If you’re one of our many app users, we wanted to give you a quick heads up to let you know we’re making some changes to our app navigation.
This is currently in beta testing, but change will happen when you move to the next update (version 6.00).
To test the beta now, you can follow these instructions
Android: android-testers.hotukdeals.com/Before making these changes we sought out and acted on lots of feedback from users via surveys in UK, Germany and France, and performed usability tests. By providing us with feedback and suggestions, you’re directly helping to shape the future of our app. We hope these updates will improve your experience using our app and make it much easier for you to find what you're looking for - and of course this isn't the end, we will continue making further tweaks and improvements Changes for both apps...Settings:
One key piece of feedback provided to us by app users was that they found it hard to find their settings. We’ve made this more accessible by shifting it into the top menu (the burger / side menu).
Additionally, whichever feature you’re using, you'll now be able to adjust the settings for that feature directly from the page you're on; so for example if you’re in your notifications, you can open the top menu to adjust your notification settings. We felt this was a more logical way for users to effectively manage their settings for each of our app features.Alerts:
Managing your Keyword Alerts is now a bit easier - open your profile; if you’re on iOS you’ll see a “Manage Alerts” prompt and on Android, you’ll see a button. You’ll also find your saved deals within your profile.Navigation:
Both iOS and Android users will find the burger menu has been updated to create a more coherent way of navigating and accessing the rest of the app sections.Submitting deals:
At the top of the screen, both iOS and Android users will find the “Add” button, allowing Deals or Discussions to be easily added from wherever the user is in the app.
For iOS users...
For Android users...
- We improved the bottom navigation to help users easily access the sections they use the most, including notifications, profile (including saved deals and keyword alerts).
- We also added the search and inbox / Daily Picks to the bottom navigation. You'll still have direct access to groups via the search so you can explore the topics you care about most. Also, discussions can now be accessed from the burger menu.
- The burger menu itself has been reorganised to help users easily discover Groups and Discussion Groups, helping you to quickly find deals and conversations you might be interested in.
- We added the bottom navigation to help users easily access the sections they use the most, including notifications, profile (including saved deals and keyword alerts).
- We also added the search and inbox / Daily Picks to the bottom navigation. Furthermore, this change will allow users to quickly navigate back to the homepage once they’ve finished exploring.
- The burger menu has been reorganised to help users easily discover Groups and Discussion Groups, so you can quickly find deals and conversations you might be interested in.
We’re looking forward to hearing what you think!