Update: Lenovo UK eventually shipped my Legion laptop only today,after my threatening call to CS and by mentioning shaming on HUKD

Posted 8th Jun 2023
Following from my previous discussion here:

hotukdeals.com/share-deal-from-app/4140580

First of all thanks to for sharing his legislative knowledge and guidance in the previous discussion.

I'm posting again about Lenovo first because I need to vent out my frustration somehow and second to share the ongoing situation and possibly to have further opinions and advise.

Since my order of an Ethernet accessory (arrived in 4-5 days) and of my Legion slim 7i gen8 on the 18th of May, Lenovo updated the delivery dates several times moving it forward from the 25th of May to the 2nd, the 5th, the 8th and yesterday updated to the 14th of June..

I've been calling them at every change of delivery date (BTW, they only sent me 1 email about the first change of delivery date and not at every subsequent change,as supposed to be done on their side),asking for the reason: because it's a custom configuration was their answer.
Till now they only charged my credit card for the £9 adapter that was already delivered, not yet £1470 for the laptop. The laptop was supposed to be shipped from The Netherlands and taking further 7-8 days from shipping day. At this point,1 hour ago in my last call, I told them that I would have cancelled my order and would have exposed their incompetence here on HUKD, which counts at least 3 millions of users AFAIK. I told them I had other 2 laptops choices from Asus and ready to buy from real shops and that I would have cancelled my order,should the shipping date change once again.
I have to say this time they really pissed me off and the CS clearly got the message...and I'm happy to share with you guys that after that phone call the shipping date "magically" changed to "order shipped" and that my laptop would arrive by the 12th now,according to UPS tracking confirmation .

All of this to say that I think that mentioning HUKD exposure along with order cancellation with a pinch of outraged frustration did the trick. I don't think that they deliver the laptop from China as someone thought and also that it normally should take so long for whichever of their configuration of Laptops or else,I think they're saying BS and take their time maybe to save on delivery or for other obscure reasons. Regardless, putting pressure on them might get you some results..

Will update once (fingers crossed) I will have received my laptop.

EDIT: I was wrong,apparently the laptop comes from China,screenshot attached from UPS tracking. That means they are liars or utterly incompetent, as every time when I asked them if also the laptop was coming from The Netherlands as the accessory did, they repeatedly said that it was indeed.

4147432-0CP0w.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    UPS provides the fulfillment operation to Lenovo and Netherlands is a major distribution hub for them, apart from their Cologne and East Midlands cargo hubs (plus Hanover in the near future). Lenovo CS is unlikely to know much about it other than telling you what the UPS system tells them. There is no conspiracy here.
    It is quite easy to take things personally when it is nothing more than an automated process. I read it all the time on here & probably been guilty of it myself, I say probably but I know I have on couple of occasions.

However, the real problem lies when people do interfere with your customer service in a deliberate manner & that is only likely to occur if you are being rude or aggressive. Bad customer service is normally just a bad system or a system that is overwhelmed the latter of which happens often on HUKDs when companies are bombed with thousands of orders for one product.
    Author
    They didn't have a clue,at least until they risked something in terms of profits and reputation,only then a customer would have had a chance of getting what he was promised in the first place. Obviously that happened only after all the courteous and respectful previous communications occurred; you could still pass the message across of being fed up without being rude,simply by stating clearly how resolute about your actions.
    It's quite a mystery to me why managers and cs reps didn't know why it was taking forever. If the laptop was actually meant to be shipped later due to problems and many other orders in the queue then they wouldn't have rectified after today's call what I think it was another kind of problem. I wanted even to pay for expedite delivery and they couldn't do anything about it or know if possible with UPS. You either know your job after being trained or you don't. Buying from Aliexpress wouldn't be much different in terms of waiting time it seems to me..
    Anyway let's see in the next few days how things will go. (edited)
    Your understanding of what the CS folks can actually see on their screen is unrealistic. They, for example, have no visibility into PSI (Production - Sales - Inventory) numbers. Only after the PSI data is released and items are tagged to specific orders (and loaded into shipment manifests) is when they see the status of your order. Until then, status is "under production". (edited)
    Effectively, you've shamed them again.
    Maybe the delivery route to UK does indeed include NL, so the unidentified American-jurisdiction UK-legislation-flouting seller can benefit from some potential quasi tax / import break by suggesting to gullible authorities that the first owner/recipient is NL-based?
    This may be a plausible MO for an operation that has chosen to actively remove its GB tax ID and company disclosures from its UK webstore, and is clearly not phased at local legislation that otherwise requires such info to be present and clearly displayed.
    Who knows?

Best bet would be to hope the delivery has not arrived on your doorstep by few seconds into Sun 18 June 2023 when you can then notify the credit provider (and unidentified American-jurisdiction UK-legislation-flouting seller) of your contract cancellation for full refund.
    That is lucky.

Personally I known quite a few managers & supervisors that would put threatening customers at the bottom of the pile.

Well done Lenovo.
    Author
    Just to update, my laptop arrived this morning,so 6 days from China. I will test it in the following days as soon as I have a Win11 to install. If I hadn't pushed them I would have waited for much longer I guess.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants