Groups
    EXPIRED

Upgrade time, need a new motherboard, cpu and graphic scard.

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my pc and get Intel core 2 Q9300, motherboard ( don't know which one), 2 4 gb of memory and a Nvidia geforce 8800gts.

Any advice on what motherboard to get is well appreciated as I am completely clueless.

Thanks for any help.

A few weeks back I posted asking for the price of the Q9300.
    hotukdeals.com/ite…300

5 Comments

What's your budget? That's a slick CPU and graphics... I would get something like ebuyer.com/pro…173
    Gives you the option to upgrade to DDR3 RAM when prices drop...

Out of curiosity, why a GTS? Why not spend the little extra and get the GTX?

Original Poster

The cheapest GTX I spotted is £205, For an extra £5 I could get the 9800GTX, however I spotted a 8800GTS for £170. I know its only an extra £35 for the GTX but I just don't want costs to spiral out of control.
    I spotted a Geforce 8800 GT for £125. I might just got for that.

The Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R motherboard looks good, Although im not bothered about getting DDR3 memory.

What type of fan would you recommend for the Q9300 cpu? I do a lot of [email protected] stuff so i would like a half decent fan

Thanks again for all your help :thumbsup:

Heres the links for graphics cards i mentioned earlier.
    Geforce 8800gt
    ebuyer.com/pro…228
    8800 GTS
    ebuyer.com/pro…666
    8800 GTX
    ebuyer.com/pro…610
    9800 GTX
    ebuyer.com/pro…104

XFX 8800 GTX at ]£176 (not including delivery).

If you've not got a big monitor (24" or higher) then I'd agree that the GT is the better deal.

I am looking to build a similar system. Can anyone recommend a Quad Core, Motherboard, GFX Card and Memory? I already have a 24" monitor and don't think i'll be playing many games as I have a PS3. I need a new case also.

Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767497
      2. Bearded chat815
      3. What would be HELL to you?3358
      4. One for the mathmaticians2948

See more discussions