Upcoming PayPal charge / can I cancel at the bank ? Scam site

Posted 24th Mar
I have been charged a subscription with no warning or system generated email.
They always sent these out in advance but clearly knowing People won’t be renewing & cancelling their subscriptions, they decided to cancel the upcoming charge warning & just take funds.

It’s a automated setup on PayPal where they charge my debit card at the bank, The transaction has gone through on PayPal but still doesn’t show up on my bank account. Guess it takes a few days for the direct debit to go through to the bank , or I guess it’s a standing order, it’s over 40£

Is there anyway I can cancel this at the bank to stop the payment ?

Anyone know what PayPal would do if I stop the transaction at the bank ( nationwide )
Can’t believe they are trying to profit at a time like this when people are struggling day to day.

Any help / advice would be appropriated.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
If it's a direct debit, might have been authorised already, will show up in next few days

Don't think you can cancel debit/credit card payments.
Ask Paypal is the best way
You may be directed back to the vendor taking the funds.

I had big rows with one of my credit card companies last year, short story is someone hacked my sportsdirect account and purchased some gift cards. I noticed the transaction and it was pending so I asked my CC to put a block on it as it was unauthorised and I did not want it paid else the scammer would receive the gift cards (email instantly). They told me they couldn't do that as the money had not actually left my account and I would have to speak to the retailer to try and cancel. In my eyes absolute madness as I had noticed the fraudulent activity and advised them, they seemed not to really care and left me to deal with the retailer (which to their credit, they simply cancelled the order!)
Palwan24/03/2020 13:58

If it's a direct debit, might have been authorised already, will show up …If it's a direct debit, might have been authorised already, will show up in next few days Don't think you can cancel debit/credit card payments.Ask Paypal is the best way

I don’t think it’s a direct debit through PayPal. It’s a subscription that renews Periodically, every few months, only difference this time round no advance warning where previously there would sent a couple of notices in advance.

PayPal customer service is closed.called them due to covid-19 they are closed.

It’s just showing on PayPal but nothing shows on bank account yet. Never done this before so not sure what the best way is
BigStart24/03/2020 14:34

I don’t think it’s a direct debit through PayPal. It’s a subscription that …I don’t think it’s a direct debit through PayPal. It’s a subscription that renews Periodically, every few months, only difference this time round no advance warning where previously there would sent a couple of notices in advance.PayPal customer service is closed.called them due to covid-19 they are closed.It’s just showing on PayPal but nothing shows on bank account yet. Never done this before so not sure what the best way is

paypal has a direct debit set up though they can debit your account with this, unless your funding via card
murtgurge24/03/2020 18:00

paypal has a direct debit set up though they can debit your account with …paypal has a direct debit set up though they can debit your account with this, unless your funding via card

So it’s setup using my debit card which is connected to my bank account
I'm sure there is a way to cancel subscription payments by clicking the right buttons on Paypal. Can't remember exactly but I did it a few years ago.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants