Update your iPhone to fix security flaw and prevent hacks over Wi-Fi

Found 20th Jul 2017
You may want to update your iPhone sooner rather than later. On Wednesday, Apple released an update to stop fix an issue with the Wi-Fi chip in the iPhone, which could give hackers / cyber criminals access .

Apple iOS 10.3.3 is available now: What Is Included?

The update addresses vulnerabilities with your Contacts, Messages, Notifications, Safari , Wifi, WebKit and more. Find all details at Apple

It's great Apple have adressed the problem and issued a fix, but it won't do you any good unless you actually update your phone, so hop to it

Source
Community Updates
MisciPhone
Top comments
Very happy with android ta
27 Comments
Still happy with IOS 11 beta 3
Wongy110

GET OUT
Edited by: "nathan3007" 20th Jul 2017
Best way to update an iPhone is to throw it away and buy a decent phone
Error440

Excellent advice as always there Error, long may your pearls of wisdom continue to benefit all of HUKD
Wongy11015 h, 11 m ago

Lol android ftw.
You realise it affected Android too right?
Waiting for the inevitable .. " this update has affected my battery , camera, sound , wifi drop, etc etc " like every apple update
Non stop battery draining issues since the last update
northerngeezer5 m ago

Non stop battery draining issues since the last update

Probably hackers pinging now the wifi flaw is sealed lol
Just done, was on 10.3.3 beta, seems quicker
Really don't get the Apple haters, I've had 3 Androids and every time couldn't wait to get another Apple, so it not that I haven't used them.
trickyb1967

Really don't get the Apple haters, I've had 3 Androids and every time … Really don't get the Apple haters, I've had 3 Androids and every time couldn't wait to get another Apple, so it not that I haven't used them.

poor people aka fandroids love to hate (_;)
Wow and here I was thinking only children with consoles are this childish
Edited by: "mc_lines" 22nd Jul 2017
plodging

Waiting for the inevitable .. " this update has affected my battery , … Waiting for the inevitable .. " this update has affected my battery , camera, sound , wifi drop, etc etc " like every apple update

So true, I would google potential update issues forst before going ahead ppl
Edited by: "xzibit" 22nd Jul 2017
wozukSilencer

poor people aka fandroids love to hate (_;)

Nah we just think its side splittingly funny the amount of cash you lot waste to be trapped in the restrictive confines of istore and how hard you try to justify that your piece of cheapo tech made in China really is worth 3x the price of everything else made in the same factories with the same components.
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 22nd Jul 2017
Love my IPhone & wouldn't change it for the word!! And definitely would not DOWNGRADE I repeat DOWNGRADE X)
Edited by: "Trece" 22nd Jul 2017
Error440

Nah we just think its side splittingly funny the amount of cash you lot … Nah we just think its side splittingly funny the amount of cash you lot waste to be trapped in the restrictive confines of istore and how hard you try to justify that your piece of cheapo tech made in China really is worth 3x the price of everything else made in the same factories with the same components.

i use android and ios and ios is far better no debating . its you that is trying to justify your pathetic comment about ' throw it away and buy a decent phone '' what like a samsung s8 which is similar in price ???
if you are happy with your cheapo xiami or whatever there called good for you but , the flagships for android and iphone are similiar in price so your point is mute .
wozukSilencer

i use android and ios and ios is far better no debating . its you that is … i use android and ios and ios is far better no debating . its you that is trying to justify your pathetic comment about ' throw it away and buy a decent phone '' what like a samsung s8 which is similar in price ??? if you are happy with your cheapo xiami or whatever there called good for you but , the flagships for android and iphone are similiar in price so your point is mute .

My points not mute if you spend over £400 on a phone you are a mug its completely down to vanity to do things like that
deleted79467
Error440

My points not mute if you spend over £400 on a phone you are a mug its … My points not mute if you spend over £400 on a phone you are a mug its completely down to vanity to do things like that

if its your own money up to you what you choose to spend it on
Edited by: "deleted79467" 23rd Jul 2017
mattmerch

if its your own money up to you what you choose to spend it on

And this is hot deals where people fight over a £99 Polaroid TV, if you are so inclined as to have a superiority complex over a unix based piece of electronic equipment made in a Chinese sweatshop, your on the wrong site.

Fact is a phone is a phone, your paying to have a logo on it in the same way kids in the 80s had a "thing" about what name was written on the side of their trainers. This fashion is all rather vulgar in the great scheme of things especially if you throw them away by "upgrading" when they are still in perfect working order or just need a reset or new battery.
Error440

My points not mute if you spend over £400 on a phone you are a mug its … My points not mute if you spend over £400 on a phone you are a mug its completely down to vanity to do things like that

it is mute , the xiami are great budget phones but dont compare to the flagships on ios and android for os , updates , build quality , screen quality etc the list goes on
there is no need to hate is there ? you was willing to spend £200 but for £400 u would have a better and longer experience as the cheaper phone would run like a slug in a years time. then you would have to buy a new phone again .......
who's the mug then ??
deleted79467
wozukSilencer

it is mute , the xiami are great budget phones but dont compare to the … it is mute , the xiami are great budget phones but dont compare to the flagships on ios and android for os , updates , build quality , screen quality etc the list goes on there is no need to hate is there ? you was willing to spend £200 but for £400 u would have a better and longer experience as the cheaper phone would run like a slug in a years time. then you would have to buy a new phone again .......who's the mug then ??

ssshhh lets not get facts involved remember this is the interweb
wozukSilencer

it is mute , the xiami are great budget phones but dont compare to the … it is mute , the xiami are great budget phones but dont compare to the flagships on ios and android for os , updates , build quality , screen quality etc the list goes on there is no need to hate is there ? you was willing to spend £200 but for £400 u would have a better and longer experience as the cheaper phone would run like a slug in a years time. then you would have to buy a new phone again .......who's the mug then ??

Run like a slug? Why would they do that unless they are over loaded with bloatware.

Build quality its the same factories in China where people get paid a pittance to work in unsafe conditions, screen quality etc all the same just stock parts.

Its just a phone.
deleted79467
Error440

Run like a slug? Why would they do that unless they are over loaded with … Run like a slug? Why would they do that unless they are over loaded with bloatware.Build quality its the same factories in China where people get paid a pittance to work in unsafe conditions, screen quality etc all the same just stock parts.Its just a phone.

Xiaomi camera not a patch on flagship phones even though you claim they are made in same factories with same components by the same people
Edited by: "deleted79467" 24th Jul 2017
trickyb196722nd Jul

Really don't get the Apple haters, I've had 3 Androids and every time …Really don't get the Apple haters, I've had 3 Androids and every time couldn't wait to get another Apple, so it not that I haven't used them.

I've had 2 Microsoft Nokias, dumped in both OS - one mid way through Windows 10 upgrade updates. I've had several Androids for back up hotspot, TV/Media remote for the lounge, one I used for under a year, and a 5S last year and now a 6S.

My round up is: Android sucks, staggered OS releases to allow manufacturers more money from sales and thus major support for Google from all sources except consumer, consumers are treated like Blackberry & Windows Phone 7/8 (no wonder Microsoft is going the Apple updates route for 10) and forced to upgrade hardware - not good for pockets or environment.

MicroSoft - as above mentioned, a shambles but the OS is perfect for smartphone beginners, also it will with Windows 10 help all them billions of desktop/laptop/tablet users transition much easier to a smartphone, also the fact you can resize icons is a feature exclusive to MS, Apple & Android should do such given accessibility is much improved for eyesight or dexterity.

Apple OS back in the day of 3GS the OS was more restricted than Threes walled 'internet' garden, I hated both!! Now I love both, freedom and flexibility.

Frankly Windows Mobile 10 and Surface Phone is the only competion upcoming to Apple OS, Android will forever be messy with hundreds of manufacturers and there own take on Android.

Microsoft will bundle desktop and mobile to licenced manufacturers, the remit of Windows Mobile licensing really does restrict like Apple what manufacturers can do to the OS and continuity applies, continuity between desktop and mobile is where Windows 10 is heading to billions of users and Apple can't compete on that level, Microsoft just needs to tweak W10 and get great mobile hardware - that is not impossible, it's just been too slow so far.

Apple OS really is now the dogs bollocks, Microsoft is slowly getting there, And(r)avoid will forever be fragmented, default by design (all to enforce sales to update the OS)...too many cooks spoil the broath.

I hated Apple OS, I'm a convert, future wise Microsoft will be excellent. For now Apple is leading on OS, but things change, and 18 months to two years Microsoft will bounce up to competition from Apple - how will I swing then ? Who knows but Apple is taking up me to that point, that's a certain
deleted1431257
Error440

Or to not get a Samsung and their turd TouchWiz
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 24th Jul 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants