Updating Xbox 360 (PHAT) Games on Flashed LT 3.0

Found 7th Jul 2012
Hi,

I just wanted to know that would it be okay to join xbox live and update a game and then never use the xbox live account for gaming, instead use the offline one, and not get banned?

I have tried a method of copying the update to a xbox 360 formatted Usb but none of the games are recognising it.

Thanks

Community Updates
20 Comments
Make sure the update is unzipped and left on root of usb.
ryouga

Make sure the update is unzipped and left on root of usb.

I use "Horizon" and that automatically put it into the title update folder but the games don't recognise it.
Sounds like you are doing it the long and likely wrong way round.

all you need to do is get a regular usb drive not formatted to xbox, then unzip folder then place the folder into the drive and xbox will recognise it.

ryouga

Sounds like you are doing it the long and likely wrong way round.all you … Sounds like you are doing it the long and likely wrong way round.all you need to do is get a regular usb drive not formatted to xbox, then unzip folder then place the folder into the drive and xbox will recognise it.

What website do you use to get updates I use XBUC but none of the updates download as .rar. Do I not need to extract them and should I just shove em on root of USB?
are you wanting to update your dashboard version or simply apply a game update (TITLE UPDATE, tu)
DudeyGeeza

are you wanting to update your dashboard version or simply apply a game … are you wanting to update your dashboard version or simply apply a game update (TITLE UPDATE, tu)

A title update (tu), iv updated to latest dashboard (june 2012).
Edited by: "ahmed123" 7th Jul 2012
Iv tried every guide and none seem to work, unless I'm doing something wrong.

I used this guide, but it dint work:

Update your XBOX 360 console to the latest dashboard version
Get yourself an usb stick with at least 1GB capacity
Format it as a XBOX 360 Memory Unit on your XBOX 360 console via 'Dashboard/System/Storage'
Connect your usb stick to your PC
On your pc, download XTAF (Latest Beta). Big thanks go out to Slasherking823 for this great app.
Run XTAF and click on 'File/Open Drive'. Now move to 'Cache Partition/Cache' and drag your update files into this folder. This will take some seconds.
Connect your usb stick with the XBOX 360 console and start your game
Oh a game update, try clearing system cache
Edited by: "ryouga" 7th Jul 2012
ryouga

Oh a game update, try clearing system cache

Iv tried that still no luck.
DudeyGeeza

are you wanting to update your dashboard version or simply apply a game … are you wanting to update your dashboard version or simply apply a game update (TITLE UPDATE, tu)

You say "simply apply" but I cant seem to do it. Must be a sign of an ultimate noob.
last time i updated dashboard my drive stopped recognising my backups. Is that what the dashboard updates do? or is it faulty? this was over 6 months ago
DE4L3R

last time i updated dashboard my drive stopped recognising my backups. Is … last time i updated dashboard my drive stopped recognising my backups. Is that what the dashboard updates do? or is it faulty? this was over 6 months ago

You may have had an old dashboard and the updated flashed your xbox so you need to reflash to LT+ 3.0.
Any help?? Anyone know a different guide or an easier way to what I am doing?

Thanks
normally you either stick the tu into the cache folder or within the games media id folder then inside a folder like 00000000002 (which is all in the content folder)

but you have to have the correct TU to match the media id of the game you have
Edited by: "DudeyGeeza" 7th Jul 2012
DudeyGeeza

normally you either stick the tu into the cache folder or within the … normally you either stick the tu into the cache folder or within the games media id folder then inside a folder like 00000000002 (which is all in the content folder)but you have to have the correct TU to match the media id of the game you have

I dont know the media ID but I know that the game is region free...

edit: found the media id and downloaded the update with same media id from xbuc, copied the dowloaded file to cache and the content folder but still no prompt to update...
Just so I know, am i supposed to extract the file that i download from xbuc or not?

The tu is not being recognised and the meda id of the tu and game are the same...??!!
what game is it
what media id do you have

the TU should just be like:

tu_0000000000047 or similar
The game is FIFA Street

Media ID: 78AA9072
Title Update: TU_12K22BR_000000C000000

Both match the media id of the game... Iv tried everything nothing working.
Iv checked and I don't think this works on newest dashboard, can anyone try and confirm.

Also this brings me back to my original question, can i use a xbox live (silver) account to download the updates then sign out once it has done??
Edited by: "ahmed123" 8th Jul 2012
What format the game reads lt 3.0
Bardhi

What format the game reads lt 3.0

??
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions