Groups

Unlocking Nokia 5230 on t-mobile

Theres a deal here of a nokia 5230 on tmobile for £79.99 from argos. Has anyone unlocked one of these for free? or used t-mobiles unlocking service? if so i would appreciate if you could tell me how to or how much t mobile charge because i only want to get this phone if i can get it unlocked reasonably cheap.
    thanks

10 Comments

Banned

you can get it unlock for about £10 at your local market stall

Original Poster

do you know how they do it does it sort of apply a new firmware or just remove restriction because i had a phone before that was unlocked like that and had a few bad firmware issues i always thought it was due to the unlocking badly but its probably not does anyone know? thanks

I bought it unlocked at Phones4U instore for 75 quid for the phone but there was a mandatory 10 GBP topup with Vodafone...

JohnCenaFan;8385811

you can get it unlock for about £10 at your local market stall

No you can't needs to be taken to a phone shop who will inturn send it away £20 to £35 atleast

spitroast

jknoxville;8385828

do you know how they do it does it sort of apply a new firmware or just … do you know how they do it does it sort of apply a new firmware or just remove restriction because i had a phone before that was unlocked like that and had a few bad firmware issues i always thought it was due to the unlocking badly but its probably not does anyone know? thanks

All depands on the phone and if you have to flash patch it

spitroast

Original Poster

spit roast;8386493

No you can't needs to be taken to a phone shop who will inturn send it … No you can't needs to be taken to a phone shop who will inturn send it away £20 to £35 atleastspitroast

oh interesting so this particular phone cant be unlocked this way. well i think i might get it from phones 4 u, only thing is they only have purple and white ones :x

jknoxville;8386565

oh interesting so this particular phone cant be unlocked this way. well i … oh interesting so this particular phone cant be unlocked this way. well i think i might get it from phones 4 u, only thing is they only have purple and white ones :x

the purple one also came with a black cover when i bought it. identical to black one with that on.

Original Poster

really? oh well ive ordered the white one now and i dont know which i'd prefer hmmm.......
    well thanks anyway i believe you can get your money back within 7 days if not happy so i could switch if i dont like white
    also i think the purple is only available on vodaphone so unless you can assure me it comes unlocked ill stick with white

jknoxville;8392749

really? oh well ive ordered the white one now and i dont know which i'd … really? oh well ive ordered the white one now and i dont know which i'd prefer hmmm.......well thanks anyway i believe you can get your money back within 7 days if not happy so i could switch if i dont like whitealso i think the purple is only available on vodaphone so unless you can assure me it comes unlocked ill stick with white

they don't come unlocked. or mine didn't should i say.

and i was quoted £30 to get it unlocked.

Original Poster

depending what network your on they can do it cheaper. orange will unlock for £20
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…33
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767175
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1947
      4. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2527

See more discussions