Groups

Upgrade/New Tariff Advice Please

OK, I am eligible for a store upgrade with Voda now but they canlt offer any good deals for me.

When I called Voda (151) they said I can call them on 3rd Nov to upgrade and if I ask to speak to Customer Stay Team, they'll do their best.

But that's in 3 weeks time!

So I popped into Phones 4 U to see what they could do and whilst they couldnlt offer me an upgrade deal (hence would lose my current no) they offered me this:

New Tocco Lite in White
    £100 cash there and then in my hand
    100 mins
    500 texts
    Unlimited internet
    24 months at £25 pm all in

All on Voda (which is what i need cos of coverage)

SO i could prob flog the phone as well (got iPhone) for let's say £85/£90.

My current tarrif is £25 plus £7.50 for same as above but do you think it's best I wait to call Voda direct on 3rd Nov to see if they can give me a better price?

For info - mins and txts are not as important, hence I donlt mind the low mins - it's mainly internet

Any views??

9 Comments

You can get sooooo much better if you wait until the 3rd of Nov.

Original Poster

Toybhoy;6594865

You can get sooooo much better if you wait until the 3rd of Nov.

but even with a low mins hence low tariff?? I see offers on here that have loads of mins and I';m not really fussed bout that. Really aiming for £15 pm with unlimited internet - do you reckon that's feasible??

AND with a new phone that i could sell!!! Being greedy!!

melmorc;6594908

but even with a low mins hence low tariff?? I see offers on here that … but even with a low mins hence low tariff?? I see offers on here that have loads of mins and I';m not really fussed bout that. Really aiming for £15 pm with unlimited internet - do you reckon that's feasible??AND with a new phone that i could sell!!! Being greedy!!

Well your example is £25 a month.

If you go sim only at 02, you can get 600 mins and 1200 text and unlimited internet for £19.58 a month plus you're not tied into a 2 year contract.

shop.o2.co.uk/tar…_10

But I think if you wait for vodafone on a sim only deal, they'll do even better than that. Especially since you dont even need as much as the mins and text that 02 are offering.

I'll give you an example. When I upgraded with Voda, they offered me 500mins, 500 text and free internet for £15 a month with a free N95 8GB on an 18 month contract. And that was 18 months ago when the N95 8GB was the top phone

Original Poster

Toybhoy;6594958

Well your example is £25 a month.If you go sim only at 02, you can get … Well your example is £25 a month.If you go sim only at 02, you can get 600 mins and 1200 text and unlimited internet for £19.58 a month plus you're not tied into a 2 year contract.http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/SIMONLY/benefits/Online_10#Online_10But I think if you wait for vodafone on a sim only deal, they'll do even better than that. Especially since you dont even need as much as the mins and text that 02 are offering.I'll give you an example. When I upgraded with Voda, they offered me 500mins, 500 text and free internet for £15 a month with a free N95 8GB on an 18 month contract. And that was 18 months ago when the N95 8GB was the top phone

Your examnple is pretty good! free internet for £15 plus calls and texts is what i'm after WITH a phone. I need Voda only, so think i'll wait to 3rd Nov!

Thanks for advice!:thumbsup: Repped

melmorc;6595021

Your examnple is pretty good! free internet for £15 plus calls and texts … Your examnple is pretty good! free internet for £15 plus calls and texts is what i'm after WITH a phone. I need Voda only, so think i'll wait to 3rd Nov!Thanks for advice!:thumbsup: Repped

Thanks mate. Good luck with your search :thumbsup:

discuss with vodafone first, but dont mention this deal from phones4u or any other vodafone deal, instead brag to them about offers from other networks
    ..you'll be surprised with that they offer you, because, obviously, they dont want to lose you as a customer!

Banned

do you want a new phone ?

and under no circumstances got to phones for you .. robbers

Original Poster

dog_cop;6596167

do you want a new phone ?and under no circumstances got to phones for you … do you want a new phone ?and under no circumstances got to phones for you .. robbers

Yes the deal shd include new phone as well. I'll mainly say about other networks then!

Original Poster

RoyalT;6596027

discuss with vodafone first, but dont mention this deal from phones4u or … discuss with vodafone first, but dont mention this deal from phones4u or any other vodafone deal, instead brag to them about offers from other networks..you'll be surprised with that they offer you, because, obviously, they dont want to lose you as a customer!

ta. will do homework cos I think t mobile always offer low monthly price but with good phones.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846149
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44
      3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181

See more discussions