Groups

Unlocking phone by buying online code - does this work?

Hello guys,

I would like to unlock my phone so that I can switch from Virgin payg over to vodaphone payg.
    I have been with Virgin for years, but have recently moved and have awful signal at home now. My husband is with Vodaphone and his signal is great.
    I don't use it loads and don't have an expensive phone, but it seems like the cheapest option to take my phone with me to vodaphone plus I want to keep my number.
    Virgin want to charge me £15 to unlock it, and I really don't want to give them this money!! It's not a new phone - had it well over a year. Plus I bought it outright from virgin - it wasn't a pay monthly package or anything as I'm payg.
    I've been looking online at other ways to unlock it, but don't know how reliable they are and wandered if anyone had used them, or could recommend one?
    My phone is a Prada LG.

Thank you

4 Comments

I may be wrong but some companies unlock youre PAYG phone for free after the 1st year is up.It may be worth calling virgin again,

"I have been with Virgin for years"

They should do it for free, they gave me a free unlock code

Original Poster

deanos;6955899

"I have been with Virgin for years"They should do it for free, they gave … "I have been with Virgin for years"They should do it for free, they gave me a free unlock code

I rang a couple weeks ago and lady I spoke to said £15 - maybe I'll ring again and speak to someone else :thumbsup:

tonyg1962;6955819

I may be wrong but some companies unlock youre PAYG phone for free after … I may be wrong but some companies unlock youre PAYG phone for free after the 1st year is up.It may be worth calling virgin again,

Thank you, I will try again

I unlocked a Vodaphone locked phone using codes purchased from an eBay seller, worked a treat, cost £3.95.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1121
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047140
      3. What would be HELL to you?2952
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow33

See more discussions