Unnecessarily complicated air con

Found 25th Jul
Anyone else here that thinks the controls for air conditioning units in offices and sometimes hotels are overly complicated?

Surely all you need is temperature up and down buttons.
But I find even the simplest controls have additional buttons for fan speed, buttons with a snowflake, a button with sunshine etc
Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
Ours has snow flake thats air conditioning. The sun is for heating in winter. We also have water drop symbol button which is a dehumidifier. I don't find in complicated bit I can see why some do.
Edited by: "wayners" 25th Jul
your personal choice is not what everyone wants as their personal choices
It's the folk that fiddle with the controls that don't know what they're doing. Like putting the temp down to 16° thinking it'll cool the room down quicker. No, it'll just keep chilling the room beyond the comfortable level until everyone is freezing... Set it at 20-22° and leave it please.
BeerDrinker28 m ago

It's the folk that fiddle with the controls that don't know what they're …It's the folk that fiddle with the controls that don't know what they're doing. Like putting the temp down to 16° thinking it'll cool the room down quicker. No, it'll just keep chilling the room beyond the comfortable level until everyone is freezing... Set it at 20-22° and leave it please.

at 22 i want to be on a beach
BeerDrinker43 m ago

It's the folk that fiddle with the controls that don't know what they're …It's the folk that fiddle with the controls that don't know what they're doing. Like putting the temp down to 16° thinking it'll cool the room down quicker. No, it'll just keep chilling the room beyond the comfortable level until everyone is freezing... Set it at 20-22° and leave it please.

20-22° is like a sauna to me.

18° is my sweet spot.
Current client site, they have a controller on each floorl, to satisfy the staff but its pure placebo to stop the moaning of staff.

Each controller is linked to nothing more than a ps. The actual controls are down in the basement for use by the facilities team.

Makes me smile when I see any staff member fiddle with the controls.
preecey32 m ago

20-22° is like a sauna to me.18° is my sweet spot.

Maybe 20-22 if its yours, and you are paying the bill.
18 degrees if not
17_18 for me 😁 , my grandma has hers at 25
I always understood 21/22 degrees to be the right temp.
Certainly the last few cars I have driven all defaulted to 22 degrees when turning the climate control on.
preecey7 h, 58 m ago

20-22° is like a sauna to me.18° is my sweet spot.

Above is my sweat spot.
Uranus1 h, 34 m ago

I always understood 21/22 degrees to be the right temp.Certainly the last …I always understood 21/22 degrees to be the right temp.Certainly the last few cars I have driven all defaulted to 22 degrees when turning the climate control on.

I’d rather Nair my scrotum than drive a car at 22 degrees.
Edited by: "Oneday77" 25th Jul
Uranus1 h, 50 m ago

Unnecessarily complicated air con

Pre-subscribing to the follow-up thread tomorrow - 'Aren't Venetian Blinds fiddly'.
I agree that hotels ACs can be difficult to operate.
No matter how many times I hit it with my boot, it doesn't seem to change settings
What is your final reflection on this simplicity or complication? @Uranus
our one seemed complicated at first to me but I got use to it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants