Groups
    EXPIRED

Upgrade your ND-2100AD to a 2510 for free!

Download and extract the file, choose "flash", then open the 2510 file, wait patiently, restart when finished, and tadaa!

This is very useful, as it now your dvd writer burns DVD-RWs as well as DVD+RWs!

rapidshare.de/fil…tml

NOTE: THIS is fully legal

8 Comments

I have heard that the NEC ND-2100AD has shown problems with writing on DVD+R media but was ok when using DVD+RW, this patch may be official for fixing this problem amongst others...

Your update sounds a great modification for those with those drives

Please Note: that if this update is not official (i.e. from manufacturers site) you will void any warranty... as it is via the rapidshare site, please bear this in mind...

Here is some more info I found

[color=darkblue]I actually have the NEC ND-2100AD...but I've flashed it … [color=darkblue]I actually have the NEC ND-2100AD...but I've flashed it to the 2500A firmware (thanks Dangerous Brothers!). Now it can burn dvd+/-, instead of just dvd+. Instructions: Steps to do Before You Flash 1. Hook the drive up as Primary Slave, Secondary Master, or Secondary Slave. Remove another device if you have to. Some of these flash tools might not work on Primary Master drives. This is to limit the risk of accidentally messing with a Hard drive since most people ahve a hard drive as Primary Master. You can determine the drive's IDE location using Nero InfoTool's Configuration tab (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/). 2. Create a boot disk or a boot CD (disk #1). Or download one from NIL's PioneerDVD Page: http://pioneerdvd.firmware-flash.com/index.html#BOOTISO 3. Create a disk (disk #2) containing the flasher only : http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_file.php?site=tdb1&file=NEC2X00A.ZIP 4. Create a disk (disk #3) containing the flasher that you downloaded in step 3 and the firmware (disk #2): http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_file.php?site=tdb1&file=21002500.ZIP You should now have 3 disks. Flashing the drive: 1) Insert the boot disk (disk #1)and restart the computer 2) Select option 2 ("Start Computer With CD...") 3) When you see the A:/ prompt, take out the boot disk and put in the disk with the flasher only (disk #2) 4) Backup the drives current firmware using this command: "nec2x00a_-pri/-sec_-mas/-sla_-out_backup.bin" Note: I have used underscores where you should use spaces. 5) When this is finished, take out disk #2, and put in disk #3. 6) Flash the drive to the new firmware using this command: "nec2x00a_-pri/-sec_-mas/-sla_-flash_21002500.bin" 7) Restart the computer, and enjoy your new dual format drive! 8 ) If you have problems, just reflash the drive with the backup.bin that you saved in step #4 NOTES: Make sure you find out the location of your drive (you can use Nero InfoTool for this, located at: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/). Definitions: -pri/-sec should only be either "-pri" or "-sec" depending on the location of the NEC drive to be flashed: "-pri" - Primary Channel "-sec'"- Secondary Channel -mas/-sla should only be either "-mas" or "-sla" depending on the location of the NEC drive to be flashed: "-mas" - Master Device on channel "-sec" - Slave Device on channel Example Commands To Backup the firmware from an NEC ND-2100A(D) drive that is connected as Secondary Slave, use this command: "nec2x00a -sec -sla -out backup.bin" To Flash the firmware of an NEC ND-2100A(D) drive that is connected as Secondary Master to the 2100->2500 firmware "nec2x00a -sec -mas -flash 21002500.BIN"[/color]

Another Poster wrote: :wink:

[color=green]Although I haven't tried it yet, you can apparently flash … [color=green]Although I haven't tried it yet, you can apparently flash the firmware on this drive with a modified version of the ND-2500A firmware and give the drive the ability to burn DVD-R/RW media. You can, of course, render your drive useless doing this, so beware. [/color]

Original Poster

I agree it voids your guarantee... but I was sent the file from a friend, so the only reason it is from rapidshare is as I uploaded it there...!

And the quote you made, thats the first thing I found when I searched the net for a way to get my writer to burn DVD-RWs, but that looked too complicated, and my friend sent me this - this is much easier as it does it all for you, and takes about 3 minutes!

shyam

I agree it voids your guarantee... but I was sent the file from a friend, … I agree it voids your guarantee... but I was sent the file from a friend, so the only reason it is from rapidshare is as I uploaded it there...!And the quote you made, thats the first thing I found when I searched the net for a way to get my writer to burn DVD-RWs, but that looked too complicated, and my friend sent me this - this is much easier as it does it all for you, and takes about 3 minutes!

Sounds a great easy to use upgrade... :wink:

Original Poster

:oops: My "ND 2510" has stopped working, won't read/write ANYTHING!

Anyway to "un-flash" it?

shyam

:oops: My "ND 2510" has stopped working, won't read/write ANYTHING!Anyway … :oops: My "ND 2510" has stopped working, won't read/write ANYTHING!Anyway to "un-flash" it?

oh dear, :shock: make sure your lens is clean first though.... :wink:

You cannot un-flash it, but you should be able to reflash it using an original flash off the manufacturers site, thats if you are lucky...

You could try the 2500A Flash update I mentioned earlier... :wink:

If it is the laser, best reflash with an original matching the version you had to hopefully recover any warranty, bet you didn't save a backup...

Has your friend had any trouble by any chance :?:

I am assuming that windows does still identify the ND 2510 drive still...

Original Poster

Thanks LC... ok well... didn't understand any of that :roll: Could you explain so I could understand (I'm not that good with techy terms)

If your DVDRW was origianlly a 2500 you won't have any luck. The 2510 is a dual layer writer, the 2500 wasn't. If you got it to write to +/-RW you were lucky.

I've flashed my 2510 with both updates + it's been fine, but I remember at the time reading about lots of people trying to flash their 2500... causing them to stop working competely.

As LoneCrusader said, you can try re-flashing it, after all, if it's not working it won't make any difference trying.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Apples new update610
      2. Any PS4 News Here29313799
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1841335
      4. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2425

See more discussions