Groups

upgrade mobile time

So got a phone call from 3 this morning and they said ive got 30 days left of my 18 month contract (£25 p/m). They offered me a Sony Ericsson C903 for £15 p/m with unlimited texts, 300 mins plus 300 3 to 3 mins and unlimited internet.

Ive told them that i would have to think about it and they said they would phone back on Friday. Having just taken a look at the C903 i dont like it.

Theres only 2 phones that i like at the moment and thats the Sony Ericsson W995 and the HTC Desire.

Before the phone call i was just going to go for the W995 from O2 for £15 p/m with unlimited texts (as thats all i use). 50mins and the £5 discount on my broadband plus whatever cashback i get back from TCB.

The only thing that could get me to stay with 3 is either they offer me £10 p/m for the W995 with unlimited texts or they offer me the HTC Desire for less than £20 p/m. Whats the chances of them doing either

14 Comments

I would just ask them. Both my husband and I were on 3 ( I still am) But we cancelled his contract a few months ago because he wanted an iphone. Just to warn you they are very difficult to get through to when you are cancelling your contract with them. My husband was on the phone for 45 mins with them whilst they were throwing all sorts of offers at him. In the end i had to snatch the phone off him and tell them to cancel the phone or i will be cancelling direct debits myself and hanging up on them. Still they had me on the phone for at least 15 mins.
    My advice is jsut do that and say you are only interested in staying if they could give you a certain deal.

Original Poster

shell1986;8587305

I would just ask them. Both my husband and I were on 3 ( I still am) But … I would just ask them. Both my husband and I were on 3 ( I still am) But we cancelled his contract a few months ago because he wanted an iphone. Just to warn you they are very difficult to get through to when you are cancelling your contract with them. My husband was on the phone for 45 mins with them whilst they were throwing all sorts of offers at him. In the end i had to snatch the phone off him and tell them to cancel the phone or i will be cancelling direct debits myself and hanging up on them. Still they had me on the phone for at least 15 mins. My advice is jsut do that and say you are only interested in staying if they could give you a certain deal.

Will do, the guy who spoke to me didnt want me to hang up even though i said i'll think about it, he wanted me to have the C903 on trial but he said very quietly that if i used the phone in anyway (text, phone call or web browsing) then i couldn't send it back, very sneaky lol.

W995 is no good a phone. There are lot better phones in market. They could definitiely offer you a better deal for 15 quids.

Existing customers can get an iPhone through 3. They only offer them via upgrades, as far as I know, and I'm guessing you'd end up paying a bit more than £15 a month for one. Someone posted in misc a few days ago about a pretty good deal 3 offered them on an iPhone.. I'll see if I can find it.

You should get a much better retension deal than what you have been offered. Tell them what you want and if they can't do a deal you will be off to another network.
    Keep us informed!

Original Poster

shirishtiwari01;8587408

W995 is no good a phone. There are lot better phones in market. They … W995 is no good a phone. There are lot better phones in market. They could definitiely offer you a better deal for 15 quids.

Whats wrong with it? Ive had a go on my mates one and i like it alot, better than my old W660 anyway.

nickw90;8587492

Existing customers can get an iPhone through 3. They only offer them via … Existing customers can get an iPhone through 3. They only offer them via upgrades, as far as I know, and I'm guessing you'd end up paying a bit more than £15 a month for one. Someone posted in misc a few days ago about a pretty good deal 3 offered them on an iPhone.. I'll see if I can find it.

I don't know if i want a iPhone, i try to avoid Apple products and a few of my mates that have had one had nothing but problems with them.

W995 restarts and hangs. If i would buy a Sony then I could event go for W810i or K810 etc which are better then W995. I had one mate. The worse phone I had.

shirishtiwari01;8588083

W995 restarts and hangs. If i would buy a Sony then I could event go for … W995 restarts and hangs. If i would buy a Sony then I could event go for W810i or K810 etc which are better then W995. I had one mate. The worse phone I had.

You must have had a faulty one. I've had my W995 for over 9 months, on Orange, and not had a single problem with it. It's ace!! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Update: Got my phone call this morning, he offered me the same phone for £15 p/m. Told him that i dont like the phone it feels cheap.

Told him that the only phone im interested in at the minute was the HTC Desire, and he said we dont have that in stock and if we did it would cost a min of £25 p/m, so he offered me 2 touch phones and tried saying that they were better than the Desire which made me laugh.

Phones he offered me:

LG GT405 (AKA Viewty GT) - £20 p/m
    Samsung S5600 Preston - £22 p/m

Had a quick look on the internet while he was talking garbage and didnt like them so told him no, its the Desire for a good price or nothing.

Retro89;8603847

Had a quick look on the internet while he was talking garbage and didnt … Had a quick look on the internet while he was talking garbage and didnt like them so told him no, its the Desire for a good price or nothing.

Whatever you do don't touch vodamoan with a barge pole at the minute...

Original Poster

Flodd;8603874

Whatever you do don't touch vodamoan with a barge pole at the minute...

lol Havn't been on that network for years. Whats up with them?

Original Poster

Flodd;8604005

]They've scrapped the fair usuage policy.The internets are going … ]They've scrapped the fair usuage policy.The internets are going maaaaaaaaad.

Ouch!

Anyway got my HTC Desire in the end its on back order so i'll get it on the 24th May.

Free Handset
    300 Calls or Texts
    Unlimited 3 to 3 Calls
    Unlimited Internet
    100 Picture Messages

£20 Per Month

Original Poster

Retro89;8604325

Ouch!Anyway got my HTC Desire in the end its on back order so i'll get it … Ouch!Anyway got my HTC Desire in the end its on back order so i'll get it on the 24th May.Free Handset300 Calls or TextsUnlimited 3 to 3 CallsUnlimited Internet100 Picture Messages£20 Per Month

I changed my mind in the end, put together a list of pros and cons for having the Desire on Three and thought am i really going to use the features on this phone, which i wouldnt. Also i want to get off the Three network, their customer service is terrible.

What im going with instead:

Sony Ericsson W995 on O2
    18 Month Contract at £15 p/m
    Unlimited Texts
    50 Mins (Dont make many calls anyway)
    £5 Discount on my home broadband
    £35 Cash back through TCB
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1867
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17436161
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3571341
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2136

See more discussions