Groups

UPDATED - play.com seller account - problem buyer

just sold a nintendo ds via sell and trade on play website after posting it this afternoon

received a email about 10 mins ago from buyer saying if she doesn't like it can i send it back to you.console was described as in box manual charger wrist strap, one stylus, edge ds no memory card no games and in silver colour sold for £70

am i suppose to accept returns if buyer changes her mind or doesn't like the item
    can play.com get involved if i don't refund her if she keeps the item

16 Comments

you dont have to accept the return if u dnt want to

4.2.17 When selling items to consumers (as opposed to traders in the … 4.2.17 When selling items to consumers (as opposed to traders in the course of their business), you must inform them of your returns policy and their withdrawal rights. We strongly recommend that you seek further information regarding consumer’s statutory rights under the laws of the country where he is based

Did you do this ?

Only if you are a registered business seller. If not then tell her to take a running jump (or no :-D )

Original Poster

not a business seller just private

would get an email from her asking exactly waht she meant by "don't like it", might be helpful if it suddenly becomes "damaged" when she checks the rules..

Original Poster

Hi,

I did not know you have to get a micro card too. Can you tell me where to buy one from.

Also if I change my mind about not keeping the Ds how do I send it back to you please. Actually I think I will send it straight back.

Regards

Just email saying you listed and will be sending a working product. You do not offer returns due to the "try at home" nature of his.her comments.

If the buyer does insist on returning the DS, tell her that this is fine, but you will be deducting the cost of the fees you incurred and the original postage costs (as the return was due to the buyer changing their mind, and not through a fault of your own). I've spoken to Playtrade CS about this before, and they've agreed that it would be fine as I shouldn't be left out of pocket from the buyer changing their mind.

I've done this in the past with a couple of playtrade sales, and both times the buyer has then decided to keep the item

Never had a problem on eBay (where I've sold 100s of things), but find some buyers on Play (I've sold about 40 things on there) to be an absolute nightmare.

Original Poster

sold for 70
    got 68 10 in play trade account
    postage was 6.70 due to value

Original Poster

update

buy opened ticket with play

The buyer has supplied the following comment:

Hi, I thought was buying a new one and when I open up the parcel, the box inside is damaged and tape all round the box. The Console has got lots of stratches over it. I brought this thinking it was new console and its a present for a child. I cant give it to the child for christmas in the state its in. I am very dissappointed with it. Its damaged goods. I would like a refund some that I can buy another console please.

Original Poster

my original listing

Item : Nintendo DS Silver Console (Dual Screen)
    Order : 189228840
    Order Date : 11/11/2009
    Condition : Used - Average
    Comment : PAL REGION
    HAS WEAR ON TEAR ON OUTERSHELL
    HAS HAD THE TOP SCREEN REPLACED
    COMES WITH BOX 1 STYLUS - EDGE DS CARD
    NO MEMORY CARD OF GAMES
    CHARGER

Original Poster

shes file complaint with play saying item is defrective and damaged when its not

Banned

jazferbetay;6891636

shes file complaint with play saying item is defrective and damaged when … shes file complaint with play saying item is defrective and damaged when its not

did she originally contact you via play, if so forward these on

Original Poster

after item arrived yes, about its condition.

the one about not wanting the item was just an email

Banned

jazferbetay;6891849

after item arrived yes, about its condition. the one about not wanting … after item arrived yes, about its condition. the one about not wanting the item was just an email

i would contact play and tell them everything that has happened and ask if its appropriate to forward the email sent before it arrived

Banned

jazferbetay;6891636

shes file complaint with play saying item is defrective and damaged when … shes file complaint with play saying item is defrective and damaged when its not

just reply to play saying read the listing, it clearly stated it had marks and wasn't new
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Beds44
      2. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?88
      3. Do you use a case on your iPhone?55
      4. Amazon prime subscribe & save49

See more discussions