Groups

upgrading a laptop screen

Considering installing a new higher resolution screen to my dell d620, but im unsure if it will work. physically i know i can fit it, but will the laptop give me the option of outputting a higher resolution when it 'sees' the new screen? or are there other things i need to consider?
    i have just now a std 1280x800 screen, looking to pop in a 1440x900

3 Comments

If the graphics processor supports the higher res, which seems likely, then I can't see why it wouldn't work. Where did the higher res screen come from?

I upgraded a Inspiron 6400 from a 1280 (I think) x something display to a 1680x1050 display taken from a broken Inspiron 6000. It was a trivial job as I recall. Dell have, or did have, the service manuals to strip down their machines on their site.

I had the 1440x900 in my dell d630, is there something specific you are after?Whilst using it in that res

Original Poster

VDisillusioned;8384624

If the graphics processor supports the higher res, which seems likely, … If the graphics processor supports the higher res, which seems likely, then I can't see why it wouldn't work. Where did the higher res screen come from?I upgraded a Inspiron 6400 from a 1280 (I think) x something display to a 1680x1050 display taken from a broken Inspiron 6000. It was a trivial job as I recall. Dell have, or did have, the service manuals to strip down their machines on their site.

ive replaced a few lcds, the practise of doing it im fine with. just wondered if it would work. i only have std intel integrated graphics

MarzBarz;8384674

I had the 1440x900 in my dell d630, is there something specific you are … I had the 1440x900 in my dell d630, is there something specific you are after?Whilst using it in that res

just fancied the higher res mate. no special reason.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710946
      2. TechInTheBasket?11
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543737
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767113

See more discussions