large text however for the 3 messages she sends a year it's great. Thanks again
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2048
      2. word association Game73944533
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927371
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767359

See more discussions