Groups

Unsure about this...mods please delete if not allowed :)

Hi guys,
    I ive got a film that i have on my pc, its 4.4gb and want it writing to dvd (no its not illegally downloaded) my pc doesnt have a dvd re-writer but my dads does. How can i send the film to my dad, the max and email lets me do it 10 meg so id really appreciate your help on what to do
    Thank you

10 Comments

do you have a USB pen drive? Or a portable drive of some sort?

Original Poster

do you mean i could transfer it to a 2g sd? sorry, im thick :lol:
    Thats a fantastic idea, repped :thumbsup:

upload it to a site like megaupload
    then give him the link?

usb pen?!

i dont think you could put it onto a sd card unless you have a transfer cable, but even then it wouldnt transfer, best thing is to put it onto a usb pen drive, and take it round. drag and drop the file onto the pen and then drag drop onto your dads computer..... sorted!

Original Poster

Thanks so much for all of your help

You need something that is at least 4.4GB, e.g. an 8GB or 16GB USB memory stick or any portable hard disk drive with at least 4.4.GB of available space on it (an ipod would work also).

Even if you have 24 MB internet, I wouldn't advise trying to upload a file that large (the upload will probably be 1.3mb at most, more likely 0.3mb).

stratomaster;7387204

upload it to a site like megauploadthen give him the link?

lol a 4.4gb file?

Do you have a cd writer? If so use an archiving tool to archive it and split into files of

Original Poster

harlzter;7387574

Do you have a cd writer? If so use an archiving tool to archive it and … Do you have a cd writer? If so use an archiving tool to archive it and split into files of

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1214
      2. love affairs1337
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1861344
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927355

See more discussions