Groups
    EXPIRED

Unpleasently surprised

I started a thread not too long ago about Human Appeal and how they are doing £1 meals for those in need in Gaza. I didn't check to see the responses, and now that I have, I can't find the thread. Can someone tell me what happened and why the thread got removed?

41 Comments

We don't take spam, and don't do charities here. It'll have been deleted.

Banned

dxx;4117951

We don't take spam, and don't do charities here. It'll have been deleted.

+1

Original Poster

I see. Well that's pretty absurd seeing as it's to do with starving children and an attempt to save lives. I put it up seeing as the meals were £1, and I figured people would actually opt for that as it's cheap. Sometimes rules are worth reconsidering, or at least consider exceptions.

There is children dying in this country, can you see threads for them ?

cheaper in asda.
    voted cold

Most charit threads are for a good cause... the no charities rule would need to have "exceptions" made all day every day if we were to do that.

Lulu'sMammy;4118041

There is children dying in this country, can you see threads for them ?

+1

This is something that hacks me off to no end. There are so many issues we have to deal with at home, and by that I mean the UK, e.g sick kids, cancer research, animal welfare, homeless etc yet we spend millions to help others overseas first. I'm not knocking the fact that we should help where we can in any humanitarian crisis, but the way I look at it is that we should look after our own first, that way we will be in a better position to help others far more.

credit crunch issues all round

indicative of the mean attitude of most members here, esp a lot of solar flares who seem to get out of bed the wrong side, daily

AugQX;4118209

indicative of the mean attitude of most members here, esp a lot of solar … indicative of the mean attitude of most members here, esp a lot of solar flares who seem to get out of bed the wrong side, daily

Couldnt agree more.

AugQX;4118209

indicative of the mean attitude of most members here, esp a lot of solar … indicative of the mean attitude of most members here, esp a lot of solar flares who seem to get out of bed the wrong side, daily

lol, irony

AugQX;4118209

Like who?

Banned

AugQX;4118209

so because we are solar flares we can break all the rules then yeah?

Admin said no way so we cant decide yes..we can only start a feedback thread asking for it

(btw your a solar flare too)

AugQX, why are you talking about "solar flares" like they rule the roost round here?
    Strange comment to make :?

Banned

nikkib123;4118302

AugQX, why are you talking about "solar flares" like they rule the roost … AugQX, why are you talking about "solar flares" like they rule the roost round here?Strange comment to make :?

exactly...Solar Flare means nothing

ODB_69;4118310

exactly...Solar Flare means nothing

Excuse me??

Do you not realise how important I am

i didn't say they break the rules or rule the roost, but post 1, 2 and 4 proves that people that often post in misc can be very unkind, if you don't like charity threads ignore and don't post in them, afo was just asking for a straight answer and mods don't always reply

AugQX;4118427

i didn't say they break the rules or rule the roost, but post 1, 2 and 4 … i didn't say they break the rules or rule the roost, but post 1, 2 and 4 proves that people that often post in misc can be very unkind, if you don't like charity threads ignore and don't post in them, afo was just asking for a straight answer and mods don't always reply

The straight answer is they are against the rules and so removed. i believe that was covered pretty early on.

Banned

AugQX;4118427

i didn't say they break the rules or rule the roost, but post 1, 2 and 4 … i didn't say they break the rules or rule the roost, but post 1, 2 and 4 proves that people that often post in misc can be very unkind, if you don't like charity threads ignore and don't post in them, afo was just asking for a straight answer and mods don't always reply

they werent mean at all...HUKD doesnt allow charities and DXX says its been deleted, I'm just agreeing and LLM is making a point

AugQX;4118209

And i resent you saying i'm "nasty/moody" on a daily basis...think you have me mistaken with somebody else.

ok, thanks i should read the about page more often, i wasn't clear on it, sorry hukders

Banned

Lulu'sMammy;4118467

And i resent you saying i'm "nasty/moody" on a daily basis...think you … And i resent you saying i'm "nasty/moody" on a daily basis...think you have me mistaken with somebody else.

your female

ergo your moody :thumbsup: xx

ODB_69;4118520

your femaleergo your moody :thumbsup: xx

I'm on the rag also, but i'm still not moody believe me??? Lol

Banned

Lulu'sMammy;4118539

I'm on the rag also, but i'm still not moody believe me??? Lol

:?

OH NICE JULIE!...Thanks for sharing!

While you're all debating this, anybody care to answer this...

Heres a charity post... ]http//ww…642

Specifically based on HUKD and proposed to be run from there.....45+ threads, yet no HUKD SWAT team killing the OP in that one, not one mention of the no charity allowed rule in there, in fact nothing negative about it at all......

anybody care to explain the gap between that post and this one and why the barrage of negativity on this one?

Just playing devils advocate here....but between what was said in the post from the link above, and this post....there seems to be a lot of Hypocrisy.

Banned

'Steve' - technically no rules broken on that one...its discussing the idea and not actually asking for anything as of yet. If you look through though comments are made about it being stopped at some point for the same reasons outlined

ODB_69;4118609

'Steve' - technically no rules broken on that one...its discussing the … 'Steve' - technically no rules broken on that one...its discussing the idea and not actually asking for anything as of yet. If you look through though comments are made about it being stopped at some point for the same reasons outlined

Maybe big chap, but no rules were broken in this one either. What I was getting at is that if we look at this post, the OP is only asking where his post went to, why didnt someone just point him to the "Where did my thread go?" link and be done with it.

Instead what happened was that everybody and their granny jumped on the OP and the word charity isnt even mentioned in his post description, nor is he directly asking for any contributions to be made to charity. He questioned why his post disappeared and the nature of that post.

Re the "THE HUKD MISC CHARITY SHOP", I'd see that as a clear breaking of rules as it doesnt actually exist and as far as other replies have stated, charity posts are against the rules (I know this one didnt actually exist at the time) but I'd have expected at least a mod to jump in and and say to the OP to amend the title to reflect something different as it implies a direct link between HUKD and the charity idea being discussed to be run from HUKD.

All I read from this post was a lynch mob mentality against another user. I never used to believe it but the more I see post replies like the ones in here, the more it appears to show itself as a bit cliquey.

lol @ 'Steve' btw....:thumbsup:

AugQX;4118427

What I gave was about a straight an answer as could've been given. Fair play though, in future, I will be sure to add large animated gifs featuring yellow and blue teddybears hugging to anything I post in a charity thread.

i tried to post about a charity that supports my children but got no where, it is a blanket spread rule

charity = no deal

if it was for georgia or zimbabwe it might have been accepted. as for people deflecting the matter to the situation in the UK, britain is complicate in the tragedy being inflicted on Palestinians, don't try to be too clever.

myaser88;4120626

if it was for georgia or zimbabwe it might have been accepted. as for … if it was for georgia or zimbabwe it might have been accepted. as for people deflecting the matter to the situation in the UK, britain is complicate in the tragedy being inflicted on Palestinians, don't try to be too clever.

Wrong thread. This OP is checking to see where his post went to.

Original Poster

It's like the meaning of charity is giving money away and only that..not saving lives or feeding the poor, and my thread was definitely not spam. Even if it was just one person that got a meal (which costs £1!) because of that thread, it would have been worth it. Rules are rules, but not necessarily so when there is a life and death situation at hand.

Banned

myaser88;4120626

if it was for georgia or zimbabwe it might have been accepted. as for … if it was for georgia or zimbabwe it might have been accepted. as for people deflecting the matter to the situation in the UK, britain is complicate in the tragedy being inflicted on Palestinians, don't try to be too clever.

:roll:

I swear you become more and more fundamental by the day

Banned

StevenA2000_uk;4118836

Maybe big chap, but no rules were broken in this one either. What I was … Maybe big chap, but no rules were broken in this one either. What I was getting at is that if we look at this post, the OP is only asking where his post went to, why didnt someone just point him to the "Where did my thread go?" link and be done with it. Instead what happened was that everybody and their granny jumped on the OP and the word charity isnt even mentioned in his post description, nor is he directly asking for any contributions to be made to charity. He questioned why his post disappeared and the nature of that post.Re the "THE HUKD MISC CHARITY SHOP", I'd see that as a clear breaking of rules as it doesnt actually exist and as far as other replies have stated, charity posts are against the rules (I know this one didnt actually exist at the time) but I'd have expected at least a mod to jump in and and say to the OP to amend the title to reflect something different as it implies a direct link between HUKD and the charity idea being discussed to be run from HUKD.All I read from this post was a lynch mob mentality against another user. I never used to believe it but the more I see post replies like the ones in here, the more it appears to show itself as a bit cliquey.lol @ 'Steve' btw....:thumbsup:

aye...se your point actually but I dont think there was anything wrong with DXX's post...short and straight to the point...I suppose it could come across harsh but tbh I didnt read it like that when I +1'd it, but OP has obvo taken it that way, though it didnt say charities it obvo is so that was my first thought..plus its better to ay 'not allowed' then make them wait for a mod response imo, but yeah I do see your point..

however...my imagination or was original post changed?

As for the other thread...yeah a mod probs could have posted to explain that..I didnt think of the link between that and HUKD so your defo right on that. I didnt see the OP's original post so I assume it was asking for donations, hence pulled whereas the other is discussing it but not at that time asking...though obvo this would have come soon but yeah this one was asking where not for cash so fair point but obvo this would have led to donations either way

lol...soz, cant help it..I see you as a Steve now :p..ti a good name, my Dads called it and hence its my middle name...

ODB_69;4121292

:roll:I swear you become more and more fundamental by the day

depends what you mean

Banned

myaser88;4121598

depends what you mean

I mean you bang on about what you see and not whats actualy going on...no need to bring Palestine etc into this thread

why change your quote anyway from saying you like to have fun to this??

You want to cause a row regarding anything remotely going on in Arabic territories wherever you go...tbh I couldnt give a monkeys if you wanna discus little green but stop bringing it up everywhere cause its getting dull

ODB_69;4121808

I mean you bang on about what you see and not whats actualy going on...no … I mean you bang on about what you see and not whats actualy going on...no need to bring Palestine etc into this threadwhy change your quote anyway from saying you like to have fun to this??You want to cause a row regarding anything remotely going on in Arabic territories wherever you go...tbh I couldnt give a monkeys if you wanna discus little green but stop bringing it up everywhere cause its getting dull

if it doesn't affect you, dont intefere.

Banned

myaser88;4121922

if it doesn't affect you, dont intefere.

yes it s...I see you bang on about it...it bores me, therefore it affects me! save it for the threads about it, not any random thead you feel it should go in...this thread is asking WHERE thread is...not the reasons for a thread

acecatcher3;4121743

u contribute nothing positive to this site.

KFC deal in positive numbers yet AC3? lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky Fibre Max22
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4562136
      3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1519
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…1011

See more discussions