Groups

UPDATING FREEVIEW

hI TRUIED UPDATING FREEVIEW AS REQUESTED BUT NOW I HAVE HARDLY ANY CHANNELS. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE AND HOW DO I GET OTHER CHANNELS BACK

40 Comments

Try re-tuning again.
    Also try to learn to take caps-lock off when typing

All you can really do is check your aerial connections and scan again,

Your kinda stuffed mate sorry on Freeview yesterday you had to retune before the day ended if you didnt you MAY lose your channels :x

gorskino10;6450957

Your kinda stuffed mate sorry on Freeview yesterday you had to retune … Your kinda stuffed mate sorry on Freeview yesterday you had to retune before the day ended if you didnt you MAY lose your channels :x

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5372/laughinghard.gif

gorskino10;6450957

Your kinda stuffed mate sorry on Freeview yesterday you had to retune … Your kinda stuffed mate sorry on Freeview yesterday you had to retune before the day ended if you didnt you MAY lose your channels :x

Do you have any evidence to back that up cuz it sounds like the biggest load of rubbish I've heard in a long time.

What happens if you were on holiday this week?

I had problems retuning mine... did it yesterday and I still kept getting the black retune your tv message!

All you can do is check on tvretune.co.uk/ for what channels you should be getting as in some areas of the country people have lost ITV3 and ITV4 I believe for improved C5 coverage. Then just check your cables/aerial, if you're using a box that's really old you might find that will no longer work... the FAQ's should be on the freeview website or the retune site.

Original Poster

gorskino10;6450957

cuzzy;6450983

good one, also made me do that. :thumbsup:

As per the Freeview website "will need to retune their equipment on or after Wednesday 30 September 2009"

greg_68;6450985

Do you have any evidence to back that up cuz it sounds like the biggest … Do you have any evidence to back that up cuz it sounds like the biggest load of rubbish I've heard in a long time.What happens if you were on holiday this week?

Evidence - news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm :thumbsup:

what is it with new people on these forums who think CAPS LOCK IS 100% NECESSARY IN ORDER TO GET PEOPLE TO ANSWER

gorskino10;6451020

Evidence - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8283452.stm :thumbsup:

that article just said you could retune from yesterday lunchtime onwards. it said nothing about not being able to any other day apart from yesterday, lmao!

gorskino10;6451020

Evidence - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8283452.stm :thumbsup:

Where exactly does it state it had to be retuned by the end of yesterday? :?

Banned

mine keeps telling me to do it, even though i have done it and have all new channels

More worringly is that certain boxes will cease to work, my mom's got a Daewoo, wonder if it will still work when it's been retuned?

cuzzy;6451069

Where exactly does it state it had to be retuned by the end of yesterday? … Where exactly does it state it had to be retuned by the end of yesterday? :?

It doesnt say in that report but in previous times they have stated you MAY lose your channels if not retuned right, its maybe coincidense but he says he has lost channels which this could relate too.

cuzzy;6451069

Where exactly does it state it had to be retuned by the end of yesterday? … Where exactly does it state it had to be retuned by the end of yesterday? :?

It doesn't but I don't expect they will come back to say they were wrong.

Mines lost channels annoying.

greg_68;6451098

More worringly is that certain boxes will cease to work, my mom's got a … More worringly is that certain boxes will cease to work, my mom's got a Daewoo, wonder if it will still work when it's been retuned?

Theres a list here that might help... hotukdeals.com/ite…oo/ post12

gorskino10;6451103

It doesnt say in that report but in previous times they have stated you … It doesnt say in that report but in previous times they have stated you MAY lose your channels if not retuned right, its maybe coincidense but he says he has lost channels which this could relate too.

Yes, freeview have admitted you may lose channels but all you have to do is keep retuning until they come back. It's not rocket science is it.

They are not likely to introduce an upgrade where everyone loses all the channels are they?

BradyBrade!;6450952

Try re-tuning again.Also try to learn to take caps-lock off when typing

lol :-D

cuzzy;6451128

Theres a list here that might help... … Theres a list here that might help... http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/485843/30th-september-freeview-trouble-loo/

Bound to be one of them I bet.

lol @ thread

im out...

dcx_badass;6451162

I did mine at 1:30pm today and have more channels than before....

You are one of life's risk takers though, leaving it 24 hours before updating, you mad. :-D

sassie;6451086

mine keeps telling me to do it, even though i have done it and have all … mine keeps telling me to do it, even though i have done it and have all new channels

I'm still getting a few of them too sassie, don't worry it's not your freeviewbox that's doing it, it's still being broadcast to remind people who haven't retuned yet :thumbsup:

Banned

barneydog;6451186

I'm still getting a few of them too sassie, don't worry it's not your … I'm still getting a few of them too sassie, don't worry it's not your freeviewbox that's doing it, it's still being broadcast to remind people who haven't retuned yet :thumbsup:

oh thanks, was getting a little peed about it, but as long as it ok then all is good :thumbsup:

If you are having problems, try doing a fully factory reset and full scan, be warned it may wipe any other settings that you may have made.ie Favourites etc.

Banned

dcx_badass;6451162

I did mine at 1:30pm today and have more channels than before....

me too then I realised that it was adding in new channels and keeping exisiting ones so I ended up with 2 x itv1, itv2 etc

so deleted ALL channels first and then re-scanned.

lost all my timers too on my humax :x

Now I'm getting BBC channels telling me to do another re-scan

bunch of muppets!

Banned

greg_68;6451098

More worringly is that certain boxes will cease to work, my mom's got a … More worringly is that certain boxes will cease to work, my mom's got a Daewoo, wonder if it will still work when it's been retuned?

It is thought about 20,000 older set-top boxes will cease to work.
    The boxes which will no longer work are: the Daewoo models DS608P and SV900, Labgear DTT100, Triax DVB2000T and Bush IDVCR01.

Im with sky and virgin do I have to re-tune !

octobergirl;6451287

Im with sky and virgin do I have to re-tune !

Sky and Virgin are untouched, it's only freeview boxes and freeview tuners built into TV sets that are affected :thumbsup:

greg_68;6451129

Yes, freeview have admitted you may lose channels but all you have to do … Yes, freeview have admitted you may lose channels but all you have to do is keep retuning until they come back. It's not rocket science is it.They are not likely to introduce an upgrade where everyone loses all the channels are they?

Well it many not be the case sometimes, i lost ALOT of my channels (SKY News/Sports News, DAVE/Ja Vu ITV 3/4 ,BBC 3 etc..) i missed the retune date and asked a guy who worked in the TV shop they said many have got the same problem and they say they cant do anything untill a retune or change from the Freeview.which should happen soon so i had to wait like 1 or 2 weeks for them to appear and during those time i recieved channels like DAVE back for a day then lost it again.

Banned

stop shouting?

dcx_badass;6451410

There isn't a retune date you muppet! Seriously some people are idiots, … There isn't a retune date you muppet! Seriously some people are idiots, what do you think would happen if I bought a TV today or tomorrow, they say sorry you didn't retune the new TV on the 30th so now you can't use it. Engage your brain ffs..

I think you will find all the stores had to unpack every TV before midnight and retune them before repacking. My mate got loads of overtime doing it all night.. Come midnight though all none retuned TV's turned into pumpkins.

Argos, Comet and Curry's will be holding clearance sales of pumpkins this weekend.

gorskino10;6451325

Well it many not be the case sometimes, i lost ALOT of my channels (SKY … Well it many not be the case sometimes, i lost ALOT of my channels (SKY News/Sports News, DAVE/Ja Vu ITV 3/4 ,BBC 3 etc..) i missed the retune date and asked a guy who worked in the TV shop they said many have got the same problem and they say they cant do anything untill a retune or change from the Freeview.which should happen soon so i had to wait like 1 or 2 weeks for them to appear and during those time i recieved channels like DAVE back for a day then lost it again.

Then that guy is a muppet, put your postcode in the box on the right hand side of the page on this site to find out which stations you should be getting

tvretune.co.uk/

If you are still having trouble join digitalspy forums and go to this thread where they will try to help you out

digitalspy.co.uk/for…615

and then
    Post the make and model of your box or TV
    Post which region of the UK you are in
    Post the problem

This happened to me many times, all you can do is keep doing search after search until the channels come back, and dont update again. this can take aloong time as last time I had to search about 6 times before my channels came back. good luck

Done my old folks today and they can't access anything now, they have the Matsui tutv1, retuned it all and now nothing works. Piece of crap.

gorskino10;6451325

Well it many not be the case sometimes, i lost ALOT of my channels (SKY … Well it many not be the case sometimes, i lost ALOT of my channels (SKY News/Sports News, DAVE/Ja Vu ITV 3/4 ,BBC 3 etc..) i missed the retune date and asked a guy who worked in the TV shop they said many have got the same problem and they say they cant do anything untill a retune or change from the Freeview.which should happen soon so i had to wait like 1 or 2 weeks for them to appear and during those time i recieved channels like DAVE back for a day then lost it again.

Sorry, that sounds like absolute bull. I think the statement 'if you don't retune you may lose some channels' refers to not retuning after the update, not a deadline to retune by. If there was a deadline for retuning then all new TVs purchased would be affected.

barneydog;6451312

Sky and Virgin are untouched, it's only freeview boxes and freeview … Sky and Virgin are untouched, it's only freeview boxes and freeview tuners built into TV sets that are affected :thumbsup:

thank you - just that I am having trouble with sky cclashing again, got new box 4 - 5 weeks ago but problem back:thumbsup:

I get channel Five
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung Note 81015
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4602152
      3. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)512
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1435

See more discussions