Groups

Unlocking Phone - Vodaphone - Do I need specific sim?!

My sister in law has called Vodaphone to obtain an unlock code for me for a phone she used to have which is tied to Vodaphone, she has supplied the code so now I need to use it.

The instructions from Vodaphone say insert the Voda sim and put in the unlock code, however, does anyone know if it *has* to be the SIM she has or is it any Vodaphone sim?

No one else in my house is on Voda so I can't try, also not sure what happens if I try with a different Voda sim - could it mess it up?!

7 Comments

It does not matter which SIM card is in the phone when the unlocking is performed.

what phone is it by the way

i thought all vodafones phones are already unlocked??

hockeyguy09;6621807

i thought all vodafones phones are already unlocked??

only contract phones, PAYG ones are locked

awww right fair enough. well if you can unlock it you can get a magic simcard thing.

Original Poster

I have the code and stuff, just not a Vodaphone sim to unlock it, so it looks like any Vodaphone sim will do - sure someone at work will have a voda sim I can borrow for 5 mins.

It's an N95-8GB and it's a little bit old hence why it was still locked

Vodafone do lock some of their contract handsets if they're exclusive which the early N95 8GB's were, they currently lock the BB Storms.

John

Banned

oldskooladdict;6622228

I have the code and stuff, just not a Vodaphone sim to unlock it, so it … I have the code and stuff, just not a Vodaphone sim to unlock it, so it looks like any Vodaphone sim will do - sure someone at work will have a voda sim I can borrow for 5 mins.It's an N95-8GB and it's a little bit old hence why it was still locked

you shouldn't have a sim in when unlocking an N95, do this with no sim inserted

1. Press the # button on the keypad 1 time to display #
    2. Press the star (*) button on the keypad 3 times quickly to display p
    3. Press the star (*) button on the keypad 4 times quickly to display w
    4. Press the star (*) button on the keypad 2 times quickly to display +
    5. Now type in the 15 digit unlock code
    6. Now press the star (*) button on the keypad 2 times quickly to display +
    7. Press number 1 on the keypad 1 time
    8. Press the # button on the keypad 1 time
    9. Now the phone will display "Sim Restriction Off" and reboot
    10. Once phone has fully rebooted and again displays "Insert Sim" phone is unlocked!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would916
      2. What would be HELL to you?2944
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7171351
      4. word association Game73944520

See more discussions