* Updated * List of Free to Play Nintendo Switch Games ( Including Pokémon Café Mix, Ninjala )

Posted 21st JunEdited by:"pirate1"
Thought it might be good to have an up to date list of free to play games on the Switch, there's some fairly decent titles here which some people might not be aware of. Updated 21.7.20 to include new additions including Fantasy Strike, Ninjala and Pokémon Café Mix.

I've also updated the list of free NES and SNES games that are included with NSO membership below.

Any additions or corrections are welcome. Percentage scores are metacritic reviews ( where available ).

Arena of Valor79%
Asphalt 9: Legends61%. 1-4 Players
Brawlhalla71%. 1-4 Players
Color Zen
Coloring Book
Dawn of the Breakers
Dauntless73%
DC Universe Online73%
DELTARUNE Chapter 180%
Eternal Card Game
Fallout Shelter61%
Fantasy Strike75%
Tennis 1920s
The Elder Scrolls: Blades
The Pinball Arcade
Warface
Warframe86%
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions74%
Zaccaria Pinbal. 1-4 Players
51 Worldwide Games: Local Multiplayer Guest Edition ( 1-2 Players )

Don't forget, that with a Nintendo Switch Online Membership you can play all of these SNES and NES classics for Free too.

SNES :

Brawl Brothers, Demon's Crest, Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics, Kirby's Dream Land 3, Star Fox, Super E.D.F. Earth Defense Force, Super Mario Kart, Yoshi's Island, Super Puyo Puyo 2, Super Tennis, Breath of Fire, F-Zero, Kirby's Dream Course, Pilotwings, Stunt Race FX, Super Ghouls'n Ghosts, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Super Soccer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, Operation Logic Bomb, Wild Guns, Panel de Pon. Donkey Kong Country, Natsume Championship Wrestling.

NES:

Adventures of Lolo, Balloon Fight, Baseball, Blaster Master, City Connection, Clu Clu Land, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong 3, Donkey Kong Jr, Double Dragon, Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Dr. Mario, Excitebike, Ghosts'nGoblins, Gradius, Ice Climber, Ice Hockey, Kung-Fu Heroes, Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure, Mario Bros., Metroid, Mighty Bomb Jack, NES Open Tournament Golf, Ninja Gaiden, Punch Out, Pro Wrestling, River City Ransom, Rygar, Soccer, Solomon's Key, Star Soldier, StarTropics, Super Dodge Ball, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels, Tecmo Bowl, Tennis, The Legend of Zelda, TwinBee, Vice: Project Doom, Volleyball, VS. Excitebike, Wario's Woods, Wrecking Crew, Yoshi, Zelda II: The Adventures of Link, The Immortal.

The Subscription also includes Tetris 99 for free too.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

7 Comments
Apex legends on its way too
If I play Fortnite, do I need a switch online account?
If I do, can I play on my account and my son play in his account at other times? (Or will this require a family switch online account, please?
CharlesCarmichael21/06/2020 22:52

If I play Fortnite, do I need a switch online account? If I do, can I play …If I play Fortnite, do I need a switch online account? If I do, can I play on my account and my son play in his account at other times? (Or will this require a family switch online account, please?

You don't need the subscription for Fortnite
nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/Nintendo-Switch-Online/Nintendo-Switch-Online-Service-FAQ-1442566.html

" Some games, such as Fortnite, can be played online without a Nintendo Switch Online membership."
Edited by: "pirate1" 21st Jun
Brilliant. If I chose a single user license, then, if I needed to upgrade later on, do I top up the difference or do I need a full subscription?
I think a single user account will give me all I need, as we only have one switch. (But maybe a few people playing on it)
hat_ok_dear21/06/2020 22:38

Apex legends on its way too

Yeah, looking forward to it. There's no date or listing for it yet so I'll add it nearer the time.
CharlesCarmichael21/06/2020 23:00

Brilliant. If I chose a single user license, then, if I needed to upgrade …Brilliant. If I chose a single user license, then, if I needed to upgrade later on, do I top up the difference or do I need a full subscription?I think a single user account will give me all I need, as we only have one switch. (But maybe a few people playing on it)

nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/Information-on-Changing-a-Nintendo-Switch-Online-Membership-Type-Individual-or-Family--1434291.html

" If you already have an individual membership and want to upgrade to a family membership, you can use the remaining days of your Nintendo Switch Online individual membership as a discount to purchase a family membership, up to the full cost of the family membership.

The value of your discount is based on the number of remaining days in your individual membership."
Edited by: "pirate1" 21st Jun
Thanks @pirate1
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants