Groups

Updates wont update - Vista

Trying to update my laptop; just had a new hard drive put in.

When i try to "Install Updates" it says "Windows is currently installing other updates, please try again in a few minutes". As far as I know, no other updates are installing. Checked Norton, nothing.

I've tried again, and tried to install the updates 1 by 1. But still not luck.

Any chance anyone knows what is happening.

3 Comments

This may have some bearing, but may not be the only thing causing the problem.

tech-archive.net/Arc…tml

While looking on Google for a possible cause and solution I noticed one person said they forced closedown with the power button pressed for a few seconds, then when asked on reboot, selected safe mode with networking.

It allowed a failed third stage update to complete, then they rebooted into normal mode and all was OK.

Have you tried restarting the computer?

Original Poster

mateypeeps;8386813

This may have some bearing, but may not be the only thing causing the … This may have some bearing, but may not be the only thing causing the problem.http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Windows/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/2008-09/msg02251.htmlWhile looking on Google for a possible cause and solution I noticed one person said they forced closedown with the power button pressed for a few seconds, then when asked on reboot, selected safe mode with networking.It allowed a failed third stage update to complete, then they rebooted into normal mode and all was OK.

Great!! :-D This worked for me. Your a genius :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Finally got a Xbox one s22
      2. Marvel characters22
      3. Battery drain on iOS 111316
      4. Just an thought regarding Paypal1110

See more discussions