Groups

"unofficial" 360 hard drives

I really want to get an HDD that's a decent size, but I really don't want to pay more than I have to. I'm going to be blunt; are the knockoff 360 hard drives on ebay in any way detectable/bannable? Couldn't find a definite answer on the net. Thanks.

10 Comments

Detectable, probably.
    Bannable, probably.

Will they ban people for using them?? I doubt it as there are so many people with them. Although saying that, they did ban the use of unofficial memory cards.

deathtrap3000;7734673

Detectable, probably.Bannable, probably.Will they ban people for using … Detectable, probably.Bannable, probably.Will they ban people for using them?? I doubt it as there are so many people with them. Although saying that, they did ban the use of unofficial memory cards.

they'll probably all use the same drive code.

Another question is, are they reliable? Imagine losing your character in fallout 3 or losing your GTA 4 progress? Not good! Not worth the risk IMHO. But, having never tried one I could be wrong

Original Poster

I mean, the cheapest you can get a 60GB drive for is £50 (admittedly with 3 months of live and a headset), where on ebay some 120GB ones are selling for as low as £38.50!

Second hand 120gb hdds regularly pop up on here for about £50.

Original Poster

250GB one here for £44.55 with good reviews... tempted to say the least dealextreme.com/det…827

Just get a 2nd hand genuine one if you are worried. Usually sell for £40 - £45

RokkaMan;7734748

250GB one here for £44.55 with good reviews... tempted to say the least … 250GB one here for £44.55 with good reviews... tempted to say the least http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30827

I was going to buy this very one earlier tonight, but just can't see the point of such a large drive on a 360

Original Poster

thesaint;7734766

Just get a 2nd hand genuine one if you are worried. Usually sell for £40 … Just get a 2nd hand genuine one if you are worried. Usually sell for £40 - £45I was going to buy this very one earlier tonight, but just can't see the point of such a large drive on a 360

Installing games, also I have a huge amount of bought content when I last had an xbox (just got another one).

RokkaMan;7734748

250GB one here for £44.55 with good reviews... tempted to say the least … 250GB one here for £44.55 with good reviews... tempted to say the least http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30827

fake though

Had an unofficial HDD for over a year now and never had any dramas!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door56
      2. Cool kettle Bosch kettle cashback won't work. Help!22
      3. Question for electrician on bathroom fan45
      4. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?45

See more discussions