Unusual/Funny Housewarming Gift?!!

Found 11th Feb 2011
Hi

I am going to a flatwarming tonight, does anyone have an good ideas for a funny/unusual gift I can get? It's for a male (25) and female (27)....spend a max of £30. Work city centre Glasgow so anything I might be able to get there!

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

Toilet roll is always funny.

The traditional gifts are:
Bread- So you never go hungry.
Wine- So your life is always joyful.
Salt- So there is always spice in your life.
Candle- So you always have light.

george foreman .. grilling machine!

A bottle of champagne....'funny' gifts usually get put in a cupboard after the guest leaves

d-j mitch

The traditional gifts are: Bread- So you never go hungry.Wine- So your … The traditional gifts are: Bread- So you never go hungry.Wine- So your life is always joyful.Salt- So there is always spice in your life.Candle- So you always have light.

nice sentiment, but i would thank you for the wine and then show you the door.

wine, chocs, cream & condoms - usually bing a smile

Funny door mats

http://welcomedoormat.com/images/12810484791241588906816.jpeg

[img]t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwN6T572RBm5gtNJ0mzygx-Fp7x_SnRbCEZuNTXIhlDZbQt0pI[/img]

[img]t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIIxH-LTKMIsYntrTpS-y-6QoFnSi8PG209a_o-ZU2FrOdsPbO[/img]

[img]t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHmb8v1uKQ9S9Op66NIxvQUp7kju0Ryx9DSDYCZ54q1vhEp9Y8Gw[/img]

Original Poster

Some great ideas! Thanks! Like the idea of a doormat, will see what I can find! Got an 'all men are b*****ds knifeblock' for a housewarming gift before but don't know if you can still get them in the shops...it isn't in a cupboard and still used daily!

chunky

Some great ideas! Thanks! Like the idea of a doormat, will see what I can … Some great ideas! Thanks! Like the idea of a doormat, will see what I can find! Got an 'all men are b*****ds knifeblock' for a housewarming gift before but don't know if you can still get them in the shops...it isn't in a cupboard and still used daily!

you can get some fab novelty pizza cutters too - my OH is cycling mad and he got one of a bike for Christmas - its fab - maybe something like that and a pizza and wine ?

Door mat looks good just depends if you can find one in local shop today.

Original Poster

lucerysmum

you can get some fab novelty pizza cutters too - my OH is cycling mad and … you can get some fab novelty pizza cutters too - my OH is cycling mad and he got one of a bike for Christmas - its fab - maybe something like that and a pizza and wine ?

Yeh saw a wood cutter type one online...will take a look at a gadget shop in town!

chunky

Yeh saw a wood cutter type one online...will take a look at a gadget shop … Yeh saw a wood cutter type one online...will take a look at a gadget shop in town!

you could always get a couple of cheap bits inpoundland for a laugh ...... dishclothes,loo brush etc !

I think those knife blocks are about £50 ish anyway aren't they?

I like the scales door mat!

The only funny (sort of) gift we received was a Cheezy Cow from the Cow Parade collection, I don't know if you can still get them any more? It freaked me out a bit to start with, but I think its kinda quirky and funky now.. in a weird cheese/holey cow kinda way!

fred box

nice sentiment, but i would thank you for the wine and then show you the … nice sentiment, but i would thank you for the wine and then show you the door.

Original Poster

Nikki999

I think those knife blocks are about £50 ish anyway aren't they?I like … I think those knife blocks are about £50 ish anyway aren't they?I like the scales door mat! The only funny (sort of) gift we received was a Cheezy Cow from the Cow Parade collection, I don't know if you can still get them any more? It freaked me out a bit to start with, but I think its kinda quirky and funky now.. in a weird cheese/holey cow kinda way!

Yeh they are about £60 now but I managed to get one for myself and as a gift for £30 each locally, don't know if they still do them...will look at lunch

Not sure if this is their first place but, if so, why not get them a small toolkit? Either a ready made one or buy all the bits separately and put in a toolbox (you know, screwdrivers, cutters, hammer, picture hooks, that kind of thing). Might not be over-exciting but probably one of the most useful items they'll get!

Dave

Marina

Funny door mats

saw someone with this

tinyurl.com/fle…mat

double ended d*i*l*d*o ????
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57576
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle712