Unmarked Police pulling me over (twice in few days) no reason

Found 21st Nov 2013
Right 2 weeks ago I was pulled by a panda normal police car at around 4am for not having lights on which was fair enough they alcohol breath test which I was clear (don't drink) also said gonna pat search me and search car which he really did not do properly just quick look in car and that was it.

so a week later im pulled over this time by a unmarked police car.
they asked my name and gave them my licence they said I had a marker on my car for someone's name I do not know off. kept going on about this person asking if anyone could gave access to this person to use car.
they said only other thing is someone with same car using my reg plate but very unlikely (car quite now 1998).
I asked 1 of the officers what was the reason for the marker and he said drugs.
any way they said they will make a note that they pulled this car with the registered owner driving it etc.

so today a few days later Im driving and I noticed blue lights a good 5 cars behind me I noticed a van pull over never thought anything else about.
a couple mins later blue lights again this time behind me unmarked car.
I pull over a say your lot pulled me the other day about a marker on my car.
they said there no marker on my car they must of removed it. ??? and there just pulling me over to see if im the registered owner etc random pull.
while one was checking my licence over one of the officers asked me if il been arrested before for anything which I thought was odd as they pulled me for random check why ask that?

I don't understand how that was a random pull when they were a good 5 cars behind me? it must picked me up on the ANPR ? why say no marker on car.

i not been pulled over for about 8 years and all this has happened in the last few weeks should i make a complaint now or wait to see if im pulled again?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
82 Comments

Banned

Looks at user name, shrugs.

Maybe it's because you're a known pothead

Original Poster

greatest666

Looks at user name, shrugs.

and what's that to-do with it ?

Banned

sell the car

Original Poster

miikeyblue

Maybe it's because you're a known pothead

im not a known pothead and not even smoked for years now

Banned

I agree with username too

Hardly any grounds for a complaint. Move on.

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/k9G3QO0.jpg

Original Poster

RossD89

Hardly any grounds for a complaint. Move on.

so if they keep pulling me for no reason i have grounds to complaint?
what right they got to ask if i ben arrested before when pulled me for no reason?

Yes, indeed, Contact the chief of Police and state in no uncertain terms, that you are fed up with these Seasonal Pullovers, and can you have a Cardigan instead.

pothead13

so if they keep pulling me for no reason i have grounds to complaint?what … so if they keep pulling me for no reason i have grounds to complaint?what right they got to ask if i ben arrested before when pulled me for no reason?

Because you're a known pothead ?

Just a guess.

You probably fit a profile.

They are not pulling you over for no reason. If there is a marker on your car then thats why, even if as you say its not your details on the marker the previous owner has obviously been stopped for having drugs etc thats why the marker has been on there in the first place. As someone suggested sell the car, or you could try taking things further with the police and see if they will remove the marker from the car.

pothead13

so if they keep pulling me for no reason i have grounds to complaint?what … so if they keep pulling me for no reason i have grounds to complaint?what right they got to ask if i ben arrested before when pulled me for no reason?

have you?

Original Poster

craigwthorne

They are not pulling you over for no reason. If there is a marker on your … They are not pulling you over for no reason. If there is a marker on your car then thats why, even if as you say its not your details on the marker the previous owner has obviously been stopped for having drugs etc thats why the marker has been on there in the first place. As someone suggested sell the car, or you could try taking things further with the police and see if they will remove the marker from the car.

when i was pulled today they said there is no marker on my car also i had the car for 8 years so its nothing to do with previous owner

pothead13

Are you being serious?

Banned

pothead13

http://i.imgur.com/hngZ57p.gif
Edited by: "D_G" 21st Nov 2013

Personally I would make a complaint, if the police kept pulling me over, or if I was in your position. Although, if you think they are going to do it again, then let them pull you over one more time. Your case is then more likely to be taken seriously (in my honest opinion). Alternatively, if you're already fed up with them, then just make your complaint now. Good luck.

Coincidence then, get over it.

What car are you driving?

Original Poster

RossD89

Are you being serious?

are you??

so im going to get pulled over everytime a unmarked car ANPR sees me when i have done nothing wrong and your saying Hardly any grounds for a complaint.

why are you ignoring me asking if you have ever been arrested?

Chances are some idiot has a similar car to you, ie you both have a blue Ford Fiesta (for example). He has put your plates on his car so whatever the police think is happening with his car, is happening to yours. My advice would be to keep an eye out for parking tickets and keep friendly with police when they pull you, you don't want to be known as a trouble maker. They'll soon twig something isn't right, even if there isn't much they can do about it. Keep the stop forms you get as proof that you are getting pulled a lot so the police may be able to help then if you do get the parking tickets come through.

Original Poster

Transformers

Personally I would make a complaint, if the police kept pulling me over, … Personally I would make a complaint, if the police kept pulling me over, or if I was in your position. Although, if you think they are going to do it again, then let them pull you over one more time. Your case is then more likely to be taken seriously (in my honest opinion). Alternatively, if you're already fed up with them, then just make your complaint now. Good luck.

your the only one here given a sensible reply thanks i will wait 1 more time

Do you have form pothead13?

Original Poster

moose109

Chances are some idiot has a similar car to you, ie you both have a blue … Chances are some idiot has a similar car to you, ie you both have a blue Ford Fiesta (for example). He has put your plates on his car so whatever the police think is happening with his car, is happening to yours. My advice would be to keep an eye out for parking tickets and keep friendly with police when they pull you, you don't want to be known as a trouble maker. They'll soon twig something isn't right, even if there isn't much they can do about it. Keep the stop forms you get as proof that you are getting pulled a lot so the police may be able to help then if you do get the parking tickets come through.

thanks for worth while reply im always polite with the police i not been given any stop forms any idea why?

pothead13

your the only one here given a sensible reply thanks i will wait 1 more … your the only one here given a sensible reply thanks i will wait 1 more time

You're welcome dude.

pothead13

are you??so im going to get pulled over everytime a unmarked car ANPR … are you??so im going to get pulled over everytime a unmarked car ANPR sees me when i have done nothing wrong and your saying Hardly any grounds for a complaint.

Every time?... You've been pulled over twice by unmarked cars and once for driving at a stupid time in the morning for with no lights which is possibly why there is suspicion and you are moaning about an officer asking you a simple question which you don't even have to answer.

Oh and reason you'll be asked about being arrested before is that your details will be on their database, so they'll be able to check it and it'll come back as you. If you have no drug warnings then they'll be told that when they check your details and you'll be away quicker.

Perhaps you drive like a " pothead "..

Do you drive a Ford Fiesta Gear?

what do you mean there's a drugs marker on my car officer
http://www.soapoint.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/DSC_0061-770x465.jpg
Edited by: "Dark.Energy" 21st Nov 2013

pothead13

thanks for worth while reply im always polite with the police i not been … thanks for worth while reply im always polite with the police i not been given any stop forms any idea why?

Ask for them, explain that you think your plates may have been cloned because you keep getting pulled. Some forces put the details straight into a computer now and so don't write a form, but you can request one still. It will detail under what power you were searched (section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971), who by, where and when.

Yes, I've been stopped and searched myself.

http://www.netanimations.net/Animated-police-cherries-lit-up-flashing-lights.gif

Banned

Pothead13. Have you suffered with any hallucinations recently ?

Look on the bright side, at least if your car gets stolen they won't get very far.

Make a note of each and every time you are pulled, officers names and numbers. Show these each time to the ones stopping you. Eventually you have to exhaust the officers they have available or they'll get so fed up that whatever is marked down on their computer will be lifted.

Alternatively once you've got a few names and occasions listed, write a nice letters to that police force. Commend their diligence and try not to sound like you are complaining. Tell them that you believe you have more than shown to them that your car is not worthy of the attention, while you accept from time to time drivers are pulled over. Maybe they could look in to the reasons you gave been stopped so many times, more times than can be explained by coincidence.

I had a mate that complained about a copper once, he couldn't drive anywhere after that without being pulled. Thank your lucky stars that you don't live in Mexico City or Moscow, each of those stops would be costing you hundreds.

http://i42.tinypic.com/334kmpt.jpg

SHE CAN SEARCH ME ANYTIME!
http://img8.joyreactor.com/pics/post/funny-pictures-auto-police-cosplay-385378.jpeg

I would go to your local police station with licence log book mot insurance and copy of tax disk Passport.
Ask for help to stop this for happening in the future.
They can look into it and maybe stop it.
I did it when i drove a replica lamborghini.
It showed up as a Rover as that was the doner vehicle.
Took all the info to them they altered their records and hay presto stopped getting pulled over.

Epic username to content ratio.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions