Groups

Unlocking phone twice using same contract

Can I unlock another iPhone using my o2 contract. Have already done this once and was wondering if o2 will approve again?
    Anyone tried this?

Don't want to find out I've been charged for doing this again.
    Thanks

6 Comments

They'll only unlock the phone you have on contract with them.

If you buy, say a payg iPhone then it's 15 quid to unlock it.

If it's from another network they won't be able to unlock it at all as the imei won't be in their database.

Original Poster

steve1221;8446923

They'll only unlock the phone you have on contract with them.If you buy, … They'll only unlock the phone you have on contract with them.If you buy, say a payg iPhone then it's 15 quid to unlock it. If it's from another network they won't be able to unlock it at all as the imei won't be in their database.

Sorry I should have made that more clear; If I buy another iPhone (that is locked on o2), can I use my contract o2 sim to unlock this phone?
    Note: I have already once used my contract o2 sim to unlock an iPhone in the house.

So, will my o2 contract approve this unlock request again (twice)?

Original Poster

steve1221;8446923

They'll only unlock the phone you have on contract with them

This is not true because they approved my first unlock request on an iPhone that was sourced from elsewhere, not from my contract :?

ele-font;8447099

This is not true because they approved my first unlock request on an … This is not true because they approved my first unlock request on an iPhone that was sourced from elsewhere, not from my contract :?

Same here. I unlocked my 3G that I bought off ebay using my 3GS contract sim

Original Poster

Zoe_B;8447167

Same here. I unlocked my 3G that I bought off ebay using my 3GS contract … Same here. I unlocked my 3G that I bought off ebay using my 3GS contract sim

Any chance you tried using your 3gs contract to unlock another iPhone (again)?

ele-font;8447294

Any chance you tried using your 3gs contract to unlock another iPhone … Any chance you tried using your 3gs contract to unlock another iPhone (again)?

No I haven't, sorry!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)1315
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?27107
      3. GOT Leaks again817
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764472

See more discussions