Groups
    EXPIRED

Upgrade Advice :O)

Hi All, I'm out of contract and due an upgrade. I'm looking to move on from the Note 3 to the Note 4. I have to stay with Orange/EE.

Looking for the best deal and the phone for free. Can anyone advise? Called CPW and the best they could do was £38.99pm and a £29.99 handset charge while instore they were offering the phone for nowt.

Look forward to some lovely feedback and thanks in advance :O)

18 Comments

Speak to EE I changed contract with them recently and was told they are running Christmas deals. So you may get a better deal directly with them. Also mention you are customer and would appreciate something to show they appreciate you e.g. loyalty discount. I get 15% discount of my monthly bill

Original Poster

Munnypenny

Speak to EE I changed contract with them recently and was told they are … Speak to EE I changed contract with them recently and was told they are running Christmas deals. So you may get a better deal directly with them. Also mention you are customer and would appreciate something to show they appreciate you e.g. loyalty discount. I get 15% discount of my monthly bill

Hi Munny,

Thanks for the great tip! :O) I'll give EE a shout and see where that gets me :O)

I'm with three and my contract ran out last month, asked whats the best deal on a Note 4 and they told me '£40 PM and £100 upfront' I told them to cancel the contract and since then they ring about 5 times a week and keep lowing either the contract or the upfront cost I have told them to ring me back when the offer is No up front costs and around £35 per month and just yesterday I got what I wanted.
    so my advice would be cancel and wait for them to keep offering you deals untill it suits you. And if they dont move to a new network.

Try logging into the upgrade section on the Orange/EE website-you may be pleasantly surprised.

Original Poster

Hi All,

Thanks for the great responses :)......on the phone with orange right now.....they have told me that first I would have to pay £100 for the phone and increase the monthly payment up by £10!?!?!....Then they put me through to retentions who basically offered me 1000 muinutes, unlimited txts and 2 gb data with a handset cost of £30......CPW offered me unlimited minutes, txts, 4gb data and handset cost of £29.99....

I am really disappointed They were really poor!!!!......I have the PAC code, and I am not expecting them to call me back in order to stop me going away.....
    Edited by: "sxxychocolate" 14th Dec 2014

know a friend that works at EE? they can get you 40% discount

Original Poster

Ooooooo Jay, Sounds like a winner to me!!!! Please do tell us more!

Original Poster

PS I have no friends:(

Original Poster

whoop, asked for the PAC code and have received a txt from their super secret clandestine elite special forces mobile team.....I have informed them of what I expect for my continued business / loyalty, so I'll just wait and see what happens.....hopefully they actually value me as customer and show me the money!!! :0)

Original Poster

okay....this is what ee offered

1)free note 4
    2)unlimited mins, txt and 2gb data

all for £32.99 Inc vat

what do you all think?

check out what offers are available through quidco for EE you may get a better deal and cashback

Original Poster

good idea!!!!! :0)

Original Poster

Hi All,

Was looking on EE for a comparable contract and found the following:

Unlimited calls, txts and 2gb data - £24.99pm with an up front cost for the mobile of £319.99 - Total cost over the 24 months £919.75

EE Superduper retention offer - Unlimited calls, txt and 2gb data with no up front cost for the Note 4 - £32.99pm - Total cost over 24 months £791.76

A saving of £127.99....not bad.

I have now asked if they can also reduce my existing as part of the deal to keep my business. Hoping for some good news and Christmas cheer :O)

Once again fellow HUKDers thanks for all your helpful input :O)

Original Poster

Just went for the deal :O)

Expecting the phone tomorrow :O). No one could beat the offer.....Even EE staff in one of their branches advised that I double check that the offer has definitely come from EE.....

Now just have to sell my Note 3 :O)

Thanks for all your helpful advice and have yourselves a very Merry Christmas :O):O)

sxxychocolate

Just went for the deal :O) Expecting the phone tomorrow :O). No one could … Just went for the deal :O) Expecting the phone tomorrow :O). No one could beat the offer.....Even EE staff in one of their branches advised that I double check that the offer has definitely come from EE.....Now just have to sell my Note 3 :O)Thanks for all your helpful advice and have yourselves a very Merry Christmas :O):O)

Sell it on here

Original Poster

benjammin316

Sell it on here

Hiya Ben,

Good advice again, and was thinking the very same thing.....I've put the word out to my mates. If they don't know a good deal when it's hits them square in the face then it will be going on here or Ebay :O)

Is there much to selling it on here and what are the pitfalls?

sxxychocolate

Hiya Ben, Good advice again, and was thinking the very same … Hiya Ben, Good advice again, and was thinking the very same thing.....I've put the word out to my mates. If they don't know a good deal when it's hits them square in the face then it will be going on here or Ebay :O)Is there much to selling it on here and what are the pitfalls?

Well, unlike eBay there are obviously no fees. As it's just dine member to member.

Just make sure you deal with someone who has good feedback, get their names, number, addresses etc if anything were to go wrong. I've sold quite a lot on here and not had any issues at all.

Original Poster

Nice one Ben!! Think doing this on here could be a winner :O)....Watch this (FS) space :O) If you have any other tips then please do let me know as I really can't afford any "issues" :O)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free pr subsidised loft insulation -not in benefits11
      2. Biscuit addiction1537
      3. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?57
      4. Car park fine UKPC1212

See more discussions