Groups
    EXPIRED

Unlocking Tesco Moto E3 ?

Please help. Having great difficulty's trying to unlock this Tesco Motorola E3. Everywhere I've been trying I keep getting refunded saying they can't do it.
    I know you can call Tesco and pay £10 to unlock it but I heard the customer service on the time it takes is terrible.
    Can anyone please suggest anywhere thats good at unlocking Tesco Sims, would be very grateful
    Thank you.

12 Comments

modaco.com/for…ck/ Some people have had some good results here.

Original Poster

sweetjudy21

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1885705-How-To-Unlock-Motorola-Moto-E3-By-Unlock-Code-To-Work-With-Any-Network

Seen that already but £14, bit harsh.
    By looks of it I'm going to have to pay this.
    Thanks anyway

maybe ask on here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e3

they have all the custom roms and rooting etc. I always use that site for my custom android roms

Moto Ex are notoriously easy to unlock, you can get an unlock code from eBay for less than £2.

Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 29th Dec 2016

Original Poster

RiverDragon8

Moto Ex are notoriously easy to unlock, you can get an unlock code from … Moto Ex are notoriously easy to unlock, you can get an unlock code from eBay for less than £2.

Not this MOTO E3. Tried a few on eBay and got refunded on all as couldn't unlock it. I think its to do with being Tesco

grant20

Not this MOTO E3. Tried a few on eBay and got refunded on all as couldn't … Not this MOTO E3. Tried a few on eBay and got refunded on all as couldn't unlock it. I think its to do with being Tesco

It's Lenovo that's the problem, not Tesco. The E3 is the first non-Motorola (but Motorola branded) device to come out of Lenovo, which means that it's IMEI numbers are not found on the Motorola server where the sellers get the unlock codes from.

What about this guy?

My son unlocked his for free with Tesco's why are they charging you?

Original Poster

frogs2

My son unlocked his for free with Tesco's why are they charging you?

It states on there site it costs £10. He was lucky lol

Hi, did you have any luck with this? I've got the same problem... Thanks

Original Poster

Fruds

Hi, did you have any luck with this? I've got the same problem... Thanks

Nope, totally impossible mate. Tried I don't know how many but got all refunded. Just had to end up moving my son to Tesco network. As mentioned, I believe Tesco do for £10 but supposedly peoples had a lot of trouble in past with them etc so couldn't be bothered dealing with all that.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44
    2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…44
    3. Review Hub Monthly Competition - Win a OnePlus 5!88
    4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat1010

See more discussions