Found 27th Dec 2014
I've got Sapphire R7 265 2GB.

It runs all the games I own fine on high settings (struggles on Far Cry 4)

What's a good upgrade? I want to be able to run Battlefield Hardline when it comes out and Far Cry 4 smoothly.

Was looking at the Sapphire R9 280, thoughts?

6 Comments

i've got the r9 280X and it plays bf4 at 1080p everything high/ultra 60-90 fps

Plays 1440p at all medium/low with similar fps.

Remembering the beta, hardline ran very similarly to bf4, so this should be plenty!

GTX 970 or GTX 980 depending on your budget.

Original Poster

joshp

GTX 970 or GTX 980 depending on your budget.

No more than £170 ideally

I've read Nvidia will be releasing the GTX960 very soon and AMD the R9-285X around the same time so prices may change for some current models but I've always found tomshardware useful for choosing the best card for my budget.
tomshardware.co.uk/gam…tml
The final page has a chart showing all cards from Nvidia and AMD cards grouped by performance.
Just make sure your power supply has the power and connectors as many of the more powerful models need two 6pin power supplies or even 8pin power supplies.

Original Poster

I've just noticed the R9 280 requires 2 x 6 pin cables. The current GPU I have requires only 1 x 6 pin. I have one space left on my PSU for another 6 pin. How do I get 2 x 6 pins to the R9 280? I've tried looking for an 8 pin that splits into 2 x 6 pins.

Original Poster

Comment

nacho99

I've read Nvidia will be releasing the GTX960 very soon and AMD the … I've read Nvidia will be releasing the GTX960 very soon and AMD the R9-285X around the same time so prices may change for some current models but I've always found tomshardware useful for choosing the best card for my budget.http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32899.htmlThe final page has a chart showing all cards from Nvidia and AMD cards grouped by performance.Just make sure your power supply has the power and connectors as many of the more powerful models need two 6pin power supplies or even 8pin power supplies.

I've got Corsair CX500M, current GPU require 1 6 pin (8 pin splits into 6 pin currently using)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Roku 4K Streaming Stick+ UK release date and price revealed44
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2547
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland1640
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2341

See more discussions