Up to £40 cashback when you spend £16.01+ at Tesco Mobile (via TCBl

Found 12th Dec 2017
Bit of an odd one, this...

Looks like you can get paid to buy a pay-as-you-go handset from Tesco, via Top Cashback.

2853256.jpg

Sounds silly - yet I can't see any evidence that it's not literally as daft as it looks!

Thought I'd share in case it's kind of free money 💰
Community Updates
47 Comments
Link isn't working, sorry
Original Poster
Agnes1231 m ago

Link isn't working, sorry

I think link got edited by mods - correct me if I'm wrong mods. This is it though, topcashback.co.uk/tes…le/
Cheers got the one with inbuilt camera for 16.99
Original Poster
/
chrisjdhuckle1 m ago

The Mobiwire?

I think the only real choice is that, or the Alcatel one. Strange deal if it tracks and all that.
Sorry to be a pain, but where are the handsets (I can only find payg)?
Or is that what you are supposed to do?
Please post a new working link as this link is dead. Thabkz
Original Poster
Agnes1231 m ago

Sorry to be a pain, but where are the handsets (I can only find payg)?Or …Sorry to be a pain, but where are the handsets (I can only find payg)?Or is that what you are supposed to do?

I think that's the only way you can buy handsets (in retail definition) these days, so yes I assume so

RichT371 m ago

Please post a new working link as this link is dead. Thabkz

Already done a few comments above
Are people really incapable of finding top cashback and then tesco moble without a link
chrisjdhuckle9 m ago

Which one is that?
howbord5 m ago

Are people really incapable of finding top cashback and then tesco moble …Are people really incapable of finding top cashback and then tesco moble without a link

I was being polite by letting them know.
chuffedfox6 m ago

I think that's the only way you can buy handsets (in retail definition) …I think that's the only way you can buy handsets (in retail definition) these days, so yes I assume soAlready done a few comments above

Thanks
Given it a go and ordered the Mobiwire
Original Poster
howbord1 m ago

Given it a go and ordered the Mobiwire

Same here.

No idea why it has been moved to a 'discussion' or caused such a mod meltdown. Puts you off posting things like this when it's thrown to one side like spam.
Has it tracked for anyone?
chuffedfox3 m ago

Same here.No idea why it has been moved to a 'discussion' or caused such a …Same here.No idea why it has been moved to a 'discussion' or caused such a mod meltdown. Puts you off posting things like this when it's thrown to one side like spam.

was wondering where the post had gone
Nabbed one, worrying tho that the thread has been moved ? The deal looked real to me, expect TCB to honour the deal?
Original Poster
bumbaclart5 m ago

Has it tracked for anyone?

Not had a notification quite yet.

If it doesn't track you could (if you were so inclined) return it for free I'm sure. I'm thinking that I might keep it as a spare/emergency for the sake of £16.99, as "modern" phones aren't quite as reliable as simple crappy phones when you need them the most!
Just got an e-mail from TCB promoting this deal and it is obviously on their site so dnt really see how they cant honour it
Also taken a screenshot of the TCB page just in case
Original Poster
howbord1 m ago

Also taken a screenshot of the TCB page just in case

I did that in the description too, although it's potentially quite vague
chuffedfox9 m ago

Not had a notification quite yet.If it doesn't track you could (if you …Not had a notification quite yet.If it doesn't track you could (if you were so inclined) return it for free I'm sure. I'm thinking that I might keep it as a spare/emergency for the sake of £16.99, as "modern" phones aren't quite as reliable as simple crappy phones when you need them the most!

Quite yet? You mean you've almost had a notification?
When I select buy now it opens a new link to tesco direct, wont this mess the topcashback?
Insane. I had too.
Original Poster
deeky14 m ago

Quite yet? You mean you've almost had a notification?

As in they say these things usually track within an hour, and it's not been an hour yet
Original Poster
Thegodlybbq15 m ago

When I select buy now it opens a new link to tesco direct, wont this mess …When I select buy now it opens a new link to tesco direct, wont this mess the topcashback?

I did wonder, but I assume not (as it's surely made that way?)
I'm not sure this will work, When selecting and clicking buy now on any of the pay as you go handset it opens a new tab in tesco direct, surely the purchase must be made within the topcashback tab and in tesco mobile basket/website?
it's tempting to try, but my gut is telling me this is for contracts(up front costs? or monthly costs?)
Edited by: "athunder" 12th Dec 2017
chuffedfox13 m ago

I did wonder, but I assume not (as it's surely made that way?)

Or maybe its correct but topcashback didn't know that handset purchases redirect you to tesco direct rather than purchasing it through tesco mobile. either way I don't think this will track as the purchase is made in a new tab, but super heat if this does indeed track.
Original Poster
Thegodlybbq5 m ago

Or maybe its correct but topcashback didn't know that handset purchases …Or maybe its correct but topcashback didn't know that handset purchases redirect you to tesco direct rather than purchasing it through tesco mobile. either way I don't think this will track as the purchase is made in a new tab, but super heat if this does indeed track.

It may be the case, will keep an eye on it for now and let you know if it tracks or not
It went to Tesco Mobile for me not Tesco direct
anthea24 m ago

It went to Tesco Mobile for me not Tesco direct

Which phone did you purchase? And did you select it from the pay as you go handset section? When you clicked on buy now did it not take you to tesco direct basket?
Edited by: "Thegodlybbq" 12th Dec 2017
Original Poster
Thegodlybbq22 m ago

Which phone did you purchase? And did you select it from the pay as you go …Which phone did you purchase? And did you select it from the pay as you go handset section? When you clicked on buy now did it not take you to tesco direct basket?

Obviously you're not asking me, but I've checked a few and they all go to Tesco Direct.

I'm wondering if it's inconsequential, or just very badly worded on TCB.

Either way, you can still cancel it before despatch if it looks to not be tracking.
Well I needed a spare mobile and have indeed ordered, I’ve taken a screenshot of the tcb. Can’t see why they wouldn’t honour it, tesco mobile or tesco direct, same company afterall.
Original Poster
Thegodlybbq20 m ago

Well I needed a spare mobile and have indeed ordered, I’ve taken a s …Well I needed a spare mobile and have indeed ordered, I’ve taken a screenshot of the tcb. Can’t see why they wouldn’t honour it, tesco mobile or tesco direct, same company afterall.

Well, yes. And it's bought via the same direct route advertised.

Furthermore, I couldn't see any evidence of any contract phones with up front costs of less than £60, which would make most of the "offers" irrelevant, if it were for that kind of context.
chuffedfox9 h, 44 m ago

Well, yes. And it's bought via the same direct route …Well, yes. And it's bought via the same direct route advertised.Furthermore, I couldn't see any evidence of any contract phones with up front costs of less than £60, which would make most of the "offers" irrelevant, if it were for that kind of context.

Tracked yet?
Anyone actually bothered email them to find out?
Original Poster
bumbaclart2 h, 31 m ago

Tracked yet?

superspeedy1 h, 59 m ago

Anyone actually bothered email them to find out?

Not seen anything - I got £2.80 or so of cashback for doing a quote on Confused.com last night which has tracked already, so Tesco is either slow or not happening for me. Have contacted them for clarity, as I can't find anything else that it would 'make sense' for the deal to mean.
Not tracked yet either
It wont track! Very poor wording on part of TCB.

Its for CONTRACTS when you buy it WITH handset as oppsed to SIM only contract. The value is the monthly contrcat eg over £16.01 per month contract will track at & pay out £40
Edited by: "tmohammad" 13th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions