Groups

*** UPDATE!! *** My Ps3 Just died!!!!!!!!!!! :(

So i was just playing Batman arkham asylum for the past 2-3 hours, all of a sudden my ps3 shuts off.... Turn it back on and its the flashing yellow light of death, What shall i do? is there any way Sony will replace my original 60gb ps3 i still have receipt

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...........

RIP PS3

38 Comments

No Xbox 360 fanboys getting a Xbox 360 won't help.

Ring sony up but I doubt it then complain to watchdog lol.

I would phone them up before you take action. As a yellow light of death is overheating. Depends how much you use the ps2 function on it. Whether you take another replacement. Blu-ray drives don't last that long on these. I had mine replaced on my 60gb beginning of this year.

Some people have actually fixe it, check AV forum, call Sony first though.

Original Poster

Anyone got a number for Uk ps3 contact number preferably free also

Banned

Tobes19;6363323

Anyone got a number for Uk ps3 contact number preferably free also

would you like the lottery numbers also?

oh man ps3s are so durable

Original Poster

dimebars;6363336

yeah good comparisant tw@ :thumbsup:

dimebars;6363336

Tobes19;6363385

yeah good comparisant tw@ :thumbsup:

well I thought it was funny :thumbsup:

08705998877 Sony Playstation Customer Service.

Watch dog have done a report on this, could contact them to add to there campain to get get Sony to be more helpfull in getting these fixed!
    bbc.co.uk/blo…tml

leilahfun;6363465

Watch dog have done a report on this, could contact them to add to there … Watch dog have done a report on this, could contact them to add to there campain to get get Sony to be more helpfull in getting these fixed!http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/09/playstation3_and_the_yellow_li.html

This thread gets funnier :-D

Celticsun;6363511

This thread gets funnier :-D

Well some helpfull input you sure give :whistling:

leilahfun;6363550

Well some helpfull input you sure give :whistling:

Don't need to, Adam sorted it in the first couple of posts.

Mediccc!, we need a mediccc!!, man down
    We need CPR

My friend dropped his ps3 and they repaired it free. Ring them.

#Let us know how you get on mate good luck :thumbsup:

i think they charge about £130 to fix out of warranty

hopefully sony will fix them for free after the watchdog tv programme

damage limitation

Banned

Tobes19;6363385

comparisant

Eh?

What's that when it's at home?

the_asian_thug;6364300

i think they charge about £130 to fix out of warranty

for another £50 he can get a new 80GB one!

£130 is very steep

Adam2050;6363297

I would phone them up before you take action. As a yellow light of death … I would phone them up before you take action. As a yellow light of death is overheating. Depends how much you use the ps2 function on it. Whether you take another replacement. Blu-ray drives don't last that long on these. I had mine replaced on my 60gb beginning of this year.

So the overheating occurs mainly if you play PS2 games on it?

the silm ones supposed to better, or is it too early to tell?

jasonrat;6364317

hopefully sony will fix them for free after the watchdog tv … hopefully sony will fix them for free after the watchdog tv programmedamage limitation

I don't think it will happen though as they can't afford it. :-(

My Ps3 Just died!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, so did everybody elses dude....

hassony;6369424

So the overheating occurs mainly if you play PS2 games on it?the silm … So the overheating occurs mainly if you play PS2 games on it?the silm ones supposed to better, or is it too early to tell?

No the overheating is nothing to do with ps2 function.

Adam2050;6369645

No the overheating is nothing to do with ps2 function.

ok, I am not bothered about playing PS2 games anyway

Is the slim one better with regards to heating issues than the 80GB one?

hassony;6369732

ok, I am not bothered about playing PS2 games anywayIs the slim one … ok, I am not bothered about playing PS2 games anywayIs the slim one better with regards to heating issues than the 80GB one?

Too early to tell.........should know about this time next year.

I guess It should be ok as long as I don't use it 12 hours a day and keep it in a well ventilated position

Syzable;6369744

Too early to tell.........should know about this time next year.

Agree. Tbh I would go with a fat one from the looks of peoples reviews.

If I find the 80GB one somewhere cheap I'll go for it, but they seem to be selling like hot potato (how come we never get any good deals on hot potato on here?)

hassony;6369802

If I find the 80GB one somewhere cheap I'll go for it, but they seem to … If I find the 80GB one somewhere cheap I'll go for it, but they seem to be selling like hot potato (how come we never get any good deals on hot potato on here?)

Because they are always half baked deals. :w00t:

:oops::oops:

Syzable;6369814

Because they are always half baked deals. :w00t: :oops::oops:

BOOM BOOM.:w00t:

Adam2050;6369791

Agree. Tbh I would go with a fat one from the looks of peoples reviews.

What reviews? From what I can see the new one is better the only difference being no alternative OS Support

Original Poster

UPDATE!!!
    In the end Sony would not budge at the £128 price of a refurb, so i decided to fix it myself using a hairdryer!!
    I got it working again and decided to trade it in, in case it breaks again,
    Got a slim, extra 3 year warranty, and need for speed shift (which im gonna trade in) ALL FOR AN EXTRA £90

Banned

Tobes19;6427804

UPDATE!!!In the end Sony would not budge at the £128 price of a refurb, … UPDATE!!!In the end Sony would not budge at the £128 price of a refurb, so i decided to fix it myself using a hairdryer!! I got it working again and decided to trade it in, in case it breaks again,Got a slim, extra 3 year warranty, and need for speed shift (which im gonna trade in) ALL FOR AN EXTRA £90

Very dishonest of you!

Tobes19;6427804

UPDATE!!!In the end Sony would not budge at the £128 price of a refurb, … UPDATE!!!In the end Sony would not budge at the £128 price of a refurb, so i decided to fix it myself using a hairdryer!! I got it working again and decided to trade it in, in case it breaks again,Got a slim, extra 3 year warranty, and need for speed shift (which im gonna trade in) ALL FOR AN EXTRA £90

Why I never like to buy a 2nd hand console from places like game, gamestation etc..... :roll:

Mines just broken an hour ago, bad times

munnski;6427917

Why I never like to buy a 2nd hand console from places like game, … Why I never like to buy a 2nd hand console from places like game, gamestation etc..... :roll:

Don't they give a years warranty? Where gives a better warranty than Game/Gamestation?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3341199
      2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…2044
      3. What is there free to do in your town?1422
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…57

See more discussions