Unlocking my ee phone?

10 replies
Found 11th Apr
I bought an iphone from a family member locked on ee.

I now need it unlocked, I currently have an ee pay monthly contract which is sim only.

How do I get the iphone unlocked?

Thanks.

10 Comments

phone has to be on the network for atleast 6 months before ee will unlock it

Phone stores, stalls in town centres and busy streets offer phone unlocking for about a tenner, don't know how safe there method is though.. see what others say I just thought I'd let u know this, good luck

LeahMinttoutou

Phone stores, stalls in town centres and busy streets offer phone … Phone stores, stalls in town centres and busy streets offer phone unlocking for about a tenner, don't know how safe there method is though.. see what others say I just thought I'd let u know this, good luck

Not with iPhones it isn't.

almirh

phone has to be on the network for atleast 6 months before ee will unlock … phone has to be on the network for atleast 6 months before ee will unlock it

It sounds like he bought it second hand. If not as part of the t&cs with EE you don't own the phone for the first 6 months or something.

see this page
ee.co.uk/hel…one
I have unlocked both my daughters I phones locked to ee, get a payg sim from poundland then put £15 credit on it (look for best value sim- £1 a week).Go online set up an account with we,then apply for unlock code,this can take a while hence the need for £15 on the card you might get away with £10 credit on the sim.once approved they will take £8.99 of the sim card credit.phone unlocked!

should read £15 credit on the sim card

EE unlocked mine for free

wills14

EE unlocked mine for free

​And mine

Original Poster

contacted ee and they did it for free.

Thanks guys - normally for my other phones most places do them for next to nothing but I know for iphones they can get expensive esp if im not the orginal owner.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gatwick Airport Parking77
    2. Is this expensive?611
    3. Hot deals notification22
    4. How are these websites Direct2Mum, PreciousLittleOne?11

See more discussions