EXPIRED

Unusual lightbulb challenge

I am looking for a light bulb the same as the one in the link below for piece of medical equipment for the company I work for.

The people who supplied the equipment want £25.77 plus £24 shipping.

For a bulb!

media.digikey.com/pho…JPG

Please help

Steve

9 Comments

I would dismantle the bulb and solder in a 12V LED from maplin onto the base, once done it will last forever.
Edited by: "melipona" 20th Aug 2010

melipona

I would dismantle the bulb and solder in a 12V LED from maplin onto the … I would dismantle the bulb and solder in a 12V LED from maplin onto the base, once done it will last forever.

health and safety ? Also you may loose the warranty of the entire equipment if you do that and in case of any fire you can bet that the first thing that an insurance company will do, it will blame your light bulb

What!
Get real

I am real unfortunately ... it is unbelievable how many rules you have in Britain.... basically you are not allowed to do anything.

Sorry I have to disagree. Any competent electrician could risk assess this fault and effect a repair in the way I described. I had assumed that the product was out of warranty otherwise the repair would probably have been done by the manufacturer.

melipona: usually lightbulbs are spare parts they are not affected by warranty... A call out of an electrician will cost almost the same

Original Poster

thanks for all the responses. have now realsed mine has six spots round the centre not four
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. American Road Trip11
    2. Iptv810
    3. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
    4. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33

See more discussions