Unlocking Nokia N80 BB5 Phones

3 replies
Found 8th Jan 2007
Hi all, this is just to let you know that there is a way to unlock these BB5 fones such as n73, n80, etc.
You have to get it done by the operator, but you don't have to wait for the last month of the contract.

Check this, and it tells you how to do it

Go to professionalz.co.uk

Go to the Mobile Related Stuff board

Click on the Unlocking N Series phone on Orange thread

and this will tell you how to unlock ur bb5 fone - irrespective of whatever network it is locked to and however many months left on the contract

Note to MODs - this is a completely legitimate way of unlocking these fones

4 Comments

[SIZE=2]Here's what the site says (you have to register so thought i'd quote it for people)[/SIZE]

This process may work on other networks but deffo works for Orange.The … This process may work on other networks but deffo works for Orange.The N-Series phone are bb5 meaning that they can't simply be unlocked by ya dodgy local market dude. These can only be done by the network operator.Here is the process,1.) buy phone2.) buy Orange sim (£1 online)3.) register imei with sim by calling 080007900064.) wait for phone to activate5.) call orange on 450 or 07973100450 go through the options till you get through to customer services. I found that options 2, 2, 2, 2 was the easiest way to speak to a human.6.) Request unlock code7.) upload £20 to prepaid balance8.) Wait few days for code

It would be interesting to see if this works with any other network!

But this may be me being thick, but surely you'd need an unlocked (or same network phone) to be able to do the above in the first place? By putting the SIM card into a phone and seeing that it has activated and registered etc.

T8RSP

It would be interesting to see if this works with any other network!But … It would be interesting to see if this works with any other network!But this may be me being thick, but surely you'd need an unlocked (or same network phone) to be able to do the above in the first place? By putting the SIM card into a phone and seeing that it has activated and registered etc.

I can concur, I have used this method successfully, and got my N80 unlocked. It is 100% guaranteed.

HOWEVER ring orange to confirm before you run off to buy the credit.

Moved these here, as they're useful and would get lost in the For Sale or Trade forum...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247584
    2. £6 Promo Credit with £30 Gift Card Purchase @ Amazon22
    3. Any Xbox One news today?2356168
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710976

See more discussions